CanadianFan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
Ronnie Price played 33 min., if that ain't tanking I don't know what is

Exactly, anybody who watched the game knows he stunk it up big time, ill advised shots and shot selection, poor D, yet the worse scrub on the team ends up with the most minutes and is s starter?? thanks BS

He had what 9, 10 assists? He played well. Nobody's stopping Lillard. I don't even think LeBron can.

12 assists for Price according to the Yahoo box score. 2 for 7 shooting and 8 pts.

3 assists for Lin, 3 for 9 shooting and 9 pts.

Didn't see the game but doubt either one of them was able to stop Lillard.

Just looking at box scores is the worst way to judge a game. Price made a couple of nice assists but many were easy tosses to boozer and hill. Not much penetration.

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that?

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made.

Lin didn't get to see much of the pine tonight to make a real difference. Price had 33 mins - again some nice offense from him, but the first team got owned.

Didn't watch game, but if starters got owned, why the bench not getting more time? BS?
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

swoosh-it wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Exactly, anybody who watched the game knows he stunk it up big time, ill advised shots and shot selection, poor D, yet the worse scrub on the team ends up with the most minutes and is s starter?? thanks BS

He had what 9, 10 assists? He played well. Nobody's stopping Lillard. I don't even think LeBron can.

12 assists for Price according to the Yahoo box score. 2 for 7 shooting and 8 pts.

Just looking at box scores is the worst way to judge a game. Price made a couple of nice assists but many were easy tosses to boozer and hill. Not much penetration.

An assist is an assist. Something point guards should do. If Lin makes an easy toss to Black or Boozer do you discount that?

Enlighten me since you saw the game, were Lin's three assists somehow "better" than the "easy tosses" Price made.

Lin didn't get to see much of the pine tonight to make a real difference. Price had 33 mins - again some nice offense from him, but the first team got owned.

Didn't watch game, but if starters got owned, why the bench not getting more time? BS?

Bench didn't really get it together in the 2nd half but were starting to and then Byron went with all starters. He had a mixture in for awhile. A minute or two, Price played with some of the bench.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

swoosh-it wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

It has been the same story all year. Whoever faces the other teams starters will struggle and whoever faces the other teams bench will do well. Moving the bench to the starting lineup didnt change that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

No Clarkson tonight,,

No Sacre tonight = more Tarik Black,,
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

fair enough. i don't wanna hear about price being so much better than JLin on defense then. lillard himself said before he needed his screens to get JLin off him last game. ronnie price being some defensive stopper is a myth. his defensive efficiency not better than JLin's.

BS disagrees:

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters · 6m 6 minutes ago

Byron Scott on Ronnie Price: "He is running our team, getting guys where they need to be & being tough on the defensive end."

If you watch Lin's post-game interview and BS's post-game interview, you will find that one of them has a good understanding of the game .
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
swoosh-it wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

It has been the same story all year. Whoever faces the other teams starters will struggle and whoever faces the other teams bench will do well. Moving the bench to the starting lineup didnt change that.

it's not just that, it's scott's extreme lineups. This is extremely problematic without kobe. Look at the lineup we started with, look at the lineup we close the game with. Now can you name one other lakers starting lineup that has worse offense than price/ellington/wes/hill/davis?
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Byron believes defense creates offense, whole heartly. But if your team can't put the ball in the hoop, there is no offense. The coach is thick as a wall.

Last edited by Shaqtin on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

fair enough. i don't wanna hear about price being so much better than JLin on defense then. lillard himself said before he needed his screens to get JLin off him last game. ronnie price being some defensive stopper is a myth. his defensive efficiency not better than JLin's.

BS disagrees:

Byron Scott on Ronnie Price: "He is running our team, getting guys where they need to be & being tough on the defensive end."

If you watch Lin's post-game interview and BS's post-game interview, you will find that one of them has a good understanding of the game .

That's a sound assessment. Lin is honest and doesn't cover mistakes or gaffs with bravado. He looks at it and tells you where he or the team fell short and what can be done about it. I think that's why reporter like to hear from Lin after every single game.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

BS disagrees:

I don't think Lin is assessing Price's game but Price didn't play well on defense. He did better as a PG anyway on offense, but didn't really score that much. If Lin got 33 minutes I don't think he ends up with 8 points, but 12 assists is excellent and Ronnie had that.

Byron trying to pump up Ronnie's defense tonight shows he's delusional. There are times when Ronnie plays fine defense, not tonight.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Byron is clueless.

People clown on Price because of the stuff that comes out of Byron's mouth. It's not so much really about Price. Price is a team player that works hard. But Byron's very public statements put him in a situation where he can only disappoint.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

BS disagrees:

I don't think Lin is assessing Price's game but Price didn't play well on defense. He did better as a PG anyway on offense, but didn't really score that much. If Lin got 33 minutes I don't think he ends up with 8 points, but 12 assists is excellent and Ronnie had that.

Byron trying to pump up Ronnie's defense tonight shows he's delusional. There are times when Ronnie plays fine defense, not tonight.

This BS dude. He calls out his team members in the public. He doesn't communicate with them. He said so himself about Nick the other day. He would call him out to the press and then was smirky about Nick reading the news papers or listening the radio and heard what his coach wanted and showed up early at practice to work on his shots. This guy is absolutely rediculous. Not who would want to play with Kobe, but who would want to play under this coach?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Byron is clueless.

People clown on Price because of the stuff that comes out of Byron's mouth. It's not so much really about Price. Price is a team player that works hard. But Byron's very public statements put him in a situation where he can only disappoint.

This.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
swoosh-it wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
catman2u wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:

Wasn't suggesting moving the bench to start. Bench seems stronger and faster, even preseason. Why the limited time today? Just asking, as I didn't watch today. Just clueing in on the playing time.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, sounds like they were still in it today. "Competing" as they say.

CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or does Damian Lillard coast for 3 qtrs against us then always going into beast mode 4th qtrs?
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Is it just me or does Damian Lillard coast for 3 qtrs against us then always going into beast mode 4th qtrs?

man, do you expect him scoring on us 50+ every game?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

No, but every game he doesn't do much till 8-10 min left against us.
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

After the team loses more games, Scott will admit he should give Lin more minutes.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
Byron believes defense creates offense, whole heartly. But if your team can't put the ball in the hoop, there is no offense. The coach is thick as a wall.

The starters had a four on one and still failed to convert.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
After the team loses more games, Scott will admit he should give Lin more minutes.

Maybe after he plays Price so many minutes that he has to sit out games.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Maybe that's the master tank plan! Play the older guys until they break down and then the season will be mostly over so too late to recover. Hmmm, Boozer has been playing a lot of minutes lately...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Maybe that's the master tank plan! Play the older guys until they break down and then the season will be mostly over so too late to recover. Hmmm, Boozer has been playing a lot of minutes lately...

I did think Price was wearing down in the previous Portland game. Was really dragging and getting up really slowly, after playing entire quarters. Could have been the flu though. Physically he looked better this game.
ClutchJedi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

i agree with jlin not playing enough minutes... historically, he has done well against portland and i think he is a better defender for speed PGs than price. he had couple really dumb moments that made me turn off the screen, but he was getting calls and getting bailed out here and there...
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject:

i can kinda understand having Lin come off the bench since both Kobe and Lin are ball dominant guards. BUT when Kobe isn't in the game, why isn't Lin starting? this tells me that regardless of the "chemistry issue" with Kobe/Lin, Byron Scott NEVER had any intentions of starting Lin ever since training camp. to Scott, his boy Price can play 10 bad games and then just 1 good game will erase everything. politics at it's best
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

No, but every game he doesn't do much till 8-10 min left against us.

I think Lillard starts every game trying to get his teammates going, focusing on assists.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27
Jump to: