Lin VS Price
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lin vs Price as starter
Lin
66%
 66%  [ 144 ]
Price
33%
 33%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 215

13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Lin needs to be reinstated into the starting lineup now that Kobe may be out for awhile.

There's no reason for snakehead to try to orchestrate this unit the way he's been playing lately.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
I think Lin needs to be reinstated into the starting lineup now that Kobe may be out for awhile.

There's no reason for snakehead to try to orchestrate this unit the way he's been playing lately.

won't happen, as long as Byron is the coach, Lin is doomed... the thing intrigues me is how Ronnie run the offense without Kobe, TBH, he run it reasonably well for a couple of games without Kobe, let's see if he can run it well consistently
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

won't happen, as long as Byron is the coach, Lin is doomed... the thing intrigues me is how Ronnie run the offense without Kobe, TBH, he run it reasonably well for a couple of games without Kobe, let's see if he can run it well consistently

well, price has high basketball iq, most closed wired with kobe, and understands scott's offense the best. We should be able to see the best of what scott's offense has to offer
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

well, price has high basketball iq, most closed wired with kobe, and understands scott's offense the best. We should be able to see the best of what scott's offense has to offer

another intriguing thing is who is going to be the starting SG the rest of the season, Young or Ellington?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

another intriguing thing is who is going to be the starting SG the rest of the season, Young or Ellington?

ellington, scott is way too predictable at this point.

as he said before, he doesn't want to make changes to the rotation. Young hasn't started all season, no reason to change that.
HeadOfTheSnake
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

<-------------------------
K76154
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Now Kobe will be out for a while, so there's no reason for not starting Lin anymore. Those fit argument no longer exists now.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:
Now Kobe will be out for a while, so there's no reason for not starting Lin anymore. Those fit argument no longer exists now.

the only reason:

Miller: defense-mind through and through, who's your best defender?
Scott: Ronnie Price. He's the head of snake, he's been able to do something really good for us on that end. His energy and effort been contagious.
Miller: As you think back, who has digested your offense schemes the best?
Scott: Well I think really a couple of guys, Ronnie Price is one of the guys, with Kobe obviously, and Carlos Boozer is the other guy.
Miller: You mentioned Kobe, who's wired the most with the black Mamba?
Scott: Ronnie Price. Tough as nails, very high basketball IQ, hates losing, and probably as competitive as anybody we have.

no more explanation needed.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:

Unfortunately our coach is Byron Scott and in his mind now that Kobe is down, it means we'll have to lean even more heavily on Ronnie Price and play him 38 mpg.
Ronnie Price
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry guys, I will lead this team to victory. Byron said that Kobe has been holding me back and that it's my time to shine.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Ronnie Price wrote:
Don't worry guys, I will lead this team to victory. Byron said that Kobe has been holding me back and that it's my time to shine.

C'mon man, why do you need to goof on Price in this way?

How can this account be anything other than a troll account at worst, and simply disrespectful of a hard working Lakers' player at best?
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

K76154 wrote:

No, that's impossible considering Price is the better fit for the starters according to BS.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott wrote:
Ronnie Price wrote:

How can this account be anything other than a troll account at worst, and simply disrespectful of a hard working Lakers' player at best?

Fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
persons
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

boozer, young , lin , hill , clarkson should start now .. nothing to lose
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Byron Scott wrote:
Ronnie Price wrote:

Fixed.

Meet me in Temecula.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Byron Scott wrote:
Ronnie Price wrote:

Fixed.

laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Byron Scott wrote:
Ronnie Price wrote:

Fixed.

You too. And all you other Ronnie Price haters, meet me in Temecula.
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Byron Scott wrote:
Ronnie Price wrote:

Fixed.

You too. And all you other Ronnie Price haters, meet me in Temecula.

You know its more of a troll of Byron Scott than Price right? I doubt anyone is actually a hater and hes unfortunately collateral dmg from trolling BS.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

So, it's ok to start a Ronnie Price appreciation thread to do the same thing? How many people here would think it hilarious if a Jeremy Lin appreciation thread were created simply to trash Lin?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Ronnie Price will lead us to the championship. no more cuddling Kobe.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
So, it's ok to start a Ronnie Price appreciation thread to do the same thing? How many people here would think it hilarious if a Jeremy Lin appreciation thread were created simply to trash Lin?

If Lin, Mith or Jeanie said something silly like "Lin is the Alpha Dawg and face of the Lakers" then go right ahead. I'd join in laughing at both the statement and whoever said it. Is it that hard to understand that no one is trashing Price himself? What's with all these tears
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:

Nobody wanted to trash Price. They just sick about BS repeatedly talks to media Price is the "Head of the snake" of the team which seems off balance as a coach.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject:

i voted Price because he commands double teams, relentlessly drives to the basket, and plays solid defense (not the fake hand-waving / feet-shuffling kind). but mainly because he's the Head of the Snake
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject:

You thinks you knows more about basketball than our title hope coach Byron Scott? Price is a diamond in the rough. Byron sees the CP and Curry potential in Price. Even Price rarely get double digit and the starting lineup he lead consistently outplayed by the bench, it's worthy price to be paid for the development of his all star potential.

Be patient, Byron Scott promised to bring Lakers titles under his tenure and Price will be critical.

In Byron Scott and Price we trust.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

Well, I'm clearly in the minority here. Go ahead keep mocking me, it's all in good fun and I can take it.

However, I'm surprised at the genuine lack of fan appreciation for a hard working player who leaves it all on the court.

Right from the get-go, people have been mocking him, calling him "Ronnie Freaking Price" before the season even started. This has nothing to do with Scott and has been about Lin all along. Blame shifting and excuses have been a constant. And now Scott has simply made it easier to make Price the lightening rod.

The mods have done a great job to keep Lin from becoming exactly that kind of lightening rod for people who've become irritated at the over the top Lin fandom. There was so much ambitious boasting of what Lin was going to accomplish this year, expressed by people like JuanCesta. Any critique of Lin's game is met with, oh, let's shift the blame to Kobe, or Price, the system, Boozer and Swaggy cuz they don't pass back, or Scott. Or cherry picking of stats to "prove" that Lin is capable of being a star, if only...

The very thing that people have wanted to avoid with Lin, is now being perpetrated on Ronnie Price.

Look in the mirror friends, and lay off Ronnie Price.

Or, meet me in Temecula. Passing Murrietta. 10 minutes away.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: