Lin VS Price
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lin vs Price as starter
Lin
66%
 66%  [ 144 ]
Price
33%
 33%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 215

samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Lin VS Price

Who would you star at point guard right now for the lakers. As much I hate to say it but price playing better than Lin. , he is playing better defense and a better offense. What you guys think
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

Oh please no.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

None of the above..
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

I wonder what took Price so long to put his game together in the NBA... maybe the inconsistency was due to the fact that his minutes was always restricted earlier in his career..... at the very least... he can become one of the best back-up PG's in the NBA if the Lakers are fortunate enough to acquire a starting PG.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
None of the above..

nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Voices wrote:
None of the above..

This is a Lin vs Price poll...pick one, haha.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

A month ago it would be Lin and not even a discussion about it. He has been hamstrung.

Earvin Magic JohnsonVerified account
‏@MagicJohnson
Jeremy Lin is going to be a good starting PG for the Lakers w/ his ability to get in the lane and create shots for himself & his teammates.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lin is a better PG then Price, but he's not going to start because Kobe has the ball in his hands most of the time. Lin is most effective when he has the ball in multiple P&R, not as an off guard.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wonder what took Price so long to put his game together in the NBA... maybe the inconsistency was due to the fact that his minutes was always restricted earlier in his career..... at the very least... he can become one of the best back-up PG's in the NBA if the Lakers are fortunate enough to acquire a starting PG.

Are you listening to yourself. The guy has had 3 good games and even after his "masterpiece" last night of 18/4 he is still only shooting 36% FG 33% 3FG for this year and 37% FG and 29% 3FG for his entire 10 year career.

This is beyond ridiculous. Price literally is one of the historically worst players in the NBA. In fact he was almost out of the league and only got a camp invite because Byron has some weird fixation on him. I mean for the love of Dorne, Scott was talking about starting him during Preseason after Nash bowed out. REALLY!?!? This Price starting thing is not an accident or a surprise Scott has been angling for it since October and WHY??!? He's so in love with a player who had avg 3.5 PPG 1 APG over 10 Years!!!!!!!

Lin is 5 year vet with a career 11.7 PPG 4.8 APG who had been starter on a playoff team and has career averages of 44%FG and 34% 3FG. Who the FO is paying 15 million dollars to this year.

And you want to start Price over him even in Preseason. What kind of unthinkable stupidty is this.

Also Lin avg 48%FG and 38% 12PPG in Form the entire month of November and was benched 4 days into December!!!!! Really!!! Tell how that happened?!?

You want Guys want Price and think after 10 f'in years he suddenly become more than the ulitimate scrub 3.5 PPG he is fine. Lin's numbers will suffer because of Scott's stupidity but so will the Laker's record. Lin is a FA this summer and will get an offer, probably from the Kings if they hire George Karl. But you guys are gonna be stuck with Byron Scott and probably his buddy Price for another year and a half and when Price reverts back to his 10 year mean average you guys enjoy.

Lol Laker's Legacy from Kareem to Magic/ Reilly to Phil/Shaq/Kobe to now Byron Scott/ Ronnie Price.

Shame You guys could have had a solid PG who has the potential to be great with the right coach that could have be a foundational piece for years to come who the FO is paying 15 million to and you rather have him sit in favor of Ronnie "F'in" Price?

Wow... Just unbelievable. Has anybody seen anything like this ever in Basketball. A 36yo vet minimum scrub with terrible averages over 10 years playing double the minutes to a 26yo 5 year vet making 15 million with superior averages across the board.

The stupidity of it is numbing.
For the whole real truth about Jeremy Lin and his toxic tenure with Houston and Kevin Mchale to a new beginning with the Lakers read my post on Pg 108 in "Official Jeremy Lin thread" posted 11/20/14 at 7:39pm.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

It's not an apples to apples comparison because Boozer was switched out of lineup along with Lin, and strength of schedule when Lin was starter was much, much harder than after Price and Davis were inserted into lineup after Celtics game (would really need to see what would have happened if Lin and Davis had been inserted into starting lineup after Celtics game, instead of Price and Davis).

Plus Nick Young didn't play in many of those early games where Lin was starter.

Ultimate ceiling of team is, at least to me, also much higher if Kobe and Lin Davis pnr were primary focal points of starting unit offense, and everyone else feeding off the action they create.

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:
Are you listening to yourself. The guy has had 3 good games and even after his "masterpiece" last night of 18/4 he is still only shooting 36% FG 33% 3FG for this year and 37% FG and 29% 3FG for his entire 10 year career.

This is beyond ridiculous. Price literally is one of the historically worst players in the NBA. In fact he was almost out of the league and only got a camp invite because Byron has some weird fixation on him. I mean for the love of Dorne, Scott was talking about starting him during Preseason after Nash bowed out. REALLY!?!? This Price starting thing is not an accident or a surprise Scott has been angling for it since October and WHY??!? He's so in love with a player who had avg 3.5 PPG 1 APG over 10 Years!!!!!!!

Lin is 5 year vet with a career 11.7 PPG 4.8 APG who had been starter on a playoff team and has career averages of 44%FG and 34% 3FG. Who the FO is paying 15 million dollars to this year.

And you want to start Price over him even in Preseason. What kind of unthinkable stupidty is this.

Also Lin avg 48%FG and 38% 12PPG in Form the entire month of November and was benched 4 days into December!!!!! Really!!! Tell how that happened?!?

You want Guys want Price and think after 10 f'in years he suddenly become more than the ulitimate scrub 3.5 PPG he is fine. Lin's numbers will suffer because of Scott's stupidity but so will the Laker's record. Lin is a FA this summer and will get an offer, probably from the Kings if they hire George Karl. But you guys are gonna be stuck with Byron Scott and probably his buddy Price for another year and a half and when Price reverts back to his 10 year mean average you guys enjoy.

Lol Laker's Legacy from Kareem to Magic/ Reilly to Phil/Shaq/Kobe to now Byron Scott/ Ronnie Price.

Shame You guys could have had a solid PG who has the potential to be great with the right coach that could have be a foundational piece for years to come who the FO is paying 15 million to and you rather have him sit in favor of Ronnie "F'in" Price?

Wow... Just unbelievable. Has anybody seen anything like this ever in Basketball. A 36yo vet minimum scrub with terrible averages over 10 years playing double the minutes to a 26yo 5 year vet making 15 million with superior averages across the board.

I think you can't get over the fact that Price is outplaying Lin right now..... you probably won't post on LG... when Lin finally gets shipped to another team.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

I think you can't get over the fact that Price is outplaying Lin right now..... you probably won't post on LG... when Lin finally gets shipped to another team.

I think he is more angry at Lin than anyone else.

From his posts over at the Lin fan forum, I think he thinks Lin is not being alpha enough, and should break plays on court and just get his, despite any different instructions Byron Scott may have given Lin.

He wants Lin to go rogue and just get his.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

I wouldn't take anything seriously written by somebody who wishes injury to a player.
JuanCesta wrote:
I'm not wishing injury on anybody but If Kobe over exerts himself and causes another major injury it wouldn't be the worst thing for the rest of his teammates ESP the starting PG.

Just sayin.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

JLinfanJoe wrote:

From his posts over at the Lin fan forum, I think he thinks Lin is not being alpha enough, and should break plays on court and just get his, despite any different instructions Byron Scott may have given Lin.

I am a big Lin fan as well... and was amazed at his performances during his time with the Knicks when Linsanity broke out... but it's obvious he's not a good fit here... and Scott making Kobe the premier play-maker for the PG role basically ended Lin's time here with the Lakers... he is basically being used the same way the Rockets used him last year.

Last edited by K0BEE 2.0 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

Based on what we have seen the past 30+ games, I would stick with Price.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

I can recall in the preseason when Price was signed that I had suggested that Price would be an asset to the club defensively and probably be able to average around 12 mpg doing so, man oh man did I got flamed for this suggesting instead that he would not get virtually any minutes at all on this club.....

.... as it turns out my estimation was wildly conservative actually....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:

I am a big Lin fan as well... and was amazed at his performances during his time with the Knicks when Linsanity broke out... but it's obvious he's not a good fit here... and Scott making Kobe the premier play-maker for the PG role basically ended Lin's time here with the Lakers... he is basically being used the same way the Rockets used him last year.

They need to just trade him. He is just wasting away on the bench. Even Aaron Brooks on the Bulls get more minutes than Lin
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

would start price in BS system. pretty much took over derek fishers spot
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:

They need to just trade him. He is just wasting away on the bench. Even Aaron Brooks on the Bulls get more minutes than Lin

Maybe that is for a reason, eh?

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:

((COMMENT REMOVED))
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Price is playing good right now, but if history is any indication he's probably going to go back to being a scrub in a few games. Count on that.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:

Yep he needs to get traded along with you and the rest of your cohorts

Lakers are not going to see the playoff for another 3 to 4 years. Good luck with Byron Scott and the Buss Kids.

Last edited by Shaqtin on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:

Yep he needs to get traded along with you and the rest of your cohorts

Lakers are not going to see the playoff for another 3 to 4 years.

And that has to do with Lin and/or Price?
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

And just how is 5.6 PPG 36% and 33% outplaying 10.3PPG 42% and 34%. BTW Lin is Top 5 in the NBA for PGs in blocks and has a better defensive rating than Price for those about to talk non-sense about defense.

And I won't even get into the career numbers comparison.

Answer me this Lin went 12 PPG 48% 38% from 3 with 5APG for the WHOLE month of November as a starter and then gets benched 4 days into December after puttin up 14pts 5/8 in 19 minutes is Boston without playing the entire 4th for Ronnie Price who at that time has 3PPG 33% 25% season avg.

But of course after Ronnie's "historic" run of late his up his PPG to 5.6 for the season on 36% and 33% shooting. Go Ronnie Go. The Crossed Armed Genius Coach strikes again.

I don't think Lin every got 30MPG even as a starter and now Price is getting 33+.

No other NBA player in Lin's shoes would stand for this S. Your just lucky Lin has the personality of a typical egar to be a good teammate sap. Any other player of Lin's caliber and their agent would be creating a massive S storm.

It's interesting how Lin puts up solid numbers gets replaced as a starter by fringe scrubs barely hanging on the league by their fingernails, Lin still puts up better numbers on avg than his replacement with in much less minutes and still people seem to think there's nothing wrong there?

Just be thankful for Lin's meekness either religious or whatever otherwise. Really no other player would tolerate this non-sense from am idiot coach.

Lowery didn't tolerate it from Mchale. Lowery told Houston where to stick it and now is an all star in Toronto.

Sigh...Jeremy is just to Nice and meek for his own good.
For the whole real truth about Jeremy Lin and his toxic tenure with Houston and Kevin Mchale to a new beginning with the Lakers read my post on Pg 108 in "Official Jeremy Lin thread" posted 11/20/14 at 7:39pm.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

I wouldn't take anything seriously written by somebody who wishes injury to a player.
JuanCesta wrote:
I'm not wishing injury on anybody but If Kobe over exerts himself and causes another major injury it wouldn't be the worst thing for the rest of his teammates ESP the starting PG.

Just sayin.

I never wrote that. What T H is this? Thats a pile of garbage. I demand that the moderators force you to acknowledge I never wrote anything like that on the LG. I would have been banned in a heartbeat I Wrote that on a Laker's forum. Absolute garbage
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30
Jump to: