++++ LAKERS @ Utah 1/16/2015 ++++ 6 PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
All of you Jeremy Lin fans who think the team stinks because Ronnie Price gets starters minutes ahead of him were proven wrong tonight.

Lin isnt good either. He's a bench scrub.
Didn't prove anything except that he didn't have a good game.

Lin's not a spot up shooter that depends on Kobe to get him open. He's a PG playing in an offense that has no system.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Byron is really masterful... complain? just one game makes all your Lin fans shut up...
What are you talking about.

Lin is still a much better PG than Ronnie. Period.

dare say that again? wait and see Lin's next opportunity, Byron will absolutely shut you up

If I see a solid system implemented and Lin just fails, then Byron will have shut me up.

But right now I see that Byron sucks as a coach.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
seriously, no saying Ronnie is better and should start... but this type of Byron's offense, ronnie run it better than Lin... Lin runs better when you give him freedom, pace and space to run the uptempo offense...

Maybe BS's offense is designed around Price .

We're killed by Jazz's 3's tonight. We're 3/7, they're 12/31 on 3's.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

One game can prove you wrong, but the whole season can't turn it around.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Byron is really masterful... complain? just one game makes all your Lin fans shut up...

Precisely.
HAKMamba24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

This just shows how coaching can make all the difference.... Man I miss the PJ days, its sad to say as much as i hated MDA, he would of probably won more games with this squad then BS and actually suited Lin
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Its a sad day for Laker fans when scrubs like Jeremy Lin and Nick Young are looked at as fan favorites.

I'm 34. I remember the Showtime Lakers, the Post Magic Lakers, the early Kobe/Shaq years, the Kobe/Shaq 3 peat, and on and on.

To know what good basketball looks like, and what good players look like - and then to see fans arguing about which scrub is better on this current squad is some sad sad sad stuff.

SMH.

I pray that you Lin fans (and Nick Young too) are all teenagers that cant remember when the Lakers were great. Because if you do, and you're still pining for these dudes, its insane.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

Precisely.
You mean Priceisely
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Its a sad day for Laker fans when scrubs like Jeremy Lin and Nick Young are looked at as fan favorites.

I'm 34. I remember the Showtime Lakers, the Post Magic Lakers, the early Kobe/Shaq years, the Kobe/Shaq 3 peat, and on and on.

To know what good basketball looks like, and what good players look like - and then to see fans arguing about which scrub is better on this current squad is some sad sad sad stuff.

SMH.

I pray that you Lin fans (and Nick Young too) are all teenagers that cant remember when the Lakers were great. Because if you do, and you're still pining for these dudes, its insane.

LoL

34 can't even remember the best of Showtime.

But when fans like Lin or Young, they are in no way putting them in the same category as superstars like Magic. But more like how fans loved NVE, Ceballos or Eddie Jones.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
All of you Jeremy Lin fans who think the team stinks because Ronnie Price gets starters minutes ahead of him were proven wrong tonight.

Lin isnt good either. He's a bench scrub.

Whoa, whoa! Hey now... Scrub? Now you've gone too far! I can accept 'bench warmer' (for tonight) but scrub? Now you're just being mean.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

You live in the past, I live in the moment. Maybe you can go cheer for another team until we have a better roster, or go watch some hockey? The Ducks are doing pretty well.
HAKMamba24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

You want a cookie?? I'm not only older but can say the same, miss Chick as well, we all know what good basketball is like. But that was then and this is NOW, we are stuck with this team. Kicking the team when they are down isn't really supporting the lakers. Win or Lose real fans support the team and want them to succeed. They are put in this spot and can actually show more success if alot of factors such as BS would play them to their ability. Whats sad are people like you, the bandwagon fans..all up in arms cheering when they are winning, but can't wait to hide and bash them when they aren't.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

34? Geez.. I remember when Christ was just a corporal!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

No problem with Lin, he's probably one and done with the Lakers ... This is a crap season, just hang on for a few more seasons and maybe we have something to cheer about again...no big deal...
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

LoL

But when fans like Lin or Young, they are in no way putting them in the same category as superstars like Magic. But more like how fans loved NVE, Ceballos or Eddie Jones.

NVE, Ceballos, and Eddie Jones made the playoffs. That team was exciting and won. 94-95 they won 48 games. 95-96 they won 53 games and got to the the Western Conference Semis. All post Magic (obviously) and pre Kobe/Shaq.

The losers on this current squad dont even compare.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

LoL

NVE, Ceballos, and Eddie Jones made the playoffs. That team was exciting and won. 94-95 they won 48 games. 95-96 they won 53 games and got to the the Western Conference Semis. All post Magic (obviously) and pre Kobe/Shaq.

Just curious, weren't those years when Scott was neither a player on the team nor the coach?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

LoL

They also had a good X and O coach.

Del Harris could make this team at least look good and play on the same page.

Young and Lin have talent. Same with Boozer. Davis, Black, and Clarkson have potential to be solid players.

Not sure why you have a problem with Lakers fans who like Lakers players.
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Young and Lin have talent. Same with Boozer. Davis, Black, and Clarkson have potential to be solid players.

It's fine to root for the current players but this team is easily one of the bottom three in terms of talent. Orlando and Minnesota have more talent than the lakers. Lin and young are backup journeymen.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

KobeShaqalliance wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

It's fine to root for the current players but this team is easily one of the bottom three in terms of talent. Orlando and Minnesota have more talent than the lakers. Lin and young are backup journeymen.

Not sure your point has anything to do with what Mr 34 yrs old said.
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

My point is that Del Harris impact would be marginal. No coach is taking this roster to the playoffs. The team lacks talent.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeShaqalliance wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

My point is that Del Harris impact would be marginal. No coach is taking this roster to the playoffs. The team lacks talent.

And...?

Still not sure what that has to do with it being "sad" that Lin or Young could be fan favorites.

Are you addressing something completely different than the convo you quoted?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

HAKMamba24 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

You want a cookie?? I'm not only older but can say the same, miss Chick as well, we all know what good basketball is like. But that was then and this is NOW, we are stuck with this team. Kicking the team when they are down isn't really supporting the lakers. Win or Lose real fans support the team and want them to succeed. They are put in this spot and can actually show more success if alot of factors such as BS would play them to their ability. Whats sad are people like you, the bandwagon fans..all up in arms cheering when they are winning, but can't wait to hide and bash them when they aren't.

Hakmamba just tomahawk windmill , free throw line dunk'd on plaza234

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

SMH.

Oh, please -- quit pining for Shaq and Magic. Everyone knows that the truly great athletes ended when Orsippus of Megara won the stadion race of the fifteenth Ancient Olympic Games in 720 B.C. No reason to bother talking about any athlete after him.
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject:

The Lakers bench played a faster tempo and Lin get more screens from Boozer.

The Lin/Davis PnR didn't exist in this game when Lin was starting.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I forgot about del harris. He's kinda interesting to me.
His last full season coaching he won 61 games with Shaq, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Horry, Elden Campbell, fisher, and Kobe Bryant as the sixth man dropping 15+ a game. But the next year he started off with a 6-6 record and never head coached again.
Tough call who would coach this team better now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20
Jump to: