With Houston's 2015 Pick the Lakers Select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I think players like levert, kaminsky, and wright will all be there around our pick because they are upperclassmen. It happens every single NBA draft because teams are prone to picking players based on potential. That's why I'm positive that the two freshman from Kansas still enter this draft. Oubre will be taken top 10 on potential alone so theres no point in staying another season.

Look at clarkson, he fell all the way to the second round last season.

I have a feeling levert may find his way to LA. I think he will be the same age Clarkson was when we drafted him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

I don't think Levert, Kaminsky, and Wright will slip so far. After the lottery freshman are taken, it's all about BPA.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Mike, why don't you like Myles Turner?

Doesn't generate explosion well. Right now, more comfortable along the perimeter.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I don't think Levert, Kaminsky, and Wright will slip so far. After the lottery freshman are taken, it's all about BPA.

I saw the DX top 100, of course each team's top 50 charts are different, but seems Tyus Jones is within reach. What are your thoughts on him? Seems like he would have trouble in the NBA, physically speaking, but is still a solid PG who could either start or be a great backup PG.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Levert won't fall to the 20th pick. I do think Kaminsky or Tyus Jones will be there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Levert won't fall to the 20th pick. I do think Kaminsky or Tyus Jones will be there.

Jones looks like a great taskmaster PG. Won't blow you away but he will run the team nicely. His physical shortcomings will probably be scrutinized but his overall game looks nice.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I saw the DX top 100, of course each team's top 50 charts are different, but seems Tyus Jones is within reach. What are your thoughts on him? Seems like he would have trouble in the NBA, physically speaking, but is still a solid PG who could either start or be a great backup PG.

I think physically he will need a few years in the NBA to really come into his own. If willing to hold onto him for 5 years before he really blossoms then maybe, but is it worth drafting a guy if you don't expect him to do much by the time his rookie contract expires? I suppose it gives you the right to extend the player as a restricted FA so you get some degree of leverage but I'm not sure.

J.P. Tokoto is an interesting prospect - defensively very good and an explosive athlete, though limited offensively. He's really improved his 3pt shooting recently so I thin he could be a pretty strong 3 and D player. He's more of a target for a 2nd round pick though.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Doesn't generate explosion well. Right now, more comfortable along the perimeter.

Hmmm, he's raw, but I see length, athleticism, touch and he averages 7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks in 22 minutes a game. I'd be happy with him at 5...
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I love turners skillset but his knees touch like bynums did so no thank you.

I think tyus jones is more athletic than people give him credit for, he seems to be able to get into the paint when he wants to. I think people are forgetting that he isn't just a passing pg, he can actually score when he wants to. However, I don't really want him without okafor lol I'd rather grab levert if he's there or kaminsky
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Chad Ford Big Board 2015

1 Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Towns
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Kevin Looney
6. Justice Winslow
7. WCS
8. Myles Turner
9. Kelly Oubre
10. Mario Henzonga
11. Stanley Johnson
12. D'angelo Russell
13. R.J Hunter
14. Jakob Poelt
15. Montrezl Harrell
16. Trey Lyles
17. Frank Kaminsky
18. Delon Wright
19. Jerian Grant
20. Tyrone Wallace
21. Justin Anderson
22. Sam Dekker
23. Tyus Jones
24. Chris McCullough
25. Cliff Alexander
26. Terry Rozier
27. Rondae Hollis Jefferson
28. Bobby Portis
29. Caris Levert
30. Robert Upshaw

He also said picks 5-11 are interchangeable, could go either way depending on team needs. The top 4 are locks.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I like him a lot. He plays with more IQ than Farmar. I am concerned that his size will get in the way.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I think physically he will need a few years in the NBA to really come into his own. If willing to hold onto him for 5 years before he really blossoms then maybe, but is it worth drafting a guy if you don't expect him to do much by the time his rookie contract expires? I suppose it gives you the right to extend the player as a restricted FA so you get some degree of leverage but I'm not sure.

J.P. Tokoto is an interesting prospect - defensively very good and an explosive athlete, though limited offensively. He's really improved his 3pt shooting recently so I thin he could be a pretty strong 3 and D player. He's more of a target for a 2nd round pick though.

He's been with UNC for a few years, but has really lacked any true guard development. He was a highly touted prospect, but still has PF skills.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Hmmm, he's raw, but I see length, athleticism, touch and he averages 7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks in 22 minutes a game. I'd be happy with him at 5...

He's not natural in the painted area. He has more upside, but is FAR more comfortable playing the Channing Frye/Isaiah Austin.

I see length, average athleticism, great touch.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He's been with UNC for a few years, but has really lacked any true guard development. He was a highly touted prospect, but still has PF skills.

Yeah I wouldn't take Tokoto with any expectation that he would be able to do anything on the offensive end other than shoot open threes and get out and run. I think he'll have a Corey Brewer type career, which I wouldn't mind out of a 2nd round pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I like him a lot. He plays with more IQ than Farmar. I am concerned that his size will get in the way.

Not bad to have a floor general at say a 23rd pick. Delon Wright looks nice, but without a jumper, how will he fare in the NBA?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Chad Ford Big Board 2015

1 Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Towns
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Kevin Looney
6. Justice Winslow
7. WCS
8. Myles Turner
9. Kelly Oubre
10. Mario Henzonga
11. Stanley Johnson
12. D'angelo Russell
13. R.J Hunter
14. Jakob Poelt
15. Montrezl Harrell
16. Trey Lyles
17. Frank Kaminsky
18. Delon Wright
19. Jerian Grant
20. Tyrone Wallace
21. Justin Anderson
22. Sam Dekker
23. Tyus Jones
24. Chris McCullough
25. Cliff Alexander
26. Terry Rozier
28. Bobby Portis
29. Caris Levert
30. Robert Upshaw

He also said picks 5-11 are interchangeable, could go either way depending on team needs. The top 4 are locks.

I'm glad Mudiay is still ranked high. I see him as the flop of this draft. But I want him taken by someone else to give us a greater chance at Towns
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Chad Ford Big Board 2015

1 Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Towns
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Kevin Looney
6. Justice Winslow
7. WCS
8. Myles Turner
9. Kelly Oubre
10. Mario Henzonga
11. Stanley Johnson
12. D'angelo Russell
13. R.J Hunter
14. Jakob Poelt
15. Montrezl Harrell
16. Trey Lyles
17. Frank Kaminsky
18. Delon Wright
19. Jerian Grant
20. Tyrone Wallace
21. Justin Anderson
22. Sam Dekker
23. Tyus Jones
24. Chris McCullough
25. Cliff Alexander
26. Terry Rozier
28. Bobby Portis
29. Caris Levert
30. Robert Upshaw

I'm glad Mudiay is still ranked high. I see him as the flop of this draft. But I want him taken by someone else to give us a greater chance at Towns

watch the tank prevail, only for the lakers front office to take mudiay at two or three or something. i would cry
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
22 wrote:

watch the tank prevail, only for the lakers front office to take mudiay at two or three or something. i would cry

don't even entertain the thought! That's would be all bad.

To their credit thought they draft well when they have top picks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

I'm looking at NBADraft.net and they dropped Karl Towns to #6. Yes, please! But I doubt that.

I also really like Russell out of Ohio State...he can make plays.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

my dumb ass figured towns was like a stubby/short-limbed and soft 7-footer who camped behind the 3pt line and contributed nothing. i am pretty impressed by his rebounding contribution on a team with decent/good rebounders, and his steals and blocks too. he improved his physical shape/condition too and he seems like a smart kid in interviews. if the lakers keep their pick i don;t know if i'd have any issues with taking towns, assuming they don't get the first overall pick and okafor is off the board
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
my dumb ass figured towns was like a stubby/short-limbed and soft 7-footer who camped behind the 3pt line and contributed nothing. i am pretty impressed by his rebounding contribution on a team with decent/good rebounders, and his steals and blocks too. he improved his physical shape/condition too and he seems like a smart kid in interviews. if the lakers keep their pick i don;t know if i'd have any issues with taking towns, assuming they don't get the first overall pick and okafor is off the board

I wouldn't either. Kid has the size, talent, and brain to match
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I like Rozier at the low mid-20s
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
I like Rozier at the low mid-20s

yea. I haven't seen much of him, but some of his highlights are intriguing. I'll def look at all his highlights/draftexpress at the end of the season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Chad Ford Big Board 2015

1 Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Towns
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Kevin Looney
6. Justice Winslow
7. WCS
8. Myles Turner
9. Kelly Oubre
10. Mario Henzonga
11. Stanley Johnson
12. D'angelo Russell
13. R.J Hunter
14. Jakob Poelt
15. Montrezl Harrell
16. Trey Lyles
17. Frank Kaminsky
18. Delon Wright
19. Jerian Grant
20. Tyrone Wallace
21. Justin Anderson
22. Sam Dekker
23. Tyus Jones
24. Chris McCullough
25. Cliff Alexander
26. Terry Rozier
28. Bobby Portis
29. Caris Levert
30. Robert Upshaw

Thats good, it means that Johnson and Levert would be in our range
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Draft express has WCS at #4 right now. I think that is just rediculous and draftexpress is usually pretty close to how the real draft pans out 1-15 anyways. (There are always players that drop or rise but for the most part it's accurate.). WCS should be in the 10-20 range IMO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: