++++ Lakers@ Clippers ++++ 1/7/15 7:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
Lakers interior defense is (bleep). I don't know why the guards keep on helping the bigs.

That is why the guards had to collapse to help, leaving the 3 pt line open.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
seriously, Lin's d was no better either tonight... his d is soft at the point of attack, got to be more aggressive, it is the start of the chain...
and I am a Lin fan...

The Clippers PnR game is pretty hard to defend and would make most PGs look stupid if their own bigs can't defend it.

Doc is a great coach. I don't know who is doing X's and Os, and of course they have the best pure PG in the game today, with Rondo being #2 perhaps, but still, the X's and Os are strong. They have the shot blocker finisher, the athletic 4, the gunners from the perimeter, a complete PG. Their bench is rag-tag but Crawford is a maybe better Young. Lakers don't have the personnel and the coach isn't in the same class as the Clips.

Seriously, I see a lot of people criticize Lin for his defense, but can't really point out what he could have done better. He tries to go over the screen and gets pick off, he goes under and they shoot a 3. Defend more aggressively before the PnR and he gets called for breathing on CP3. Goes to help the big with interior defense and gets blamed for helping too much. Don't help and gets blamed for not helping. Switch Lin with a "better defender", and what could they have done better under the same situation? The bigs are not really able to help with the PnR and the opposing team scores a bunch off of that. BS has been talking about defense a lot but I have not seen any improvements at all.

not saying Ronnie could do better on CP3, but Lin almost never body up on opposing guards, he give opposing guards way more comfortable space...and when he got screened one by one, it has been late, it is very hard to fight over those screens... he got to do something a little early and position himself better early...
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
Lakers interior defense is (bleep). I don't know why the guards keep on helping the bigs.

That is why the guards had to collapse to help, leaving the 3 pt line open.

the bigs are equally pissed too if they have to help their guards on every play...it is two way road...
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
seriously, Lin's d was no better either tonight... his d is soft at the point of attack, got to be more aggressive, it is the start of the chain...
and I am a Lin fan...

The Clippers PnR game is pretty hard to defend and would make most PGs look stupid if their own bigs can't defend it.

Doc is a great coach. I don't know who is doing X's and Os, and of course they have the best pure PG in the game today, with Rondo being #2 perhaps, but still, the X's and Os are strong. They have the shot blocker finisher, the athletic 4, the gunners from the perimeter, a complete PG. Their bench is rag-tag but Crawford is a maybe better Young. Lakers don't have the personnel and the coach isn't in the same class as the Clips.

Seriously, I see a lot of people criticize Lin for his defense, but can't really point out what he could have done better. He tries to go over the screen and gets pick off, he goes under and they shoot a 3. Defend more aggressively before the PnR and he gets called for breathing on CP3. Goes to help the big with interior defense and gets blamed for helping too much. Don't help and gets blamed for not helping. Switch Lin with a "better defender", and what could they have done better under the same situation? The bigs are not really able to help with the PnR and the opposing team scores a bunch off of that. BS has been talking about defense a lot but I have not seen any improvements at all.

one person told me on this forum that PnR is a team effort since it is hard to defend. sadly, i didn't see any tonight nor BS did anything to adjust.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

not saying Ronnie could do better on CP3, but Lin almost never body up on opposing guards, he give opposing guards way more comfortable space...and when he got screened one by one, it has been late, it is very hard to fight over those screens... he got to do something a little early and position himself better early...

He was already getting into the foul trouble by his way to stop the transition buckets. He would be foul-out every game if he had actually tried to body up on someone.
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

Ya I forget when but later on in the game he started doing just that basically getting on corner of the screen if you will which let him either more easily go over the screen or chase the guard if he wanted to drive into the lane. It didn't always work though and he needs to position himself faster.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

He was already getting into the foul trouble by his way to stop the transition buckets. He would be foul-out every game if he had actually tried to body up on someone.

not only this game, just the overall impression...
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject:

I say missing Wesley hurt more than missing price... matt barns scoring 19 points in 30 mins is ridiculous...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
I say missing Wesley hurt more than missing price... matt barns scoring 19 points in 30 mins is ridiculous...

They would have put Wes on the bigger offensive threat in Redick anyway, and Matt still would have shot open 3s off of Kobe's one man zone defense.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

WE GOT STRAIGHT SPANKED.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
WE GOT STRAIGHT SPANKED.

That pretty much summed it up.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

agree. this is the biggest issue i have with lin's D. don't know if it's because he believes he'll get a lot of bogus call or what, but with his size, he could make life really difficult for a lot of these smaller guards.

yeah, the bigs suck at helping on pnr, but he could do more when he isn't trying to defend a pnr, but just man to man D.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

agree. this is the biggest issue i have with lin's D. don't know if it's because he believes he'll get a lot of bogus call or what, but with his size, he could make life really difficult for a lot of these smaller guards.

yeah, the bigs suck at helping on pnr, but he could do more when he isn't trying to defend a pnr, but just man to man D.

One on one, Lin is an adequate defender. He may have some trouble with smaller speedy guards like IT that can blow by him but he is usually ok with guards that are similar in size or a bit bigger. The problems is usually PnR where he gets screened off and there is no help to allow him time to recover. I would think this is like bball defense 101 and everyone should know how to guard it since it is so common. Anyways, I always see him putting more effort than most on the team and not really get credit for it.

Maybe someone can review team defense with Price to see why he is considered a better defender. From the games in real time, it doesn't look like Price is guarding any differently other than playing the passing lane more to gamble for steals.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
tirebiter wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
LIN17 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Dr. Jez wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
and I am a Lin fan...

One on one, Lin is an adequate defender. He may have some trouble with smaller speedy guards like IT that can blow by him but he is usually ok with guards that are similar in size or a bit bigger. The problems is usually PnR where he gets screened off and there is no help to allow him time to recover. I would think this is like bball defense 101 and everyone should know how to guard it since it is so common. Anyways, I always see him putting more effort than most on the team and not really get credit for it.

Maybe someone can review team defense with Price to see why he is considered a better defender. From the games in real time, it doesn't look like Price is guarding any differently other than playing the passing lane more to gamble for steals.

historically, players have low percentages when trying to score against lin. his height gives him an advantage when contesting shots of other guards. i think on paper and in stats, his defensive numbers are pretty similar, if not better, than other guards.

but both mchale and scott want him to play a different style of D. they want him to do things that don't show up on paper. but for some reason, either he doesn't want to play that way, or can't. don't know.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

So let me get this straight. Ronnie doesn't play and BS gives up. Kobe gives up. The entire Lakers team becomes 'soft' and all a bunch of garbage and losers.

So Ronnie 'sets the tone' and if you don't have him, you can't coach? IF you don't have Ronnie on the floor Kobe, you can't perform. Can't shoot, pass, dribble....

Man, they need to give Ronnie the 60 Mil contract.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
So let me get this straight. Ronnie doesn't play and BS gives up. Kobe gives up. The entire Lakers team becomes 'soft' and all a bunch of garbage and losers.

So Ronnie 'sets the tone' and if you don't have him, you can't coach? IF you don't have Ronnie on the floor Kobe, you can't perform. Can't shoot, pass, dribble....

So do you copy and paste the same message and spam every thread?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:

So do you copy and paste the same message and spam every thread?

You should help me. Let's get Ronnie the big contract he deserves. Man he's MVP for real. His coach can't do without him and Mamba can't do without him and the Lakers are lame ducks without him. RONNIE MVP!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35
Jump to: