With Houston's 2015 Pick the Lakers Select...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: With Houston's 2015 Pick the Lakers Select...

Probably more productive to discuss this. Any way Tyus Jones could somehow fall to this pick?
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 24920

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

If the pick lands around 20 its golden.

Jones
Lavert
RJ Hunter

those guys could be available! If not I like Delon Wright, or maybe Chris Walker, Dakari Johnson, Rashad Vaughn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
If the pick lands around 20 its golden.

Jones
Lavert
RJ Hunter

those guys could be available! If not I like Delon Wright, or maybe Chris Walker, Dakari Johnson, Rashad Vaughn.


I haven't paid as much attention to college but these names sound good. Solid rotation players who can get better.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 24920

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
If the pick lands around 20 its golden.

Jones
Lavert
RJ Hunter

those guys could be available! If not I like Delon Wright, or maybe Chris Walker, Dakari Johnson, Rashad Vaughn.


I haven't paid as much attention to college but these names sound good. Solid rotation players who can get better.


i think Jones, Lavert, and RJ Hunter could have high ceilings.. they're all projected somewhere from late lotto to 20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3760

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Man, jones plays like a man whose lived before. It's like he just gets it. I would love to have him on the lakers. If he's our only draft pick this season I would be happy. Levert is nice also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14338

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Malik Pope from San Diego State University....

Please declare lol
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
#BussFamilySellTheTeam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Man, jones plays like a man whose lived before. It's like he just gets it. I would love to have him on the lakers. If he's our only draft pick this season I would be happy. Levert is nice also


Jones has that old soul kind of game.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3760

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Man, jones plays like a man whose lived before. It's like he just gets it. I would love to have him on the lakers. If he's our only draft pick this season I would be happy. Levert is nice also


Jones has that old soul kind of game.



Jones and okafor both have that oldman game lol like they have been here before. I think it would be amazing if we could land both
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Posts: 11333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Dakari Johnson or Sam Dekker. Jones reminds me too much of DJ Augustin, too small and could be a liability on the defensive end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1496

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Hollis-Jefferson
Oubre
Alexander


Kansas kids for upside picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Dakari Johnson or Sam Dekker. Jones reminds me too much of DJ Augustin, too small and could be a liability on the defensive end.


Both sound good to me. Added depth.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55565
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
#28
TJ Leaf
Josh Hart
Bam Adebayo
Tony Bradley
Thomas Bryant
Derrick White
Semi Ojeleye
Jordan Bell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Posts: 11333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Dakari started with Randle, both played well together and already has chemistry on the court. He's a great offensive rebounder, good post defender, and can handle some of the scoring when Randle subs out. He's also from Kentucky, those players rarely bust. I think he'll be a solid pro.

This would also mean we drafted Johnson, Winslow, or Mudiay with the 4th or 5th pick because I don't think we would draft two centers in the 1st round.

Dragic/Clarkson
Kobe/Young
Johnson/Wes
Randle/Kelly
Dakari/Davis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55565
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?


No. Just think there is better.

I'd rather have Jerian Grant at that pick.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
#28
TJ Leaf
Josh Hart
Bam Adebayo
Tony Bradley
Thomas Bryant
Derrick White
Semi Ojeleye
Jordan Bell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Irie
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

Give me towns or Okafor with our top 5 pick. After that lets infuse our team with some hustle and defense. Ron Artest with athleticism and a 3 point shot. Shooting at a 50%+ clip at 2 and 3. Justin Anderson from UVA. His offense is up this year and defense is down but his calling is definitely defense that can spread the floor. He may be an early 2nd pick right now but his stock will definitely rise. Especially around where Houston's pick is.

[url=http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justin-Anderson-5676/][/url]


Last edited by Irie on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?


No. Just think there is better.

I'd rather have Jerian Grant at that pick.


That dunk of his...what?

Yeah, not sure if we'll keep it, but I think there's value to be had at that range. In 2011, Chicago selected Mirotic and Butler with 24 and 30th picks (IIRC). We can do as well or better.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 10190

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Top 5 I'm going with Karl Towns or Stanley Johnson/Justise Winslow(whomever is left).

If we land at 20th then I'm going with Caris LeVert and hoping he falls to us.

At the moment LeVert is slated to go 23rd. At the moment the Lakers Houston pick is 22nd. He should be in our range barring a fantastic second half of the season from him.

I wound up drafting both Justise Winslow and Caris LeVert in 2k. I was planning on Stanley Johnson but he went 2nd. So I got Winslow.

Any combination of Stanley Johnson/Caris LeVert or Justise Winslow/Caris LeVert would do it for me imo. That's probably the best fit next to Randle anyway and I don't have anything against having Ed Davis as our starting center next year if it came down to it and going all in to add Brandon Knight to this team.

With the 2nd round pick I'd go after Jerian Grant if he's still available there.

Unfortunately Grant has raised up to 18th, and a 1st round pick after his Georgia Tech performance and Delon Wright has raised up to 15th and may wind up being the "Elfrid Payton" of this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14338

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Top 5 I'm going with Karl Towns or Stanley Johnson/Justise Winslow(whomever is left).

If we land at 20th then I'm going with Caris LeVert and hoping he falls to us.

At the moment LeVert is slated to go 23rd. At the moment the Lakers Houston pick is 22nd. He should be in our range barring a fantastic second half of the season from him.

I wound up drafting both Justise Winslow and Caris LeVert in 2k. I was planning on Stanley Johnson but he went 2nd. So I got Winslow.

Any combination of Stanley Johnson/Caris LeVert or Justise Winslow/Caris LeVert would do it for me imo. That's probably the best fit next to Randle anyway and I don't have anything against having Ed Davis as our starting center next year if it came down to it and going all in to add Brandon Knight to this team.

With the 2nd round pick I'd go after Jerian Grant if he's still available there.

Unfortunately Grant has raised up to 18th, and a 1st round pick after his Georgia Tech performance and Delon Wright has raised up to 15th and may wind up being the "Elfrid Payton" of this draft.


PREACH
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
#BussFamilySellTheTeam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55565
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?


No. Just think there is better.

I'd rather have Jerian Grant at that pick.


That dunk of his...what?

Yeah, not sure if we'll keep it, but I think there's value to be had at that range. In 2011, Chicago selected Mirotic and Butler with 24 and 30th picks (IIRC). We can do as well or better.


Not every draft class is the same.

This draft class is FAR less deep than last season.

I think people are very focused on where a pick is placed, but not even how the Lakers run their draft list.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
#28
TJ Leaf
Josh Hart
Bam Adebayo
Tony Bradley
Thomas Bryant
Derrick White
Semi Ojeleye
Jordan Bell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55565
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

In bold, the guys I like.

Jerian Grant and Tyrone Wallace are killing it as 6'5" pseudo point guards.

Of course Jerian Grant flew up the list. Now I need to find another second rounder.

2015 1ST ROUND MOCK
1 Jahlil Okafor C
Duke, Freshman

3 Karl Towns PF/C
Kentucky, Freshman
4 Willie Cauley-Stein C
Kentucky, Junior
5 Kristaps Porzingis PF
Sevilla, International
6 Justise Winslow SF
Duke, Freshman

7 Mario Hezonja SG/SF
Barcelona, International
8 Stanley Johnson SF
Arizona, Freshman


10 D'Angelo Russell PG/SG
Ohio State, Freshman

11 Kevon Looney PF
UCLA, Freshman

12 Myles Turner C
Texas, Freshman
13 Caris LeVert SG
Michigan, Junior

14 Frank Kaminsky PF
Wisconsin, Senior
15 Montrezl Harrell PF/C
Louisville, Junior

16 Sam Dekker SF
Wisconsin, Junior
17 Cliff Alexander PF/C
Kansas, Freshman
18 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson SF
Arizona, Sophomore

20 Christian Wood PF
UNLV, Sophomore
21 Tyus Jones PG
Duke, Freshman


23 R.J. Hunter SG
Georgia State, Junior
24 Tyrone Wallace PG
California, Junior
25 Jerian Grant PG
Notre Dame, Senior



From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3O60ZgfFz
http://www.draftexpress.com
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
#28
TJ Leaf
Josh Hart
Bam Adebayo
Tony Bradley
Thomas Bryant
Derrick White
Semi Ojeleye
Jordan Bell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77941

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?


No. Just think there is better.

I'd rather have Jerian Grant at that pick.


That dunk of his...what?

Yeah, not sure if we'll keep it, but I think there's value to be had at that range. In 2011, Chicago selected Mirotic and Butler with 24 and 30th picks (IIRC). We can do as well or better.


Not every draft class is the same.

This draft class is FAR less deep than last season.

I think people are very focused on where a pick is placed, but not even how the Lakers run their draft list.


Of course not. My point is there is still value at the end of drafts. Another guy we are discussing in the 2015 free agency thread is Cory Joseph, a 29th pick.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55565
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Not a fan of Dakari. Dekker is like Majerle 2.0. Think they can do better.


I admit I haven't looked at these guys closely enough. Is Dan Majerle 2.0 such a bad thing at say the 23rd pick?


No. Just think there is better.

I'd rather have Jerian Grant at that pick.


That dunk of his...what?

Yeah, not sure if we'll keep it, but I think there's value to be had at that range. In 2011, Chicago selected Mirotic and Butler with 24 and 30th picks (IIRC). We can do as well or better.


Not every draft class is the same.

This draft class is FAR less deep than last season.

I think people are very focused on where a pick is placed, but not even how the Lakers run their draft list.


Of course not. My point is there is still value at the end of drafts. Another guy we are discussing in the 2015 free agency thread is Cory Joseph, a 29th pick.


But it took him YEARS to develop. I think legit talent will only get to the first 35.

Not like 70 in previous years.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
#28
TJ Leaf
Josh Hart
Bam Adebayo
Tony Bradley
Thomas Bryant
Derrick White
Semi Ojeleye
Jordan Bell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Posts: 11333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we draft a big like Okafor, Towns, WCS, or Turner. I think we'll draft a SF or SG with the Rockets pick. One name that hasn't been mentioned much is Kentucky SG Devin Booker. I like his long term potential. He's 6'6 205 lbs, a great shooter and has good athleticism. He's one of the hidden gems of the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1496

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Mike, why don't you like Myles Turner?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB