With Houston's 2015 Pick the Lakers Select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

All mocks right now aren't going to be close.

Players are just getting shifted because some are getting hot while others are getting cold.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I'm looking at NBADraft.net and they dropped Karl Towns to #6. Yes, please! But I doubt that.

I also really like Russell out of Ohio State...he can make plays.

I really, really like D'Angelo Russell as well.

If the Lakers came out of the draft with Karl Towns and D'Angelo Russell, I'd be happy.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
I'm looking at NBADraft.net and they dropped Karl Towns to #6. Yes, please! But I doubt that.

I also really like Russell out of Ohio State...he can make plays.

I really, really like D'Angelo Russell as well.

If the Lakers came out of the draft with Karl Towns and D'Angelo Russell, I'd be happy.

Well since both are locks for the lottery, that's impossible. But I'd be super stoked.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Towns is now #1 on my big board. I was down on him earlier because he was so passive offensively and lacked aggression defensively, but he's improved so much. His shot blocking, perimeter shooting, and mobility is why he's above Okafor. He's just a better two way player. He does need to get stronger but I think he'll be able to add 10 pounds of muscle mass to his 6'11 250 lb frame without losing much mobility.

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Johnson
4. Turner
5. Mudiay
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Towns is now #1 on my big board. I was down on him earlier because he was so passive offensively and lacked aggression defensively, but he's improved so much. His shot blocking, perimeter shooting, and mobility is why he's above Okafor. He's just a better two way player. He does need to get stronger but I think he'll be able to add 10 pounds of muscle mass to his 6'11 250 lb frame without losing much mobility.

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Johnson
4. Turner
5. Mudiay

If towns can add enough lower body strength to play center in the NBA look out. He's goin to be a a problem
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Johnson
4. Turner
5. Mudiay

If towns can add enough lower body strength to play center in the NBA look out. He's goin to be a a problem

Quote:
Ed Isaacson ‏@nbadraftblog Jan 10

Karl Towns needs to get a lot tougher. Smaller players move him around too easily

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio Jan 10

I love Karl Towns but he has to get tougher

I don't think it's toughness, his lower body is just weak. Always has been
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
my dumb ass figured towns was like a stubby/short-limbed and soft 7-footer who camped behind the 3pt line and contributed nothing. i am pretty impressed by his rebounding contribution on a team with decent/good rebounders, and his steals and blocks too. he improved his physical shape/condition too and he seems like a smart kid in interviews. if the lakers keep their pick i don;t know if i'd have any issues with taking towns, assuming they don't get the first overall pick and okafor is off the board

I wouldn't either. Kid has the size, talent, and brain to match

he and Julius would be incredible fits together. Two bigs who can grab the board and push. High-low threats. Big to big passing. Both athletic. Smart. Kentucky bond.

They really would be great fits together. I'd still take Okafor overs Towns though.

Why is everyone so down on Mudiay?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
22 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
my dumb ass figured towns was like a stubby/short-limbed and soft 7-footer who camped behind the 3pt line and contributed nothing. i am pretty impressed by his rebounding contribution on a team with decent/good rebounders, and his steals and blocks too. he improved his physical shape/condition too and he seems like a smart kid in interviews. if the lakers keep their pick i don;t know if i'd have any issues with taking towns, assuming they don't get the first overall pick and okafor is off the board

I wouldn't either. Kid has the size, talent, and brain to match

he and Julius would be incredible fits together. Two bigs who can grab the board and push. High-low threats. Big to big passing. Both athletic. Smart. Kentucky bond.

They really would be great fits together. I'd still take Okafor overs Towns though.

Why is everyone so down on Mudiay?

Towns is a GREAT fit for Randle. I would be fine with drafting him, he has solid potential IMO.

People are down on Mudiay because he doesn't use his "great" athleticism in games -- in traffic he finishes completely below the rim, doesn't even try to elevate over people ; scouts say he's had trouble finishing in China. and he doesn't go full speed in transition and use his "great" speed. His jumper is not so good, a work in progress. He just doesn't do anything really special on the court. he's solid - good passer, good slasher. but that's not a top 5 skillset.

Yea his athleticism = potential. But, meh.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

Top 100 prospects

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/

Other then Towns, lately D'Angelo Russell has been really impressive. He's being compared to Brandon Roy/Ginobli but at PG, I can see the similarities.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

Other then Towns, lately D'Angelo Russell has been really impressive. He's being compared to Brandon Roy/Ginobli but at PG, I can see the similarities.

Could he be a top 5 pick? A future backcourt of Russell and Clarkson would be intriguing.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

Could he be a top 5 pick? A future backcourt of Russell and Clarkson would be intriguing.
It's possible if we have the 4th or 5th pick. Russell looks like a player that's going to be scoring in the 20's, he's just an all around great player.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

It's possible if we have the 4th or 5th pick. Russell looks like a player that's going to be scoring in the 20's, he's just an all around great player.

he doesn't translate well enough to the NBA to take top 5. just, hell no. what is his position?
he's not quick enough to be a game changer at PG. and he's too short and has no quickness advantage score a lot on SGs.
You don't take a guy top 5 who doesn't translate well; he's a good college player, but the job in drafting is to think about the next level.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

he doesn't translate well enough to the NBA to take top 5. just, hell no. what is his position?
he's not quick enough to be a game changer at PG. and he's too short and has no quickness advantage score a lot on SGs.
You don't take a guy top 5 who doesn't translate well; he's a good college player, but the job in drafting is to think about the next level.
I'm not saying I would draft him top 3, but he's in the consideration in the top 5. He's a combo guard, but more of a PG. Very skilled with a 6'9 wingspan, a lot of potential.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dangelo-russell
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

I'm not saying I would draft him top 3, but he's in the consideration in the top 5. He's a combo guard, but more of a PG. Very skilled with a 6'9 wingspan, a lot of potential.

I don't see one position where he'll be really good at. Difference between him and CJ McCollum??? not much
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

I don't see one position where he'll be really good at. Difference between him and CJ McCollum??? not much

I actually really really like CJ McCollum. That guy is due for a break out year.

Worst case, Jamal Crawford, but he has better court awareness and IQ. He's like a SG version of Damian Lillard.

I don't see CJ McCollum in D'Angelo Russell. I see a straight-line driving version of Brandon Roy. He's unselfish, has a surprising vert., and can hit from the perimeter. He makes excellent PG-reads in the halfcourt set. He gets shaky running pick and rolls.

His size may be in question. 6'5" in shoes can mean 6'3.5" with a 6'8.5" wingspan. That's Russell Westbrook size.

He's a very good athlete, but doesn't have the burst of explosion that Brandon Roy or Westbrook have. I also have question marks about his weight. Average frame.

He can't comfortably run the point guard position. He's too TO prone with basic pick and roll sets. Although he's A:TO ratio is great, the fact that he hovers at a 20% Turnover rate just with PnRs is a huge red flag.

Otherwise, he shot up the draft board because he's one of the VERY VERY few triple threat guards in this draft. Looking at the first round alone, it's Jerian Grant, Tyrone Wallace, Tyus Jones, Caris Levert, and D'Angelo Russell with legit triple threat skills.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Top 100 prospects

I actually really really like CJ McCollum. That guy is due for a break out year.

Worst case, Jamal Crawford, but he has better court awareness and IQ. He's like a SG version of Damian Lillard.

I don't see CJ McCollum in D'Angelo Russell. I see a straight-line driving version of Brandon Roy. He's unselfish, has a surprising vert., and can hit from the perimeter. He makes excellent PG-reads in the halfcourt set. He gets shaky running pick and rolls.

His size may be in question. 6'5" in shoes can mean 6'3.5" with a 6'8.5" wingspan. That's Russell Westbrook size.

He's a very good athlete, but doesn't have the burst of explosion that Brandon Roy or Westbrook have. I also have question marks about his weight. Average frame.

He can't comfortably run the point guard position. He's too TO prone with basic pick and roll sets. Although he's A:TO ratio is great, the fact that he hovers at a 20% Turnover rate just with PnRs is a huge red flag.

Otherwise, he shot up the draft board because he's one of the VERY VERY few triple threat guards in this draft. Looking at the first round alone, it's Jerian Grant, Tyrone Wallace, Tyus Jones, Caris Levert, and D'Angelo Russell with legit triple threat skills.

We can just defer to U on this one U have a lot of insight here; and just from quick glances I agree. I haven't seen too much of either Russell or McCollum. I also see that - Russell is not a true 6'5.
my biggest problem with his game is that he has no burst or quickness. So he'll get eaten up by PG defenders and he has no advantage vs. SGs..
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We can just defer to U on this one U have a lot of insight here; and just from quick glances I agree. I haven't seen too much of either Russell or McCollum. I also see that - Russell is not a true 6'5.
my biggest problem with his game is that he has no burst or quickness. So he'll get eaten up by PG defenders and he has no advantage vs. SGs..

This is why I'm higher on Levert than all of the mock drafts. Levert is a legit 6'5"+, quicker, faster, longer wingspan, and now the #1 option. He's being frowned upon because he's a junior, even if he's just 6 months older than Andrew Wiggins.

Russell also flew up the draft chart because he got hot from three-point land recently, he's a freshman, and his play is putting up the numbers. His three-point percentage should still be above 40% at the end of the year, but 46% is an insane rate.

CJ McCollum highlights.

That's barely a glimpse of his isolation shot creating skills out of Lehigh.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

This is why I'm higher on Levert than all of the mock drafts. Levert is a legit 6'5"+, quicker, faster, longer wingspan, and now the #1 option. He's being frowned upon because he's a junior, even if he's just 6 months older than Andrew Wiggins.

Russell also flew up the draft chart because he got hot from three-point land recently, he's a freshman, and his play is putting up the numbers. His three-point percentage should still be above 40% at the end of the year, but 46% is an insane rate.

CJ McCollum highlights.

That's barely a glimpse of his isolation shot creating skills out of Lehigh.

Ya McCollum definetely has more shake and a more refined handle than Russell. I saw CJ shake Jamal Crawford out of his hoes last night too; from the setup move to a super quick crossover with shake.

Levert is underrated, yup. He's quick, and has the handle to boot - at SG that's a deadly combo; plus solid size. He blew by Stanley Johnson and you could see the elite quickness. Plus he's distributing the ball, and shooting 40% from 3. uh oh. he could be really good. one of the rare wing prospects these days that will for sure be ball dominant and be able to create off the dribble at will; for sure his game will translate early IMO. that's rare.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Let someone else take Russell. I want Okafor, Levert, Tyrone Wallace, Jerian Grant. Personal favorites.

lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

tyus jones having a game vs some elite competition. 8 AST : 0 TO. maybe his (bleep) games dropped his stock enough where he might fall to the houston pick (if he declares)

edit: as i was typing this he got his first TO but still, lol
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

D Russell is in the top 5
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I think D'Angelo Russell is going to be a star, perfect combo guard for the NBA. Scouts said similar things about Curry entering the draft, he has good enough speed and athleticism for the next level. Russell is a legit 6'5 PG, great shooter, passer, and he's a solid defender as well with his 6'9 wingspan. Has all the skills to be a 20+ ppg 8apg PG in the league. Towns, Okafor, Stanley are my top 3 but Russell has moved up into my top 5.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/Ojr5rwWAli3

tryna be ginobili out here
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I think D'Angelo Russell is going to be a star, perfect combo guard for the NBA. Scouts said similar things about Curry entering the draft, he has good enough speed and athleticism for the next level. Russell is a legit 6'5 PG, great shooter, passer, and he's a solid defender as well with his 6'9 wingspan. Has all the skills to be a 20+ ppg 8apg PG in the league. Towns, Okafor, Stanley are my top 3 but Russell has moved up into my top 5.

I love Russell but I'm concerned about his athleticism translating. I'm not sure I would take him in the top 5.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Caris LeVert will likely be available now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: