PG Trade Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
With MCW on the block, I say the Lakers should look to get in Play here. I don't think he's the PG the Lakers should look to as much, but he's definitely relevant and has exceptional size at the position.
I would much rather a 3 way situation with Milwaukee, Lakers and the Sixers. The Bucks would get MCW, the Lakers get Knight and Sixers get OJ Mayo and pics for the future. Lakers would be sending out Nash and a Pic and I think getting Knight and possibly a disgruntled Sanders might be worth it for the Lakers.
I know it seems like something the Sixers probably wouldn't consider, but in reality it would work well whereby the Sixers would get a solid combo guard in Mayo who would eventually open things up for their prospective big men.
The Bucks get another young guard with more of a facilitators mentality who can open things up for Parker while Henson becomes their main big and won't have to share minutes with Sanders.
I'm not 100% sold on Sanders, but he or another player could be the deal sweetener but one isn't needed, the numbers work with those three.

Problem with him is he needs the ball a lot in his hands and can't shoot.
rambisglasses
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Bledsoe for Lin.

Makes sense for both sides. Lakers won't balk at taking on a guard that they like, even if he's making 13M/year. It won't kill them for going for FA's, and honestly, there's not a lot of FA's who will come here as sucky as we are right now. Suns would welcome another ball-dominant guard that can play in that guard-oriented offense. Lin would probably want to play for Hornacek, seeing how much success Dragic has had. Only problem is that Bledsoe is below average as a ball handler, need someone to shore up our distributor role if Lin leaves.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

MCW's shooting leaves a lot to be desired, that being said, he's a young player with upside who is slated to make $2.4 million next year. Rondo and Dragic would eclipse that amount by a wide margin, as would Knight or Jackson (if their teams don't match), possibly prohibiting a max offer to a center, and not leaving enough room to fill out the roster with anything more than vet min. contracts. Considering the amount of help the Lakers need, MCW might be the best option, in the unlikely event they could get him without giving up Randle.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
It wouldn't be bad to see a Dragic/Lin combo next year. Mike has a point, not too many pure PGs left everyone seems to be a shoot first combo nowadays.

I'd target Rondo first with a short window then move on to Dragic real fast and stick with him. I don't see Rondo signing here unless there's another piece coming also (Love) and that will be another lengthy process. These guys aren't Melo/LBJ for us to wait that long.

We can build depth at that position by getting Farmar via Celtics/Clippers (Doc's kid) We don't need Ellington/Sacre as much as another ball handler.

Next year Dragic/Lin/Farmar can all rotate between the SG/PG spots with Dragic the lead PG. Although i can see Scott and Farmar clashing since Farmar is one of those guys who argue when he's wrong.

I'm OK with all of this except the "Lin" part.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

The funny thing about the FO is that it doesn't seem quite sure on direction. If you look at the roster now, they are playing Clarkson more so due to injury than anything else. But in reality, where does he fit? Is he part of the future at the PG spot?
If so he needs a ton of more playing time. I would play him more than Lin, because you know what Lin can do. I would start Clarkson, because at this stage and point you have nothing to lose, you've already lost everything, the season is over, you might as well start working toward the draft and free agency now...
If he doesn't pan out as our future PG off the bench, then we can send him packing. I like the kids game, but a decision needs to be made, the Lakers will fall asleep on all of these other Players and lose out... AGAIN!
Is Clarkson a better PLAYER than Seth Curry? Sometimes the logic in these politics are very disturbing. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Knight is still my pick, I hope the Lakers are able to swing a deal for him... Sorry LG.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I hate to propose this as a supporter of Lin playing for the Lakers for his remaining career but I don't see him choosing to do that with byron still here. Therefore I think a feasible trade to get some value for him is Lin for Rondo plus a future first round pick. Rondos been killing the mavs and we would only have to hold onto him for this season plus he might actually help us tank even harder. Not only that but we don't lose Lin for nothing. I know the mavs would probably be hesitant to admit that they made a mistake in the original trade but dirks not getting any younger and they are in "win now" mode. Lin offers them a major upgrade at the PG and might be seen as their missing piece for contention. The tough part is I don't know the mavs can afford to give up another first rounder but hey even if we get a second it's better than DNPing Lin or giving him like 15 mins a game. That doesn't do anything for us and this season, we are out of contention anyway. Might as well rack up as many picks as we can.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject:

there are so many talented point guards in the league.. with all that FA money, we could lure one. i'd rather draft a big.

also, we are currently the 4th worst team in the league. we have a very good chance at landing a top 5.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
there are so many talented point guards in the league.. with all that FA money, we could lure one. i'd rather draft a big.

also, we are currently the 4th worst team in the league. we have a very good chance at landing a top 5.

You're so right!
Dragic
Rondo
Jackson
Knight

To me whoever the Lakers pick at the PG spot is going to need some STAR POWER and I'm not talking just being a really good NBA player, but Playing for the most Prolific Basketball Franchise in Sports and the Highest Profile Team in the League that is in one of THE most Brightest Cities in the League.

You need a certain amount of Character as a PG to play for this team. Lin doesn't have that, he's good off the bench. IMO Knight and Jackson will probably be at the TOP of the Lakers free Agent PG List. If we get Rondo, we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot for another year of injuries and losses. Sorry Rondo lovers.

In theory with Kobe at the end of his career, the following rebuild will be needed for this team:

1. An "YOUNG" ATHLETIC ALL STAR Combo Guard capable of scoring and distributing the ball as well as playing both sides, offense and defense. Someone with character and a little flair to keep the city of Los Angeles excited about the Lakers.

2. A HEALTHY Julius Randle, one capable of dominating the game inside the paint, putting the ball on the floor, running the lanes and just bullying his opponents night in and night out.

3. A Legitimate Defensive Minded Center who can Rebound and put the ball in the basket. Someone who is either 6'11-7'0 tall with athleticism and youth capable of defending the rim. IMO The Lakers should target DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers won't win it this year and DeAndre should get a Max deal offer from the Lakers. (I doubt the Clips let him go, but it's worth a try)

LG, I doubt the Lakers really attract any significant Free Agents to the team. The reality is everyone wants Kobe to retire, because he demands too much, I'm sorry but it's the truth. We might get a couple of players to start the rebuild, but no BIG NAME FA's will be coming. Forget about KLOVE, ALDRIDGE, GASOL, LEONARD, BUTLER etc. The Lakers will get second tier level free agents to come to the team and help rebuild and compete.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Trade Hill, Davis, Ellington, etc. For picks, flip multiple picks to Philly for MCW. Use MCW later for trade bait if neccesary. I'm thinking MCW+our lottery pick for Westbrook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: