Damn.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Damn.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/16/southern-education-foundation-children-poverty_n_6489970.html
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising considering the massive transfer of wealth to the top 0.01%, starting with Reagan's administration.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Marx's explanation for race/racism has proven to be scarily accurate. Convince working-class whites that black people are responsible for all of their problems, and they'll never realize how badly they're getting screwed by the elites.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

That's insane. Can't bode well for the future of the country.

!...

Last edited by City_Dawg on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Not surprising considering the massive transfer of wealth to the top 0.01%, starting with Reagan's administration.

Could also be due to a poor immigrant influx in those states. 8 of the top 10 fastest growing Hispanic states are all 50% of above on that chart.

Add in California, Texas and Florida who have the largest population of Hispanic immigrants and it adds up to probably 1/3 of the total poor children.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Could also be due to a poor immigrant influx in those states. 8 of the top 10 fastest growing Hispanic states are all 50% of above on that chart.

Add in California, Texas and Florida who have the largest population of Hispanic immigrants and it adds up to probably 1/3 of the total poor children.

Very good point. That's almost certainly a large driving factor in the states you mentioned.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Trickle down economics at work. The poor children will get their share of the wealth soon!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

What's the definition of poverty in this article? Not disputing it as the middle class is disappearing but I wonder what poverty means. Judging by how much Americans whine about everything these days "not having an iPhone" may cause people to consider themselves to be living in poverty.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
What's the definition of poverty in this article? Not disputing it as the middle class is disappearing but I wonder what poverty means. Judging by how much Americans whine about everything these days "not having an iPhone" may cause people to consider themselves to be living in poverty.

I wonder if they used a certain income amount across the board. The whole country has such drastic differences in coast of living.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
methdxman wrote:

I wonder if they used a certain income amount across the board. The whole country has such drastic differences in coast of living.

Here's a good documentary from 2012, to show the meaning of poor.

Some interesting stats:

- $23,050 is the federal poverty line, compared to about $50,000 median household income.

- 47.6% of the poorest kids live in single-parent homes, headed by a female.

- 38% of poor kids are black. 32% are Hispanic

- The USA is #4 among developed countries in child poverty rate. Only Mexico, Chile and Turkey have a higher rate of child poverty. Way to go USA!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Here's a good documentary from 2012, to show the meaning of poor.

Some interesting stats:

- $23,050 is the federal poverty line, compared to about $50,000 median household income.

- 47.6% of the poorest kids live in single-parent homes, headed by a female.

- 38% of poor kids are black. 32% are Hispanic

- The USA is #4 among developed countries in child poverty rate. Only Mexico, Chile and Turkey have a higher rate of child poverty. Way to go USA!

(Obligatory statement that will fall on deaf ears)At least we have cool weapons!(/)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: