Clippers dissension
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Clippers dissension

Glad to see it. 50 wins and 2nd round exits until CP3 retires is a fitting punishment for the vetoed New Orleans deal.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

2nd round exit would be a step up from what they were doing last year. I'm not even sure they can get out of the 1st round this year.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

It's going to be another 1st round exit.
I'll be watching and pissing myself.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Always fun to watch them implode in the playoffs...
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Hope they get stomped on in the first round. (bleep) flop city.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Clippers will have to make a lineup change if they don't go deep this year, imo. Not sure what they need, considering they have quality role players and 2 All-Stars on offense. But that team just doesn't work.
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers dissension

Dr. Laker wrote:
Glad to see it. 50 wins and 2nd round exits until CP3 retires is a fitting punishment for the vetoed New Orleans deal.

Punishment for who again? Not sure if David Stern sees that as punishment for him.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Is there a link to what this is about? I haven't read anything about a feud.
CalvinJ21
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject:

lol the Clipper hate is real. i don't dislike the team i've just never been sold on them achieving any great success
Love me or hate me, it’s one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I’m a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I’m loved, for the exact same reasons.

- Kobe!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I won't even be watching.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Clippers will have to make a lineup change if they don't go deep this year, imo. Not sure what they need, considering they have quality role players and 2 All-Stars on offense. But that team just doesn't work.

Trading Blake Griffin for a real power forward would do wonders for them... Hope they never figure that fact out though.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
danzag wrote:

I won't even be watching.

Same here... I have zero interest in Small Market Mafia's league they created.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Trading Blake Griffin for a real power forward would do wonders for them... Hope they never figure that fact out though.

Griffin for Jordan Hill!
Sacreligious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject:

CP3 is ruining the Clippers. Blake should be the "man" on that team, not Paul.

Can't win a chip when the player you rely on is 6ft.

Also, VDN > Doc

14 in a row bro.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I don't think that Blake is the problem, the problem in the playoffs is CP3. Guy is just not a prime time player.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I don't think that Blake is the problem, the problem in the playoffs is CP3. Guy is just not a prime time player.

agree, the guy's game evolves dribbling dribbling and more dribbling on offense, and flopping on defense. PGs with superb athletic ability would give him a lot of headaches, and in the west they got a ton of those PGs: Lilliard, Westbrook, Mike Conley. to be honest i think CP3 matches up well against Steph Curry, but not any of those aforementioned athletic guards.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Is there a link to what this is about? I haven't read anything about a feud.

I've been wondering the same thing. Every team that underachieves has some element of soap opera, but I haven't heard anything about the Clippers. I ran a Google search and found a YouTube video from last season and . . . this thread.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^^

LINK

I don't think Austin Rivers becoming a Clipper will do much to help the dissension. He's not a great player. I don't think he'd be in the rotation on another team. .

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You're kidding right?

The Clippers problem is chemistry and game plan. When they start to play team ball instead of Lob City Ball they'll be a tough win.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Sacreligious wrote:
CP3 is ruining the Clippers. Blake should be the "man" on that team, not Paul.

Can't win a chip when the player you rely on is 6ft.

Also, VDN > Doc

14 in a row bro.

I think Paul is too ball dominant. Wants to score his share, thinks he HAS to score what he has for most of his career. One of those guys I think is a good player, but one who's been stuck in playoff limbo with nary a change to his approach.

Jordan Hill and Blake. These players are less versatile than Paul is.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^^

LINK

I don't think Austin Rivers becoming a Clipper will do much to help the dissension. He's not a great player. I don't think he'd be in the rotation on another team. .

You've got to be kidding. That goofy report is what got this thread started? It doesn't even make a lot of sense.

Quote:
The Clippers have recently gotten the reputation of being one of the closest teams in the league, but the obvious dissention displayed amongst the members of the team are making people doubt how close the Clippers have become.

Say what? And I won't even mention the fact that the author doesn't even know how to spell dissension. Oops, I just did.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

They were better with VDN. They were dominant in the regular season with him. And that was with a lesser version of Blake Griffin and D.Jordan.
If not for injruies in the playoffs to Blake and Cp3 while VDN was coaching, they could have went pretty far i think.
Also, maybe Cp3 is declining a little bit. he needs to be a more aggressive scorer.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers Imploding... If only. Son... come watch the pretty colors in the sky. Wow, that was a nice one, that bright red firework was a Blake griffin. And that short fiery one was a CP3.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers are not as talented as people think and they need a SF. Matt Barnes should be a bench player, not a starter. Also, it really hurts their defense when they have Reddick and Crawford in there. And now the Clipper bench is much weaker without Bledsoe/Collison.

Another obvious problem is DeAndre Jordan still being so limited offensively.

People criticize Paul but I think Blake Griffin is the guy who hasn't stepped up for them in the biggest games. He underperformed against OKC in the playoffs and really struggled against Ibaka.

They have too many weaknesses to win the conference.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You're kidding right?

The Clippers problem is chemistry and game plan. When they start to play team ball instead of Lob City Ball they'll be a tough win.

Who runs that offense? CP3 faded in the playoffs in NO as well. Some guys just aren't big game players. Heck, he faded badly when his Wake Forest team faced Deron Williams and the Illini. It isn't that CP3 is a bad player or that they should bench him, they just need to find someone else to step up in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: