OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Hey Byron explain to me why you play Kelly, never mind black. Why is Kelly playing?

Yup, and another question: If you think Tarik isn't tough enough why do you play Down Goes Hibbert?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LA Lakers’ Byron Scott not satisfied with Tarik Black’s development

Quote:
Black was never expected to post eye-popping numbers. He is in his second NBA season after going undrafted. But Scott reported he told Black he wants him to model his game after an NBA All-Rookie first team member (Denver forward Kenneth Faried), a Hall of Famer (Dennis Rodman) and a four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year (Ben Wallace).

“He hasn’t done that yet,” Scott said. “They played balls out, full of energy and aggressive. They didn’t care about the offensive end. ... That’s what he has to do to be an integral part of any team.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160117/la-lakers-byron-scott-not-satisfied-with-tarik-blacks-development

Scott does realize that Black isn't the athlete that twitchy Rodman or explosive Ben Wallace were, right?

I think he might be.

It took Ben Wallace 4 years of flat out training to get DPOY explosive.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Black was never expected to post eye-popping numbers. He is in his second NBA season after going undrafted. But Scott reported he told Black he wants him to model his game after an NBA All-Rookie first team member (Denver forward Kenneth Faried), a Hall of Famer (Dennis Rodman) and a four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year (Ben Wallace).

“He hasn’t done that yet,” Scott said. “They played balls out, full of energy and aggressive. They didn’t care about the offensive end. ... That’s what he has to do to be an integral part of any team.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160117/la-lakers-byron-scott-not-satisfied-with-tarik-blacks-development

Scott does realize that Black isn't the athlete that twitchy Rodman or explosive Ben Wallace were, right?

I think he might be.

Rodman's an unusual case. His entrance to the league came at a late age, at age 25. He'd reached physical maturity and was rather as near a perfect athlete for this sport as we'll see at that age.

He could everything physically at a very high level. I think he may have had as good a sense of body control overall as any first year player I've watched. He could run fast, move laterally under control quickly, had superb reach. He could jump for quickness, jump repeatedly, jump for height, accelerate from a standstill, slow or stop quickly. His "motor" (stamina, endurance, drive) was top level. Just ao many things at a high level of accomplishment, not necessarily any one thing "best of all time", but assembled as he was in combination, devastating.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject:

I know it was in garbage time but Black was on the court for 7 and half minutes, he got four pts and two rebounds and was +12. I know Huertas was +8 I think. But I thought Black was impressive and worked well with Russell which is something I want to see more of.

I don't understand why Byron is giving Kelly game time over Black. Whilst Nance Jr has been injured put Bass at the four and play Black as the center.

I think Black could be here next season as the back up center where I'm doubtful Kelly will be here.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject:

IMO, fans are being deprived of competitive games because of the rotations. We are on pace to win less than 22 games this season. No way we are worse than last year. No freaking way.

Still trying to figure out why our best center can't see at least 15 minutes a game. There's a right way to tank and the wrong way to tank. Byron is tanking ass backwards.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers have got better and more talented roster than last year, this groupof players have got much more potential. The young players Russell/Clarkson/Randle/Nance Jr/Brown/Black should be getting as much game time as possible.

The days of Hibbert starting for a team as the first-choice center are over, his decline in the last two years has been quite big. He suits the Eastern conference more than the Western Conference. Most likely Hibbert will need to take a pay cut in the summer and will have reduce minutes by playing in the second unit for a team.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject:

I don't agree that we have to give playing time to all young players. Instead, we have to focus on develop our young core. In fact, if we can win the lottery to have a top 3 pick and sign a 1-2 high profile players, we will not have no time for those young players in fact. Russell, Clarkson, Randle and Nancr are the only 4 young players I would give playing time. Others young players like Brown, Black, Kelly, Upshaw all have to earn their playing time.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
IMO, fans are being deprived of competitive games because of the rotations. We are on pace to win less than 22 games this season. No way we are worse than last year. No freaking way.

Still trying to figure out why our best center can't see at least 15 minutes a game. There's a right way to tank and the wrong way to tank. Byron is tanking ass backwards.

We actually had more vets last year that were serviceable. Our defense is even worse this year.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

Coaches job = developing players
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
I know it was in garbage time but Black was on the court for 7 and half minutes, he got four pts and two rebounds and was +12. I know Huertas was +8 I think. But I thought Black was impressive and worked well with Russell which is something I want to see more of.

I don't understand why Byron is giving Kelly game time over Black. Whilst Nance Jr has been injured put Bass at the four and play Black as the center.

I think Black could be here next season as the back up center where I'm doubtful Kelly will be here.

Tarik is one of those underrated players that smart GM's hold onto barring unforeseen circumstances like in Houston. I realize that most on this board only consider Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Njr, and Brown the "core", but going forward with a new roster, hopefully top 3 pick, and all that, I would consider Tarik a nice piece of depth as the makeover unfolds.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject:

#FreeTarik
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Tarik is one of those underrated players that smart GM's hold onto barring unforeseen circumstances like in Houston. I realize that most on this board only consider Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Njr, and Brown the "core", but going forward with a new roster, hopefully top 3 pick, and all that, I would consider Tarik a nice piece of depth as the makeover unfolds.

This something I've been saying also. Black is every bit a part of this core as Brown or Nance.

_____/Black
Randle/Nance
______/Brown
Clarkson
Russell

IMO those are the guys to keep build around. Black is a really good backup big
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

I really hope the FO sees Black as part of our young core. He can be a really good backup big for years to come.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I think he might be.

Rodman's an unusual case. His entrance to the league came at a late age, at age 25. He'd reached physical maturity and was rather as near a perfect athlete for this sport as we'll see at that age.

He could everything physically at a very high level. I think he may have had as good a sense of body control overall as any first year player I've watched. He could run fast, move laterally under control quickly, had superb reach. He could jump for quickness, jump repeatedly, jump for height, accelerate from a standstill, slow or stop quickly. His "motor" (stamina, endurance, drive) was top level. Just ao many things at a high level of accomplishment, not necessarily any one thing "best of all time", but assembled as he was in combination, devastating.

thanks for the insight 70s dude. didn't get to watch Rodman play being born in 92'.
I do think Black is very explosive, but he doesn't display the quick leaping ability very often - those motor driven jumps and efforts don't happen too often. I kind of see where Byron is coming from, wanting to see more of that drunk effort or zombie effort if you will. And that's where Rodman shined. Although asking Black to be a hall of fame level player or not play, isn't fair.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject:

Another game, another DNP for Black this time Kelly and Scare got game time over him.

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject:

Black is the best b/c on the team, he should be part of the young core and of course receiving PT..

Another BS perplexing decision...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Black is the best b/c on the team, he should be part of the young core and of course receiving PT..

Which will make the decision to fire him eventually simple.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
deal wrote:

Which will make the decision to fire him eventually simple.

Firing coaches in the NBA doesn't require a lot of thought. It's so simple a caveman could do it.
The FO can do it at the drop of a hat if they wanted to. Just ask Blatt, Karl, Shaw, Jackson, etc.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Another game, another DNP for Black this time Kelly and Scare got game time over him.

This is what Black is going through:

Quote:
When Scott benched him while the Hornets were depleted by injuries, Smith vented to the Times-Picayune about his coach’s “big” ego, bemoaning their lack of communication, while essentially begging for a trade.4

Smith's rant:

“I wasn’t surprised at all [about being benched], because his ego is too big in order to put something petty aside and try to win the game. At this point, something has to be done; I’m not going to prosper from this situation. When you can’t communicate with the head guy, something is wrong. I come in early, stay in late, and if that don’t work, I don’t know what will. So there is nothing for me to do. I’ve approached him numerous times, tried to call, set up meetings — no communication. Every team I’ve been on, I’ve always been friends with the head coach.”
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder of how much fun Tarik Black PnR dunks are: #FreeTarik!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

#FreeTarik!
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

This is what Black is going through:

Quote:
When Scott benched him while the Hornets were depleted by injuries, Smith vented to the Times-Picayune about his coach’s “big” ego, bemoaning their lack of communication, while essentially begging for a trade.4

Smith's rant:

“I wasn’t surprised at all [about being benched], because his ego is too big in order to put something petty aside and try to win the game. At this point, something has to be done; I’m not going to prosper from this situation. When you can’t communicate with the head guy, something is wrong. I come in early, stay in late, and if that don’t work, I don’t know what will. So there is nothing for me to do. I’ve approached him numerous times, tried to call, set up meetings — no communication. Every team I’ve been on, I’ve always been friends with the head coach.”
man up
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

#FreeTarik!

Watching that video infuriates me.

I mean, is the not the exact type of C that we need for the time being?

Such a shame Byron is intent on ruining a great kid with good ability.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I missed the 3rd period last night, and just caught it on a replay. Black was very instrumental for the Lakers getting and keeping the lead in that quarter yet he still sits for most of the game. I was on record during the offseason that I would be fine if he were our starting center. Not the ideal situation, but he is good enough to keep things close. That he isn't playing much is Scott's greatest sin. If we end up losing Black due to Byron that would be horrible.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Black looked good out there again last night. Can we just trade Byron or something?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 34 of 66
Jump to: