Larry Sanders recently told some Bucks officials that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Larry Sanders recently told some Bucks officials that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.

Quote:
@GeryWoelfel
Sources tell me that Bucks center Larry Sanders recently told some Bucks officials that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.

Quote:
@GeryWoelfel
Sanders, 26, is in the first year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension. He hasn't played in the last six games.

Quote:
@GeryWoelfel
Bucks coach Jason Kidd had originally said Sanders had the flu. However, Friday he said Sanders' absence was because of "personal reasons.''

Quote:
@GeryWoelfel
Some friends of Sanders told me last summer they were concerned Sanders wasn't committed to basketball and wanted to explore other options.

Quote:
@GeryWoelfel
It's hardly a secret Bucks have been trying to trade Sanders.Asked f the Bucks could trade Sanders now, an NBA official said: "Good luck.''
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

lol, wow, thats incredible.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow

Pau Gasol is nice
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Damn, that's unfortunate. He's a talented player too.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Guy needs to grow up.

He doesn't have to "play" basketball anymore. But he does need to "work" if he doesn't want to play.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Weren't there a bunch of people here who wanted to trade Randle for Sanders and another player?

He should move to Colorado and start a weed farm.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

He hasn't really developed much since his breakout year. He holds back the Bucks more than he helps, even with his defensive ability.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so he doesn't want to play basketball....Does he still want to cash those checks though? Is he willing to forfeit the rest of his contract?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I think most people don't want to do their daily jobs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Hmm.... I wonder what the bucks would give up to get out of his contract....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

If I were part of the Players' Union, I'd send some thugs over to Sanders house to convince him to honor his responsibilities and play out his contract. Otherwise, he'd make for a good poster child for owners to wave in front of the public denouncing guaranteed contracts. At least injury situations are out of the players' control and insurance covers most of the cost, this is just pure selfishness.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I think most people don't want to do their daily jobs.
And those who truly are unhappy look for new paths to travel - which is a very healthy idea. Happens all the time.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
If I were part of the Players' Union, I'd send some thugs over to Sanders house to convince him to honor his responsibilities and play out his contract. Otherwise, he'd make for a good poster child for owners to wave in front of the public denouncing guaranteed contracts. At least injury situations are out of the players' control and insurance covers most of the cost, this is just pure selfishness.

Someone who is truly unmotivated and unhappy playing in the NBA (or doing any job for that matter) is really under no obligation to suck it up and tough it out to satisfy a union. Nor should anyone want a player in the league who is just doing that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Someone who is truly unmotivated and unhappy playing in the NBA (or doing any job for that matter) is really under no obligation to suck it up and tough it out to satisfy a union. Nor should anyone want a player in the league who is just doing that.

True, but if I had family leaning on me, I'd suck it up at least for a few years. World is your oyster when you have a bank account that big. He'll barely be 30 by the time he finishes this contract out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

True, but if I had family leaning on me, I'd suck it up at least for a few years. World is your oyster when you have a bank account that big. He'll barely be 30 by the time he finishes this contract out.

Money doesn't necessarily buy security, and we all know the saying about happiness. If someone is truly willing to walk away from that money for their mental well being. Life is too short to trudge through years of your life unhappy and locked into something that brings you no joy - no matter what age you are.

Anyway, any decision on whether to do so or not needs to come from his sense of personal obligation - not a commitment to a Players Union that would just as quickly abandon him if it suited them.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Money doesn't necessarily buy security, and we all know the saying about happiness. If someone is truly willing to walk away from that money for their mental well being. Life is too short to trudge through years of your life unhappy and locked into something that brings you no joy - no matter what age you are.

Anyway, any decision on whether to do so or not needs to come from his sense of personal obligation - not a commitment to a Players Union that would just as quickly abandon him if it suited them.

No doubt.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

No doubt.

does the union have a history of doing stuff like that?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

No doubt.

I'm pro-union. I'm in a union, and they do a lot of good for their members. But at the end of the day, a Union is more about the Union itself than what's best for an individual member.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

No doubt.

Not particularly but it doesn't change the truth of DMR's post. When it comes to career moves, you do it for yourself/family first and foremost. That's the only obligation that matters.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

How hard is it to just not try until you're benched? Seriously. He needs to learn from Andrew Bynum.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How hard is it to just not try until you're benched? Seriously. He needs to learn from Andrew Bynum.

Sad to hear . Wonder what Bynum is doing nowadays..
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if he's eligible for a buyout. Of course he would really have to think hard about this. If he is truly unhappy then of course he should hang it up. But know that you are replaceable and there are plenty of hungry basketball players willing to take your place in the NBA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Ok, so he doesn't want to play basketball....Does he still want to cash those checks though? Is he willing to forfeit the rest of his contract?

It is one or the other. He either plays or he doesn't get paid.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Kidd just said he's coming back shortly, so I wouldn't put too much stock in this "source."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I don't think that's the point.

No one would care if he retired because he wanted to practice yoga in Tibet or whatever. We'd be shocked but it wouldn't affect anyone else if he retired and sacrificed the $44 million he's due.

The concern is that he whines, complains, plays poorly, says he doesn't want to play, but continues to cash the big checks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: