Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
Ronnie Price played 33 min., if that ain't tanking I don't know what is

Exactly, anybody who watched the game knows he stunk it up big time, ill advised shots and shot selection, poor D, yet the worse scrub on the team ends up with the most minutes and is s starter?? thanks BS

He had what 9, 10 assists? He played well. Nobody's stopping Lillard. I don't even think LeBron can.

12 assists for Price according to the Yahoo box score. 2 for 7 shooting and 8 pts.

3 assists for Lin, 3 for 9 shooting and 9 pts.

Didn't see the game but doubt either one of them was able to stop Lillard.

No one can stop Lillard in this league... it needs team defense...

NO BIGs no defense...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Our head of the snake got his own chopped off tonight. Only shots Lillard missed against him seemed to be layups he biffed or Ed Davis/Tarik Black challenged heavily. Price actually did okay, but it was funny Scott acting like he would make any difference against Lillard when he's on a roll.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
STOP complimenting Lillard so much. I don't care if he's good, he's the enemy.

i still think he is overrated, waiting for his bad stretch after All Start Weekend..

There were some nights in the playoffs last here in which the Rockets stopped Liillard and the Spurs shut them down. It takes a good PG and team D.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Exactly, anybody who watched the game knows he stunk it up big time, ill advised shots and shot selection, poor D, yet the worse scrub on the team ends up with the most minutes and is s starter?? thanks BS

He had what 9, 10 assists? He played well. Nobody's stopping Lillard. I don't even think LeBron can.

12 assists for Price according to the Yahoo box score. 2 for 7 shooting and 8 pts.

Yea I'm not gonna lie thought lin played ok, unbelievable that he only had 16 minutes. But Ronnies really gotta work on his D, lillard was torching this guy from straight isolation no screens called... The bigs (hill and boozer) were hitting J's and that contributed about 10 or so assists to Price but he did have one nice pass inside to wes Johnson. I thought he ran the offense fairly well overall not gonna get hung up on the poor shot selection late and forced turnovers.
Honesty I'm just surprised BS went with him to finish with no Kobe in the game. I mean where is our offense going to come from?? But I guess it was a good learning experience for BS seeing how the addition of "the head of the snake" helped secure the win lol. Also I don't like putting Price on their better players because I think defense is probably his greatest weakness ironically :/

Price had already done his best...that's all he can offer...He is not 22... he is 32. He just needs to stick with that.

Last edited by Lorenzomax on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
We got out scouted and out coached. We didn't have an answer to Lilliard other than put our hopes on Price. No plan, no set defense solution against Lilliard. What type of coaching is that?

In playoffs last year, Lillard had tremendous success against Patrick Beverley and Rockets. Once he beat Beverley, he would attack right at rim at full speed, and could either shoot himself, or pass and create alot of havoc against Rockets defense.

When he faced Spurs in second round, though, even though he could blow by Tony Parker at will, Lillard always had to pull up and almost looked confused at what he was seeing.

I remember Spurs always had two bigs about mid way up each side of the paint, and I don't know how they were covering shooters behind three point line, but the drives to basket Lillard got against Rockets weren't there against Spurs.

Tarik Black and Ed Davis protecting rim in same configuration as Spurs did in playoffs last year?

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
At least price brought lots of energy.

Yes, and he contributed 12 assists as well.

How assist was Kendal Marshall making last year? Is he still a Laker?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

TQM wrote:
Bruhhh24 wrote:
price should stick to penetrating the lanes. His outside shots are garbage. What is he like 20ish % from 3? Lol

Also you guys need to chill out. Price is still a decent defender, I mean it's lillard for god sakes. You guys just come out of the woodwork to (bleep) on price and try to make Lin look good smh

No need to get personal with other posters. "Out of the woodwork" as in roaches? Someone else referred to posters as cheap manufactured products. What is the deal? We are not all one race, but we are all humans.

Don't worry about him, he's not supporting Price, he just hates Lin and Lin supporters. Don't think he watched the game either.

Price good offense tonight. As for being the savior against Lilliard. He definately performed poorer than Lin.

BS? absolutely no coaching from this coach. Didn't see any. It looks like they broke the bank with Kobe and Nash and couldn't hire any SCOUTS.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Just looking at box scores is the worst way to judge a game. Price made a couple of nice assists but many were easy tosses to boozer and hill. Not much penetration.

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that/

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made?

Last edited by SweetP on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Just looking at box scores is the worst way to judge a game. Price made a couple of nice assists but many were easy tosses to boozer and hill. Not much penetration.

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that?

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made.

Similar
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Dwight+Harden wrote:

Yeah. That's a problem.

I like Price's effort, but 33 min for him is kind of ridiculous.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I think Price just plays more and shoot less so he gets more assists while running the system.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that?

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made.

Yes i do look at it. The easy assists mean nothing to me. That's why I watch the game to make judgements.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

You need good team D against lillard. And you need guys that can cover ground to slow him down. Price styed too close to Lillard who blew by him at will and bigs failed to provide support. I also thought Davis' play has slacked off a bit since being promoted. Hill and Boozer are not rim rotectors, but can't play Davis late due to his free throws. Hopefully Black can conyinue his strong play. But the Lakers did not have enoigh offense in the end. At least i thelast game, it came down to the wire. This one was blown open halfway through the fourth.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

29 ast from the Lakers tonight. They played good team ball but they are just lack of 3 pts shooter.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Lin didn't get to see much of the pine tonight to make a real difference. Price had 33 mins - again some nice offense from him, but the first team got owned.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Boozer played well offensively again (13 pts, 9 rbs, 3 assists & only 1 push-off) .
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

Wasn't Lillard the guy who was involved in the collision that broke Nash's leg?
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Again, I don't think anyone is hating on Price. I don't think anyone has high expectation on him except BScott.

However, I seriously question BScott's strategy. He played Price the most minutes. Lin played under 19 minutes and was taken out with about 6 minutes to go, right after he drove and made a layup. Was BScott playing not-to-lose rather than playing to win?
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that/

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made?

Young bricked several Lin's assists.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Again, I don't think anyone is hating on Price. I don't think anyone has high expectation on him except BScott.

However, I seriously question BScott's strategy. He played Price the most minutes. Lin played under 19 minutes and was taken out with about 6 minutes to go, right after he drove and made a layup. Was BScott playing not-to-lose rather than playing to win?

neither, he plays the it doesn't matter we win or lose as long as we play his way. but no one including himself knows what exactly his way is.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Yes i do look at it. The easy assists mean nothing to me. That's why I watch the game to make judgements.

Whatever. Points are the same for the shot made, they don't award style points. You think Lin's three assists were more to your taste than Price's 12 assists that's your prerogative. I prefer the (at least) 24 points for the Laker team.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:

it's the new buzz word among the coaches - Price brings 'energy' to the team. That's why he's starting. That - what's his name again? coach from Houston started Bev over Lin for the same buzz word. So he gives the pizzz to the pop! There you go - has been coaches - best they can do when asked to coach.

I'm sorry but where were the Laker's scouts? Where did they go? How can a team play the same against every team they come up against? Are the Buss' cheaping out here?
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:

he is cruising through this season, and tanking... Ronnie plays the second most important player role, Ryan Kelly was put in the starting lineup without seeing a minute before... all these moves are just tanking....
Byron only has one genuine move, that is let Kobe get his numbers, but he run Kobe too hard, can't blame him either, Kobe wanted that way too...
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

xiaozhugong wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Young bricked several Lin's assists.

Bob Garcia IV @bgarcia90 · 1m 1 minute ago

Lin on Young: "Our lineup was trying to get him going and get him easy ones to see the ball go down one time." #Lakers
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

fair enough. i don't wanna hear about price being so much better than JLin on defense then. lillard himself said before he needed his screens to get JLin off him last game. ronnie price being some defensive stopper is a myth. his defensive efficiency not better than JLin's.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27
Jump to: