With Houston's 2015 Pick the Lakers Select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 10103

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject:

I don't think Grant will last to the Houston pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3958

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject:

Players like grant drop every year because he's a older player and a combo guard. Same reasons clarkson dropped last year. Too many question marks to go higher IMO. Can he excell at pf on the next level or is he a sg. Is he just beating up on teenagers or can he do this against grown men. So many "big" PGs turn into wings at the next level and thier value drops because of it. Lots of combo guard fall because of it. Personally I would love to have him but I'd rather he goes higher and Dunn drops. I'm also pretty big on Payton but he will be there in the second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

Malik Pope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1347

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Malik Pope



This.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 15625
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Malik Pope



This.


Why

Look at his stats: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/malik-pope-1.html

40% from 3 is nice. But 4 shot attempts a game? 14 minutes per game?
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 15625
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Justin Anderson please!

https://youtu.be/hT2eBP7pPTk
https://youtu.be/SDkCQBQtnDc
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/justin-anderson-1.html
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Man, jones plays like a man whose lived before. It's like he just gets it. I would love to have him on the lakers. If he's our only draft pick this season I would be happy. Levert is nice also


I agree...I'm a Duke hater to the third degree...But Jones has that "it" factor...Poised, never afraid of the moment
_________________
True Laker fan from the state of Michigan! You know you're a true fan when physical altercations take place involving your team in discussions...Yeah man...True fanimal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2002
Posts: 3100
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Houston pick. Since Mitch took over from Jerry West, these are the picks he's made in the same general range:

2000: Mark Madsen (29)
2002: Chris Jeffries (27)
2003: Brian Cook (24)
2004: Sasha Vujacic (27)
2006: Jordan Farmar (26)
2009: Toney Douglas (29)

That's the level of player I'm expecting the Lakers to give a guaranteed contract.
_________________
Nerd rock in progress.
http://briangraymusic.com/?toptab=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55798
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Houston pick. Since Mitch took over from Jerry West, these are the picks he's made in the same general range:

2000: Mark Madsen (29)
2002: Chris Jeffries (27)
2003: Brian Cook (24)
2004: Sasha Vujacic (27)
2006: Jordan Farmar (26)
2009: Toney Douglas (29)

That's the level of player I'm expecting the Lakers to give a guaranteed contract.


That's what happens when you draft for need, not BPA.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Irie
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

I don't expect a late 1st round to get ample minutes maybe 15 tops. I'd like Rondae Hollis as a defensive guy. Also Justin Anderson who use to play good defense until relied on to score. If we get a SF that cam defend, it will help our bench enormously. SF is the strongest position in general in this Era of the NBA. We need someone to defend it not named Wesley Johnson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1887

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject:

If we get to keep our lotto pick and it's Towns, I'd take Caris Levert with the 27th pick.

If we get D'angelo Russell from the lotto, I'd take Rondae Hollis Jefferson with Houston's pick.

If we get Winslow, I'd take Caris Levert... and probably Upshaw for the 2nd rounder (let's make a gamble).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 79720

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

At 27:

DX: RJ Hunter
NBAdraft.net: RJ Hunter
Chad Ford big board at 27: Delon Wright
Chris Mannix SI.com: Justin Anderson
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15358

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Players like grant drop every year because he's a older player and a combo guard. Same reasons clarkson dropped last year. Too many question marks to go higher IMO. Can he excell at pf on the next level or is he a sg. Is he just beating up on teenagers or can he do this against grown men. So many "big" PGs turn into wings at the next level and thier value drops because of it. Lots of combo guard fall because of it. Personally I would love to have him but I'd rather he goes higher and Dunn drops. I'm also pretty big on Payton but he will be there in the second.


As far as I recall, Clarkson didn't really "drop" per se, he was someone who was projected late first to second round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1887

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Players like grant drop every year because he's a older player and a combo guard. Same reasons clarkson dropped last year. Too many question marks to go higher IMO. Can he excell at pf on the next level or is he a sg. Is he just beating up on teenagers or can he do this against grown men. So many "big" PGs turn into wings at the next level and thier value drops because of it. Lots of combo guard fall because of it. Personally I would love to have him but I'd rather he goes higher and Dunn drops. I'm also pretty big on Payton but he will be there in the second.


As far as I recall, Clarkson didn't really "drop" per se, he was someone who was projected late first to second round.


going from late first rounder to second rounder... to the 46th pick is dropping. After he impressed in a 28 (or something like that) point game against Julius and his Kentucky team, JC's stock blew up. That day, though, was when he found out his dad had cancer and he was never the same again for the rest of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1737

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

(comment deleted)

Last edited by Vic5150 on Sat May 02, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3958

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Levert and poelte are out. That's going to hurt the quality of player we can get at 27. Maybe Mitch can combine the 27th and early second to move up to 20 so we can grab Hollis-Jefferson.

Here's another idea.

Package the 27th with hill or young along with the second rounder to move into the late teens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15358

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Players like grant drop every year because he's a older player and a combo guard. Same reasons clarkson dropped last year. Too many question marks to go higher IMO. Can he excell at pf on the next level or is he a sg. Is he just beating up on teenagers or can he do this against grown men. So many "big" PGs turn into wings at the next level and thier value drops because of it. Lots of combo guard fall because of it. Personally I would love to have him but I'd rather he goes higher and Dunn drops. I'm also pretty big on Payton but he will be there in the second.


As far as I recall, Clarkson didn't really "drop" per se, he was someone who was projected late first to second round.


going from late first rounder to second rounder... to the 46th pick is dropping. After he impressed in a 28 (or something like that) point game against Julius and his Kentucky team, JC's stock blew up. That day, though, was when he found out his dad had cancer and he was never the same again for the rest of the year.


That type of "dropping" is commonplace, there's a lot of fluidity in that range, there are no certainties at all when your high range is late first. It doesn't have to mean anything, it can just be the unpredictability of the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
g3rb3r
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 1577
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I really wish we could somehow get Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in combination with our top-5 pick. If that happens I really see both players contributing heavily next season.
_________________
My Anime List
NanashiWake Fiction
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14618

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

I'm in the Justin Anderson boat with Kikanga
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

R.J Hunter would be a good pick
_________________
True Laker fan from the state of Michigan! You know you're a true fan when physical altercations take place involving your team in discussions...Yeah man...True fanimal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4296
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I'm in the Justin Anderson boat with Kikanga


I'm in agreement w/ you guys.

Great athleticism, solid frame, can guard multiple positions;
compares well to a Michael Cooper for this generation of Lakers basketball sans the ability to put the ball on the floor.
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14618

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
22 wrote:
I'm in the Justin Anderson boat with Kikanga


I'm in agreement w/ you guys.

Great athleticism, solid frame, can guard multiple positions;
compares well to a Michael Cooper for this generation of Lakers basketball sans the ability to put the ball on the floor.


yessir!
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25381

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

too bad Anderson's stock has skyrocketed pretty much. he has a defined role so he's a safe pick even before 20. i think he goes like 18-22 range
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1since71
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jun 2002
Posts: 2659
Location: the sfv

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I take Robert Upshaw here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4296
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

USA Today has us taking UNLV's Rashad Vaughn:

DraftExpress

BallisLife

FarewellUNLV
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB