OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers still have to match though.

I'm gonna lol @ the FO if they Ed Davis him. I hope they learned from their mistake.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

TB played well & should have gotten a little more PT down the stretch.

I hope the FO doesn't blow it too.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:

I'm gonna lol @ the FO if they Ed Davis him. I hope they learned from their mistake.

Yeah, i'm "afraid" that's a real possibility, let's see what's going on but i can see some teams with smart coaches trying to get him as a backup five. He's athletic, good rebounder, energy guy, sets really good screens, efficient player. Just solid overall, much in the ed davis mold for sure
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Yeah, i'm "afraid" that's a real possibility, let's see what's going on but i can see some teams with smart coaches trying to get him as a backup five. He's athletic, good rebounder, energy guy, sets really good screens, efficient player. Just solid overall, much in the ed davis mold for sure

And we can sign him for peanuts.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Tarik strikes me as a guy that if you're loyal and give him some backing he will give everything he has. I wish we could showcase him these final 20. Tarik has a nice athletic motor and decent game. I'd love to lock him up. I've seen enough to believe he's legit.

Longtime LG lurker.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject:

Very pleased by this game. My concern all year long and all over this thread was his defense. He played very good defense this game

Unfortunately we lost
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I like Tarik's game. A damn shame that Byron has buried him on the bench this year. I'd say that Tarik is the best defender that we have on the team. Every team needs a guy like him, enthusiastic about playing D, doesn't need the ball, willing to do the little things. We have a bunch of good to decent offensive players, but our problem is on the other end of the floor.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Ed Davis was a UFA, Black is a RFA.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Lock him up!!! 3 years 15mil. Done.

Longtime LG lurker.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Tonight Coach Scott must:

#FreeTarik
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, unlike Ed we actually have Tarik's RFA rights. We were the ones who signed him in the first place after Houston dumped him. I'm sure the FO sees his capabilities as a roll man and energy guy off the bench.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject:

There's been no significant change in his minutes since the ASB. Byron plays him, but only during garbage time. If he checks in before a game is already out of hand, it's only for a few minutes at a time. I don't understand the point of making him rot on the bench. If this last stretch is really about developing the young guys and evaluating who they want to keep, why not give him Bass' minutes? There's no way Bass comes back next year anyway since he has a player option.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject:

18 minutes one game to garbage time minutes the next. That's just unfair to Black who played his ass off against Denver. Way to reward him this game, Byron.

There is zero semblance of continuity, progression or development in the players due to these irrational coaching patterns.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ed Davis was a UFA, Black is a RFA.

Wont matter if the Lakers don't care about him.

I hope to be wrong of course because Black is the best Center we have right now and he has a solid future as the rotational Center for this team. But I also said the same thing for Ed Davis and they let him go.

We'll see how it plays out I guess. They better not let him go unless he gets a huge offer.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

(This is a little late but worth noting):

Tarik Black Takes 500 LAUSD Students Out To Movies
Los Angeles Lakers center Tarik Black sponsored a private screening of the film "Race" for 500 LAUSD students before the movie opened for wide release

Quote:
"Sports is so minuscule in the minds of people who want to reach greatness and want to make change," Tarik Black says to a movie theater full of 500 students from Los Angeles Unified School District and from the organization Brotherhood Crusade. "I'm tremendously blessed to be a Los Angeles Laker and play basketball, but that is only a platform."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Tarik-Black-plays-Race-movie-for-LAUSD-369395241.html
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

I'm seeing it more and more. Tarik is that guy. He's the guy you reward with a little more money than you should and reap the benefits. He's a grinder and will improve. He's just so handcuffed by Byron. Tarik is a great teammate and guy. It's so visible everyone likes him and he's a beast. He's very foul prone and a tad undersized at times but he's very agile and aggressive. Please lock this man up. If he gets away o can see us all collectively crying as he is a double double machine for a contender.

Longtime LG lurker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
(This is a little late but worth noting):

Tarik Black Takes 500 LAUSD Students Out To Movies
Los Angeles Lakers center Tarik Black sponsored a private screening of the film "Race" for 500 LAUSD students before the movie opened for wide release

Quote:
"Sports is so minuscule in the minds of people who want to reach greatness and want to make change," Tarik Black says to a movie theater full of 500 students from Los Angeles Unified School District and from the organization Brotherhood Crusade. "I'm tremendously blessed to be a Los Angeles Laker and play basketball, but that is only a platform."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Tarik-Black-plays-Race-movie-for-LAUSD-369395241.html

That impresses the heck out of me. As of today, 70% of kids give up sports by the age of 13. Bless you Tarik for trying to impact that stat.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

The frontcourt is honestly just a logjam. Bass has been consistently one of our best players all year, Randle is the starter, and Nance is the athletic energy guy off the bench. Obviously you can replace Black with Hibbert if you're getting picky, but Roy spaces the floor and is our best shot blocker. I have doubts whether Black is physically strong enough to tangle with the Whitesides, Cousins, and Jordans of the league. The plus of not playing Tarik is the possibility that we can keep him on the cheap.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Tarik has been treated unfairly by Scott, he should be playing more, i dont understand the need to play bass so many minutes, Black has been way more efficient.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
The frontcourt is honestly just a logjam. Bass has been consistently one of our best players all year, Randle is the starter, and Nance is the athletic energy guy off the bench. Obviously you can replace Black with Hibbert if you're getting picky, but Roy spaces the floor and is our best shot blocker. I have doubts whether Black is physically strong enough to tangle with the Whitesides, Cousins, and Jordans of the league. The plus of not playing Tarik is the possibility that we can keep him on the cheap.

Of course Tarik cannot match up with those guys night-in and night-out but in certain situations, on a limited basis, he could and has been quite effective.

He's not full-time starter material but he's a blue-collar guy that comes to play whenever called upon. For the right price, I hope we can keep him & allow him to develop with the rest of the youngsters.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Tarik has been treated unfairly by Scott, he should be playing more, i dont understand the need to play bass so many minutes, Black has been way more efficient.

I have no problem with Bass getting minutes. Bass has earned his playing time. He is a seasoned veteran and he is consistent in his play.

But I do agree that TB should somehow get more playing time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

I understand why Bass plays so many minutes, we are a better team with him than without. It is just unfortunate that Black is the one suffering. At least he knows that it is likely Hibbert and Bass won't be here next season, so things will change. Especially if we get a coach who likes to run pick and roll.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

Free Tarik Black!!! I think he can be a nice piece with this team moving forward.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

He needs to be playing at least 18 min a game next year, should be this year.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers have no plans for Hibbert next year they should give Black more of his minutes. The logjam is more at power forward. Bass can rotate at backing up both positions. Tarik should be given most of the center minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 37 of 66
Jump to: