HEAT -at- LAKERS - 1-13-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

KobesRevenge wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

My observations of JLin is that he plays in a style reminiscent of DFish - walk the ball to the front court then quickly pass the ball. It does provide the suggestion that he is not able to create on his own consistently. He has shown flashes of what he could be that is tantalizing but often for extended stretch of PT - he has not made an impact on the game or impose his will on the game. These are observations oft-made by Big Game James and tonight with Big Shot Rob

It makes sense that JLin is looking like DFish these days - that's what Byron wants. We're in Princeton/Triangle sets and that's what the PG does. I would say 8 out of 10 times Lin will immediately pass to one of his teammates (like Young) and then that teammate would go ISO. Maybe 2 out of 10 times Lin gets to do a PnR, though he usually has to stare at Boozer for a few seconds to get that pick.

During Linsanity almost all plays were initiated out of Lin's dribble penetration. Lin's option to drive, pass, or shoot from there. Lin could do this, but he's obviously being told not to. It's doubtful that Byron will ever use Lin this way, but if he does, I guarantee your opinion of Lin will change.

I doubt his opinion of Lin will change and frankly I don't care. It's his opinion, his own analysis. Byron, if anything, took a well-performing Lin, who had been playing fine for the most part recently, and limited his minutes in favor of Price for defense and Price hasn't produced the defense Scott says he can. Scott is showing bias and favoritism and obviously doesn't like playing Lin for his own reasons, and a lot of times not sound basketball reasons. Lin plays like Lin, and will produce off of the dribble. Scott needs to accept that and not try to make him play like someone else.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

That has got to the one of the worst games I have seen all season.

Byron has got to be one of the most terrible coaches ever, maybe he truly is the tank commander.

The only few bright spots I saw were tarik, lin and davis. Lin had the LEAST minutes out of all players. I'm a Lin fan, but I like to think I am pretty fair. He was playing fairly decent and was starting to get into his rhythm - if I recall he had the biggest plus/minus of the team but then got yanked for Price who was not doing anything that night. It was really a puzzling move.

Young: my goodness, does this guy know the concept of team ball rather than trying to shoot his way back into the game. I like him as a person, but as a player lately, he just is straight up taking shots away from people with terrible pull up 3s or forced drives. Someone run a play for him so he can get wide open, but i doubt Byron is capable of that.

Kobe: I knew it was over once Kobe tried so very hard to hit that game winner. I think he might have chucked like 5-6 shots in the last minute just to prove that he is still 'clutch.' Man it was so depressing to see him do this. Trying so hard to be 'that' guy again. it does not help that the crowd oohs and ahs over every single miss he makes to encourage him.

overall I find that the lakers have been a bit selfish lately - boozer is straight up chucking and taking jumpshots that he shouldn't be taking. this group cares too much about their own stats/stardom/hero to be able to pull through winnable games...

/rant
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Tonight's game is additional evidence of what Big Game James said about the team - they are giving good effort but the talent (expertise) is less than the vast majority of the opposing teams

It is hard to know what schemes BScott is using when they are obviously missing assignments or not executing well (like being in No Man's Land on defense and not moving/cutting on offense)

JLin should homage gotten a few more minutes but it would not have made any difference. With Johnson not effective, maybe future games will have JLin and Price for our guards and Kobe at SF so that he can post more often

JLin has often embrace Wes Johnson persona of being The Invisible Man - quite a feat considering he is the PG

Ellington has not been productive, hence DNPCD

Giving Clarkson some run migjt have helped

The guys battled as they provided Addiyional evidence of where they are presently at as players.

The team is competitive and playing to expectations

You've got it completely backwards. It doesn't take talent for players to make a proper rotation. It takes COACHING.

The guys are battling for their own stats right now it seems like.

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Kobe, Price, Wes, Nick, Lin shot a combined 11-54. NOT gonna get it done.

Lin was 3-7 and was starting to get into rhythm when coach pulled him. if he had played heavy minutes i can see why lin could be blamed but he had the least minutes out there. price only took 3 shots I believe as well.

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

seriously 18-0? inexcusable.

fire Scott
DanAng
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

To any of the Lakers who still have love for the game, who wants to win...do whatever it takes to get traded for your own career sake.

To those who just want to collect a check, welcome to this years Los Angeles Lakers.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
MorlockO wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Kobe, Price, Wes, Nick, Lin shot a combined 11-54. NOT gonna get it done.

thats only 20% lol

and without lin you will have 8/47 which is 17% hahaha

I like how he throws Lin's name in there lol. The guy shot 3/7, which is OK.

Actually, is 3/6 which pretty good. 1 missing is the long 3s at end of half.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

You know the team is in the tank mode if in every game you hear "the bench had most of the xx points" tonight.
Kefi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
s_habe wrote:

Just sad to see how the coach is playing to lose.

"In the midst of chaos, there is much opportunity to tank." BScott, Art of Tanking

"First lay plans which will ensure victory, and then lead your army away from them." BScott, Art of Tanking

“What the ancients called a clever tanker is one who not only loses, but excels in losing with ease.” BScott, Art of Tanking

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory...ever." BScott, Art of Tanking

:>
made my day
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Tonight's game is additional evidence of what Big Game James said about the team - they are giving good effort but the talent (expertise) is less than the vast majority of the opposing teams

It is hard to know what schemes BScott is using when they are obviously missing assignments or not executing well (like being in No Man's Land on defense and not moving/cutting on offense)

JLin should homage gotten a few more minutes but it would not have made any difference. With Johnson not effective, maybe future games will have JLin and Price for our guards and Kobe at SF so that he can post more often

JLin has often embrace Wes Johnson persona of being The Invisible Man - quite a feat considering he is the PG

The guys battled as they provided Addiyional evidence of where they are presently at as players.

You've got it completely backwards. It doesn't take talent for players to make a proper rotation. It takes COACHING.

Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

An outright clankfest. It looked like neither team really wanted to win this game.

I understand Kobe needs rest, but when he does actually play, he's more rusty than refreshed.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Hard to swallow all these losses this season. The Lakers found every way to loss game after game.

Kobe has played poorly this season. Damn the age and injuries.

No hope for this Lakers as quo.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers losing can only mean one thing:

"TANK MODE ACTIVATED!"

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
s_habe wrote:

"In the midst of chaos, there is much opportunity to tank." BScott, Art of Tanking

"First lay plans which will ensure victory, and then lead your army away from them." BScott, Art of Tanking

“What the ancients called a clever tanker is one who not only loses, but excels in losing with ease.” BScott, Art of Tanking

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory...ever." BScott, Art of Tanking

Nice DB, made me lol!
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

blaming it all on talent is a cop out. and we're not talking about losing to the spurs or GSW, or even the clippers. we're talking about losing to the likes of maimi without wade, and teams like indiana. we're talking about teams coming out completely flat game after game and put themselves in huge holes, without any adjustments made, except to bring in the bench and them dig the team out of the hole.

when it's halfway into the season and the players are still not "executing" or doing what you want them to do, it's no longer on the players. just like boozer said - they actually practice rotations in chicago rather than just "talk about it".

and no, it's not for certain that more minutes for lin would've made a difference, but it's more than reasonable to assume that there's a better chance because when he was in there last night, he WAS visible, and DID make a difference. as opposed to price who couldn't do anything effectively on offense, and kobe who was stone cold all night long. most coaches would've let that unit, the one that brought the team back, play out the quarter and give them a chance to win the game. but not this coach.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
s_habe wrote:

Nice DB, made me lol!

Comedy gold !
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:
seriously 18-0? inexcusable.

fire Scott

and AT HOME? just so inspiring of BS.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Watching Kobe put up these 3-19 games and miss games for fatigue is hard to enjoy for this observer.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

It's getting harder and harder to watch. I don't mind losing if we're competitive but we look so lost out there. I think the tank rolls on, but without me as a witness.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

blaming it all on talent is a cop out. and we're not talking about losing to the spurs or GSW, or even the clippers. we're talking about losing to the likes of maimi without wade, and teams like indiana. we're talking about teams coming out completely flat game after game and put themselves in huge holes, without any adjustments made, except to bring in the bench and them dig the team out of the hole.

when it's halfway into the season and the players are still not "executing" or doing what you want them to do, it's no longer on the players. just like boozer said - they actually practice rotations in chicago rather than just "talk about it".

and no, it's not for certain that more minutes for lin would've made a difference, but it's more than reasonable to assume that there's a better chance because when he was in there last night, he WAS visible, and DID make a difference. as opposed to price who couldn't do anything effectively on offense, and kobe who was stone cold all night long. most coaches would've let that unit, the one that brought the team back, play out the quarter and give them a chance to win the game. but not this coach.
Losing to bad teams often is a sign of a young and inexperienced overall roster. It is easy to get up for the elite teams, though it is a mystery why they were flat for a Christmas Day game.

The players are not executing the defensive schemes and it is the HC's fault?

JLin was 1 for 5 before he hit his last two shots. For the first 2+ quarters, he was invisible. Price was totally ineffective on offense, but had a small impact on D.

If the second team was able to maintain the lead, they would have stayed in till they lost their need. When the second team allowed the Heat to established a firm lead, BScott put the starters back in.

Generally, do you feel that the players are playing at their expected standards. IMHO - they are. This roster is filled with complimentary players that are forced to play elite players every night and the box scores reflect this fact
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tirebiter wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Losing to bad teams often is a sign of a young and inexperienced overall roster. It is easy to get up for the elite teams, though it is a mystery why they were flat for a Christmas Day game.

JLin was 1 for 5 before he hit his last two shots. For the first 2+ quarters, he was invisible. Price was totally ineffective on offense, but had a small impact on D.

If the second team was able to maintain the lead, they would have stayed in till they lost their need. When the second team allowed the Heat to established a firm lead, BScott put the starters back in.

Generally, do you feel that the players are playing at their expected standards. IMHO - they are. This roster is filled with complimentary players that are forced to play elite players every night and the box scores reflect this fact

such double standard there, invisible has a new meaning I guess.
it's all good though. I get your point.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tirebiter wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

IMHO, based on the games they've played, i think we're playing under our standards. seeing how close they were a few times of beating good teams (with their full squad) but yet struggle against bad teams tells me that yes, they're young and inexperienced, but when they're focused and playing like they know what they're doing, they can be a pretty decent team. but scott hasn't been able to get them there on a consistent basis. it's not the lack of physical talent that's holding them back - it's between the ears. and it's the coaches fault? early on i'd say no. the players just need to gain some experience. but 30some games in and things haven't improved? that's on the coach, because obviously whatever he doing is not working, no matter what lineup he puts out there.

and as for lin. you're absolutely right. he can be pretty streaky and as someone who has watched him for half a season already, scott should know that once he gets going and starts playing aggressively, he can be pretty effective. certainly a heck a lot more than price. he may not always do it the minutes he comes in, but when it's on, it's on. and he took him out precisely once he got going and put in a guy that hasn't done anything all game. that's puzzling.

i just think he loves his timeouts, as we all know, and lin burning that timeout by getting himself trapped really ticked him off.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

KobesRevenge wrote:

During Linsanity almost all plays were initiated out of Lin's dribble penetration. Lin's option to drive, pass, or shoot from there. Lin could do this, but he's obviously being told not to. It's doubtful that Byron will ever use Lin this way, but if he does, I guarantee your opinion of Lin will change.

True.

It is so obvious that Lin just follows Scott's orders. To the detriment of himself and the team.

I only wish he was more arrogant/selfish and would more often call efficient plays instead of plays that Scott wants. Because what Scott wants just does not work.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
KobesRevenge wrote:

True.

It is so obvious that Lin just follows Scott's orders. To the detriment of himself and the team.

I only wish he was more arrogant/selfish and would more often call efficient plays instead of plays that Scott wants. Because what Scott wants just does not work.

LOL, so you want lin to lose the 18 minutes that he gets from now on?
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

byron just LET the heat run off 18 in a row to start the game. totally incapable of making ANY adjustments. and his substitutions are pure insane randomness. if it's not tanking it's accidental (bleep) unintentional tanking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: