OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

#KeepTarik
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nice game Tarik, love seeing that P&R. Ease up on the fouls and he should be getting 20 mpg.

I agree. I wish we saw more of him this season.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

The kids gave everything they had to try and give Kobe that win. And Black was one of them. The block, the dunk, the energy. I hope we can bring him back and it seems like he wants to be back.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject:

Tarik Black Insane Block Leads To Crazy Alley-OOP

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Thanks for that. I just watched that 15 more times and forwarded to four people!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Thanks for that. I just watched that 15 more times and forwarded to four people!

This is what SHOWTIME basketball looks like!

#KeepTarik
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

#KeepTarik

Not only that, I was waiting for the team to step up emotionally beside Kobe, and that play was when you first really felt it, that the team was fighting for the win, not just letting Jazz have it. Crowd exploded more than just the dazzling play by 4 guys but by the fight they showed. Until then, the Jazz seemed on cruise control, but Black said not here!

Keep this guy if you can with his spirit.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Can't believe Byron benched him immediately after...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
pio2u wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

#KeepTarik

Not only that, I was waiting for the team to step up emotionally beside Kobe, and that play was when you first really felt it, that the team was fighting for the win, not just letting Jazz have it. Crowd exploded more than just the dazzling play by 4 guys but by the fight they showed. Until then, the Jazz seemed on cruise control, but Black said not here!

Keep this guy if you can with his spirit.

Yeah, during the exit interviews Tarik basically said, this night was for Kobe and they tried to win at all costs. Even if it meant being a poster.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject:

When the likes of Byron, Jim or Mitch have spoken about the young core of players I've never seen them mentioned Tarik Black before.

Quote:
Mark Medina Verified account ‏@MarkG_Medina Apr 14
Tarik Black on if Lakers want to keep him: "They lumped me in as one of the young guys......" By association, that could be a good thing
31 retweets 58 likes

I'm guessing his recent meeting with Mitch and Byron they mentioned him as part of the young core the Lakers have got at the moment. I think it would make sense to keep Black as back-up and his contract wouldn't cost much.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
When the likes of Byron, Jim or Mitch have spoken about the young core of players I've never seen them mentioned Tarik Black before.

Quote:
Mark Medina Verified account ‏@MarkG_Medina Apr 14
Tarik Black on if Lakers want to keep him: "They lumped me in as one of the young guys......" By association, that could be a good thing
31 retweets 58 likes

I'm guessing his recent meeting with Mitch and Byron they mentioned him as part of the young core the Lakers have got at the moment. I think it would make sense to keep Black as back-up and his contract wouldn't cost much.

He always seems to be doing the right thing on the court. And thanks to Scott's ineptitude at coaching, Tarik didn't get much playing time so his contract will be pretty affordable.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Walton filled out an all-Arizona coaching staff with the Tigers. Pastner was a player and coach with the Wildcats, while Murphy rose through the ranks on Coach Lute Olson’s staff, starting as a team manager while Walton was a player. The other assistant was former NBA point guard Damon Stoudamire, another Wildcat.

For a team with a handful of future NBA players on the roster, including Laker Tarik Black and Denver Nuggets guard Will Barton, Walton’s arrival was a big deal.

“I was excited, honestly,” Black said, “and I was excited to play against him.”

Black said Walton saw his potential and encouraged him to expand his game beyond rebounding and dunks.

“Once he saw me, he said, ‘You have NBA potential, use it,’” Black said.

Walton was a bit player on the Lakers team that won a second-straight NBA title a year earlier, but he was always popular among teammates and fans. Things were the same in Memphis.

“He had a lot of great stories to explain to our guys,” Pastner said.

He shared anecdotes about Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal, told stories of playoff battles and channeled Phil Jackson.

“It was good for our guys to hear from Luke,” Pastner said, “just about the different type of things that are going on in the NBA and what it takes to get there.”

Walton has remained in touch with Barton, and Black, who will be a restricted free agent this summer, said he always spoke to his former assistant when he played the Warriors. After a Lakers loss on Jan. 14 in Oakland, Walton approached his former pupil.

Black had scored six points and grabbed six boards in 17 minutes. However, he missed all three of his free throw attempts, prompting Walton to ask, “Why are you standing so far to the side and so far back?”

“He coaching for another and he’s still coaching me,” Black said with fondness.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/walton-714251-pastner-coach.html
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:
Walton filled out an all-Arizona coaching staff with the Tigers. Pastner was a player and coach with the Wildcats, while Murphy rose through the ranks on Coach Lute Olson’s staff, starting as a team manager while Walton was a player. The other assistant was former NBA point guard Damon Stoudamire, another Wildcat.

For a team with a handful of future NBA players on the roster, including Laker Tarik Black and Denver Nuggets guard Will Barton, Walton’s arrival was a big deal.

Black said Walton saw his potential and encouraged him to expand his game beyond rebounding and dunks.

Walton was a bit player on the Lakers team that won a second-straight NBA title a year earlier, but he was always popular among teammates and fans. Things were the same in Memphis.

He shared anecdotes about Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal, told stories of playoff battles and channeled Phil Jackson.

“It was good for our guys to hear from Luke,” Pastner said, “just about the different type of things that are going on in the NBA and what it takes to get there.”

Walton has remained in touch with Barton, and Black, who will be a restricted free agent this summer, said he always spoke to his former assistant when he played the Warriors. After a Lakers loss on Jan. 14 in Oakland, Walton approached his former pupil.

Black had scored six points and grabbed six boards in 17 minutes. However, he missed all three of his free throw attempts, prompting Walton to ask, “Why are you standing so far to the side and so far back?”

I want black back so badly. guy gives it his all on defense and roles hard on offense
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

There's no way Tarik leaves now. Luke won't let it happen. Not only will he likely remain, though, you can expect him to be a rotation player as well (like he should've been this season). Score another positive for Coach Walton
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

Please stay Tarik. You're mean enough!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

yeah.. we need to keep Tarik. he's a solid role player who brings a lot of energy.

if byron would have played him more.. we would have won 5 more games.
but his DNPs helped us tank.

now it seems as though we want to win.. so free Tarik!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

Hopefully with Luke on board, Tarik will be able to stay. Forgot about Walton's stint with Memphis during the lockout.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

It will be nice to have a coach who actually will know how to use Tarik.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:

Walton is just saying the same things we've said about Black. It's good that they have familiarity with each other. That will bode really well for next season.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I hope Black is back next season and it will be interesting to see what he's capable of doing for the Lakers with Byron not being the head coach anymore. Byron hardly used Black this season he prefered Bass as the back-up to Hibbert and even used Sacre instead of Black a number of times as well. I thought Black showed potential in his first season with the Lakers and this season didn't go to plan for him, Byron said Black didn't play "hard" enough etc. For me Black could easily turn out to be a solid back-up playing in the second-unit. Next season he will be a third-year and he's still only 24 years old so he fits in to this young core the Lakers have got.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
I hope Black is back next season and it will be interesting to see what he's capable of doing for the Lakers with Byron not being the head coach anymore. Byron hardly used Black this season he prefered Bass as the back-up to Hibbert and even used Sacre instead of Black a number of times as well. I thought Black showed potential in his first season with the Lakers and this season didn't go to plan for him, Byron said Black didn't play "hard" enough etc. For me Black could easily turn out to be a solid back-up playing in the second-unit. Next season he will be a third-year and he's still only 24 years old so he fits in to this young core the Lakers have got.

Black is talented and has a good personality. He's very peaceful and eloquent guy off the court. Byron wanted him to develop a "mean streak" this season, which doesn't make sense to me. I suspect that's the reason he didn't play much. I saw it more as a personality clash than anything. After going over the game tape from last season, Luke will probably be facepalming at how badly Black was handled this past season.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Black is talented and has a good personality. He's very peaceful and eloquent guy off the court. Byron wanted him to develop a "mean streak" this season, which doesn't make sense to me. I suspect that's the reason he didn't play much. I saw it more as a personality clash than anything. After going over the game tape from last season, Luke will probably be facepalming at how badly Black was handled this past season.

In his interviews he's always very well spoken and respects the media who he's talking to it seems. If Black does come back next season hopefully Luke can get the best out of Black.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Judah wrote:
Quote:

I want black back so badly. guy gives it his all on defense and roles hard on offense

RFA, Lakers hold all the cards
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

#KeepTarik
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
#KeepTarik

Yep
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 39 of 66
Jump to: