Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Both like the PnR too.

And both probably would be the 13th men off the bench on a contending team...
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
Both like the PnR too.

I'm going to tell you a very little known secret.

There aren't 13 people on the bench. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.
Bruhhh24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
Kobe didn't contest a 3.
Lin over-helped the bigs, which he didn't do that in HOU.

The Lakers bigs isn't great at defense, particularly PnR

Because the bigs back in HOU (Asik during his stint, Dwight) are both elite defensive centers. They can handle their own (bleep) in the paint.

Our centers (Hill) is soft and Ed is undersized who should really be more of a PF than a center imo.

I honestly don't care for the PG situation right now, although yes it does need an upgrade because right now we have 2 back up PGs, but they do alright. What we need to get is a fricken center.

Last edited by Bruhhh24 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

So, here are my frustrations.

No Randle. This kid may be special and he's out the whole year.

With that said, Kobe is transitioning to a different game. He's calling it an old-man's game but he's a different Kobe. That's OK, he'll have tough nights but he'll bounce back and have strong nights. The previous game he was excellent, this game he struggled. I like Boozer except for the push fouls. But, I'd like to see the more athletic guys play together more. Wes is athletic but he isn't showing it enough and now he's injured. Clarkson looks really athletic, so I'd like to see him get a steady 8-10 minutes a game and develop his game and some chemistry with guys. Black looks like he has some athleticism and power. Ed has good athleticism but he's in the slow starting lineup. Ellington is a nice player.

I'd like to see more of the athletic guys get burn together. Lin, Clarkson, E.D., let's see what Black has, Kelly who is really rusty, Ellington and mix Wes in there sometimes. I think there are combinations there that could cause match-up problems for many teams and since the team is going nowhere it would be nice to try them. Byron seems too conservative with his lineups and puts in slower, more conservative schemes for the players.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Bruhhh24 wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Kobe didn't contest a 3.

Because the bigs back in HOU (Asik during his stint, Dwight) are both elite defensive centers. They can handle their own (bleep) in the paint.

Our centers (Hill) is soft and Ed is undersized who should really be more of a PF than a center imo.

Asik has hands of stone, but would still be a welcome addition to this roster.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
Both like the PnR too.

Why do you say this? Lin was 6th man off of the bench for the Rockets, or 7th maybe at times. I don't know much about Black.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

this game is one of those games that all things went to the opponent's way...
just have to forget about it and move on to the next one...

The defense was atrocious...
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
Both like the PnR too.

Why do you say this? Lin was 6th man off of the bench for the Rockets, or 7th maybe at times. I don't know much about Black.

LOL at KOBEE 2.0 why even respond to his nonsense?
Bruhhh24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Bruhhh24 wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Kobe didn't contest a 3.

I'd gladly take butterfingers over any 'center' on this roster right now. He plays D like a boss, gets you rebounds, and doesn't mind running the PnR.

Also I was making rhetoric on what he said about Lin overhelping the centers here, but not doing so back in HOU. Our centers suck. I've watched all but one game this season and yeah, seeing the opposing guards penetrate with little to no resistance from our bigs is really frustrating.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
Both like the PnR too.

Kobee2.0 tends to be a bit extreme in his opinions. Sort of a bi-polar posting style.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

These post-game interviews and associated commentary are the limit. They beat GSW and nearly beat Portland without KOBE but not having Price and Wes was a massive difference maker in this game??? Please. PLEASE.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I am a laker fan and love supporting the players... Am hoping we see some exciting ball in the next 40+ games with the playoffs scenario basically over.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Bruhhh24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Bruhhh24 wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Kobe didn't contest a 3.

I'd gladly take butterfingers over any 'center' on this roster right now. He plays D like a boss, gets you rebounds, and doesn't mind running the PnR.

Also I was making rhetoric on what he said about Lin overhelping the centers here, but not doing so back in HOU. Our centers suck. I've watched all but one game this season and yeah, seeing the opposing guards penetrate with little to no resistance from our bigs is really frustrating.

seriously, Lin's d was no better either tonight... his d is soft at the point of attack, got to be more aggressive, it is the start of the chain...
and I am a Lin fan...
Quartz888
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Quartz888 wrote:
Looks like an instant connection between Black and Lin.

They both have something in common. Both undrafted players in the NBA.

Both are religious and played for the rockets.

Both like the PnR too.

i like what I saw. I hope Byron will play him over Sacre. i think Black is a great fit.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Honestly I am a laker fan and love supporting the players... Am hoping we see some exciting ball in the next 40+ games with the playoffs scenario basically over.

We know you didn't mean it. Frustrating game to watch.
Dr. Jez
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
seriously, Lin's d was no better either tonight... his d is soft at the point of attack, got to be more aggressive, it is the start of the chain...
and I am a Lin fan...

The Clippers PnR game is pretty hard to defend and would make most PGs look stupid if their own bigs can't defend it.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

The Clippers PnR game is pretty hard to defend and would make most PGs look stupid if their own bigs can't defend it.

Doc is a great coach. I don't know who is doing X's and Os, and of course they have the best pure PG in the game today, with Rondo being #2 perhaps, but still, the X's and Os are strong. They have the shot blocker finisher, the athletic 4, the gunners from the perimeter, a complete PG. Their bench is rag-tag but Crawford is a maybe better Young. Lakers don't have the personnel and the coach isn't in the same class as the Clips.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

"I love supporting the players!"

"I can't wait until all these guys are gone!"
Bruhhh24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

Doc is a great coach. I don't know who is doing X's and Os, and of course they have the best pure PG in the game today, with Rondo being #2 perhaps, but still, the X's and Os are strong. They have the shot blocker finisher, the athletic 4, the gunners from the perimeter, a complete PG. Their bench is rag-tag but Crawford is a maybe better Young. Lakers don't have the personnel and the coach isn't in the same class as the Clips.

Crawford is better.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

On the Clippers feed, Lawrence Frank was doing a lot of diagramming on the initial huddle with the players. Wish we had picked him up for a reunion with Byron, but I guess their history may have made it a bit difficult.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Clippers just did everything right tonight, exploiting our lack of a true center, getting steals by intercepting our passing lanes, blocking shots....pretty much what happens why you have much better athletically dominant team.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Swagg P is in a slump because his gf and him got leaked .
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I can't wait til they beat Orlando on Friday and you make a thread predicting that they're going to make a big trade to make a playoff push
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I was at the game today, and man oh man was i disappointed. Lakers looked like they were checked out from the start. Glad to see so many Laker fans at Staples but that was a horrible game to go to.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

Seriously, I see a lot of people criticize Lin for his defense, but can't really point out what he could have done better. He tries to go over the screen and gets pick off, he goes under and they shoot a 3. Defend more aggressively before the PnR and he gets called for breathing on CP3. Goes to help the big with interior defense and gets blamed for helping too much. Don't help and gets blamed for not helping. Switch Lin with a "better defender", and what could they have done better under the same situation? The bigs are not really able to help with the PnR and the opposing team scores a bunch off of that. BS has been talking about defense a lot but I have not seen any improvements at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35
Jump to: