++++++ Portland @ Lakers ++++++ 1/11/15 6:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
i can kinda understand having Lin come off the bench since both Kobe and Lin are ball dominant guards. BUT when Kobe isn't in the game, why isn't Lin starting? this tells me that regardless of the "chemistry issue" with Kobe/Lin, Byron Scott NEVER had any intentions of starting Lin ever since training camp. to Scott, his boy Price can play 10 bad games and then just 1 good game will erase everything. politics at it's best

I agree. BS is delusional to think that Price is the true starter, now even giving him true starter minutes. He finally admitted to running Kobe into the ground will he ever admit to this mistake? I wouldn't count on it.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

Look, I agree that Lin is easily the better overall PG than Price, but Lin might not be starting even with Kobe out due to wanting to keep the bench chemistry. From Lin's post game interview it sounds like the 2nd unit is trying to get nick out of his shooting slump by feeding him easy shots. One the guy knocks a few down.. hopefully the floodgates will open and the threes will start raining.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

whether lin starts or not, or who's a better pg between lin and price is really not the point.

the biggest question is - how do you let the same guy beat you twice, in the span of a week, in the exact same way??!!!

you'd think that after what lillard did last week, scott would have a clue on how to contain him, on a back-to-back, especially after orlando took them to the wire and limited lillard's production.

do they not watch film on other teams? do they not have a game plan other than putting in different players hoping for different results? seriously, he thought price could stop lillard playing him straight up?

this guy is a certified idiot. he has no clue other than to blame players and repeat the old "soft" label on his team. it disgusts me to know that the lakers are being lead by this idiot.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
whether lin starts or not, or who's a better pg between lin and price is really not the point.

the biggest question is - how do you let the same guy beat you twice, in the span of a week, in the exact same way??!!!

you'd think that after what lillard did last week, scott would have a clue on how to contain him, on a back-to-back, especially after orlando took them to the wire and limited lillard's production.

do they not watch film on other teams? do they not have a game plan other than putting in different players hoping for different results? seriously, he thought price could stop lillard playing him straight up?

this guy is a certified idiot. he has no clue other than to blame players and repeat the old "soft" label on his team. it disgusts me to know that the lakers are being lead by this idiot.

I suppose the positive thing is that he'll never call Price soft since Price reminds him of himself.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
tirebiter wrote:

I suppose the positive thing is that he'll never call Price soft since Price reminds him of himself.

they're all pros on this team. no one on the team, as far as i can tell, is soft. but when you don't trust your coach to put the team in the best place to succeed, why would you play hard for him?

we don't know what other are thinking but in lin's interview, he talked about making things harder for lillard, taking the ball out of his hands with double teams and make someone else beat them.

that's totally contradictory to what the game plan was - which was to put price on lillard and leave him on an island and play him straight up. the result - 17 pts for lillard in Q4.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:

and guess who said we should've double teamed and let others beat us. Scott isn't going to like that, watch lin gets less minutes from now on
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
tirebiter wrote:

and guess who said we should've double teamed and let others beat us. Scott isn't going to like that, watch lin gets less minutes from now on

Yea, unless Price gets early foul trouble.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Lin had a string of good games, a really good last game. And he plays 19 minutes due to Scott thinking Price can do what he's shown he can't do and that's stop a star point guard, maybe the most clutch 4th quarter point guard in the league right now. That's just not smart coaching. For continuity sake and keeping Lin in a flow, you don't have this impact player now playing off the bench, play 8 less minutes than the last game. Lin played well enough to play at least 26 minutes in the last game and who knows what he may have done in crunch time. Get Lin used to being in crunch time and expecting it and I think he'll deliver strong results, he sure has in the past even after having so-so games up to that point. I could see playing Young less as he's in a shooting slump, but not Lin.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Lin had a string of good games, a really good last game. And he plays 19 minutes due to Scott thinking Price can do what he's shown he can't do and that's stop a star point guard, maybe the most clutch 4th quarter point guard in the league right now. That's just not smart coaching. For continuity sake and keeping Lin in a flow, you don't have this impact player now playing off the bench, play 8 less minutes than the last game. Lin played well enough to play at least 26 minutes in the last game and who knows what he may have done in crunch time. Get Lin used to being in crunch time and expecting it and I think he'll deliver strong results, he sure has in the past even after having so-so games up to that point. I could see playing Young less as he's in a shooting slump, but not Lin.

I think young and lin is in the same position. it's all about Byron's boys price/Ellington.

young and lin isn't closing games unless they shoot over 50% and scores at least 15 points
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:

He told us straight up he refuse to take a look at the last game. So obviously he did not review the game and had no other game plan for this game other than 'PRICE'.

Good on Price. Bad on coaches.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
tirebiter wrote:

Lin is pretty much publicly challenging Scott's coaching strategies in a polite way.

...and I actually think that Lin would be a better coach than Scott.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
tirebiter wrote:

He told us straight up he refuse to take a look at the last game. So obviously he did not review the game and had no other game plan for this game other than 'PRICE'.

Good on Price. Bad on coaches.

That puts too much on Price. Byron is doing Price a disservice by making him out to be more than he is. Price is overachieving and playing well, the 12 assists were nice, he ran the offense well, but his bodying up on Lillard just makes Lillard more eager to show Coach and the world that he can get his on Price. Even from a psychological standpoint Byron fails at getting good results from not pumping up Lillard to keeping Price's job as easy as possible, which it isn't, to not relying on Lin more--and that includes guarding Lillard, which he actually does a good job at.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27
Jump to: