Sacre's future with the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

Sacre has been one of the luckiest players in the league. For a guy who would be averaging 2-5 minutes a night at best on any other team, except Philly - who has a transparent agenda, Sacre's getting 16 minutes and starting games for 2 straight years. A circumstance made made by incompetence up and down the organization.

Basically we're developing a guy to be a spot minutes player on playoff team, if we ever get there. At the same time missing out on studs like Whiteside. Clearly, the opportunity of optimum player development is being missed by having guys stick around too long.

Sacre is a guy who hangs his hat on defense, but all he's doing is shooting jumpers. Meanwhile, our defense suffers because we have only 1 rim protector on the roster. Rim protection is always a need, give an unknown a shot. We all know who Sacre is after 3 seasons.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
Sacre has been one of the luckiest players in the league. For a guy who would be averaging 2-5 minutes a night at best on any other team, except Philly - who has a transparent agenda, Sacre's getting 16 minutes and starting games for 2 straight years. A circumstance made made by incompetence up and down the organization.

Basically we're developing a guy to be a spot minutes player on playoff team, if we ever get there. At the same time missing out on studs like Whiteside. Clearly, the opportunity of optimum player development is being missed by having guys stick around too long.

Sacre is a guy who hangs his hat on defense, but all he's doing is shooting jumpers. Meanwhile, our defense suffers because we have only 1 rim protector on the roster. Rim protection is always a need, give an unknown a shot. We all know who Sacre is after 3 seasons.

Did you happen to see him getting man-handled by Enes Kanter and Serge Ibake yesterday? It was a disgusting sight to behold. My main irretants with Sacre are that even though he eppears sturdy and powerful, he gets pushed around easily by centers/forwards who are as big as or bigger than he is. Plus, it appears that he's always a step slower than the action that's going on around him. He moves like he's caught in a vaccum, which causes his entire body to react slower than everyone else on the court. And my goodness, i've never seen so many loose balls which are ripe for the taking either take a bounce that precludes him from snagging it, or just bounces off of his body out of bounds or right back to the other team. He's not as pathetic as Kwame Brown was, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be anymore than a bench warmer, a la Mark Landsberger.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Robert Sacre is awesome, he is so passionate.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

@Cali

Unfortunately, those are his words. I too see very little of that defense he's talking about outside of a few hard fouls for bullying purposes. As I alluded to, we're missing out on true rim protector because FO likes him for some reason.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
@Cali

Unfortunately, those are his words. I too see very little of that defense he's talking about outside of a few hard fouls for bullying purposes. As I alluded to, we're missing out on true rim protector because FO likes him for some reason.

They like him because he's 7 feet tall and cheap. After this season, i am hopeful that he'll be jettisoned from the organization, forever. I like that he's a good character guy, but frankly the Lakers' organization and fanbase deserve ALOT better than what Sacre can bring on the court.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
@Cali

They like him because he's 7 feet tall and cheap. After this season, i am hopeful that he'll be jettisoned from the organization, forever. I like that he's a good character guy, but frankly the Lakers' organization and fanbase deserve ALOT better than what Sacre can bring on the court.

That's simply because you aren't comparing him to other third string centers. He's going up against starters, two full tiers above his talent, and pay. Lakers like him because he's a great third string guy who works hard, is never an attitude problem, does what he is asked, and is a great teammate and locker room guy. Oh, and he's on the cheapest contract there is.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
@Cali

That's simply because you aren't comparing him to other third string centers. He's going up against starters, two full tiers above his talent, and pay. Lakers like him because he's a great third string guy who works hard, is never an attitude problem, does what he is asked, and is a great teammate and locker room guy. Oh, and he's on the cheapest contract there is.

I agree w/ some of what you are stating. However, I still believe that Black should be getting some of those minutes that are essentially being wasted on a 3rd string center just because he's a great guy & a swell fella.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
24 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
@Cali

I agree w/ some of what you are stating. However, I still believe that Black should be getting some of those minutes that are essentially being wasted on a 3rd string center just because he's a great guy & a swell fella.

I'd like to see more of Tarik Black as well. No disrespect to Sacre, as i don't want to come off as bashing him, but i think Black would have more value than Sacre. We know what Sacre can bring. We've seen him for 2 years. Let's give Black those minutes and see what he can contribute with them.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:

I'd like to see more of Tarik Black as well. No disrespect to Sacre, as i don't want to come off as bashing him, but i think Black would have more value than Sacre. We know what Sacre can bring. We've seen him for 2 years. Let's give Black those minutes and see what he can contribute with them.

That's exactly right. Tarik is also a 3rd string center with a swell attitude, works tremendously hard, especially on the court, a great guy who does what he's asked and makes half of what Sacre makes . Player development is being wasted.

Look at Miami. They picked up 2 guys from the D-league. Whiteside and Tyler Johnson. Johnson got thru the 10 days and signed a multi year. Against the suns he scored 26, his previous high was 18. This is all being done while the team is vying for a playoff birth. Tyler is becoming a reliable role player. Developing players to play meaningful minutes. Riley does his due diligence because he knows what he's doing.

Sucks that the Lakers FO isn't looking to improve their future by being proactive. They're in the "we always get lucky" and "talent always come to LA" mode. Sacre's development should be done - kaputz.. Price/Nash should be waived to create roster spots. Bring up some D-leaguers to see how they fare in better competition. That's what the D-league is there for.

Defenders have a top prospect in Jamaal Franklin. The kid is known to be a ball hawk. let's see if he can be a head of the snake.
I also like to see Willie Reed, a rim protector, but he'll be taking time from swell Rob. We can't have that.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
@Cali

With respect, i haven't seen Sacre look good against any competitor, whether a starter or bench player. IMHO It's obvious that Sacre doesn't have the skills to be anything beyond mediocre in the NBA. If the Lakers want to retain a big body on a ridiculously paltry contract, then i guess sticking with Sacre another year should undoubtedly satisfy management. I for one hope that they attempt to upgrade and don't retain Sacre. Besides, there will be a myriad of options(in the draft) or free agency who could provide more utility...heck Tarik Black would be a good choice to backfill that spot, and he's already on the roster....We should look to bring him back and try to re-sign Ed Davis, which would more than make up for Sacre's "contributions".
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

18pts, 25reb, 4 game saving blocks. Sacre was awesome tonight proving Lakers brass right for making him a starter and solidifying his incredible future with the Lakers, instead of signing some nobody from D-league back in november. Looking forward to more production like tonight. You go swell rob.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
18pts, 25reb, 4 game saving blocks. Sacre was awesome tonight proving Lakers brass right for making him a starter and solidifying his incredible future with the Lakers, instead of signing some nobody from D-league back in november. Looking forward to more production like tonight. You go swell rob.

I almost feel sorry for Sacre, I'm sure he's not whining about starting so the decision to start him is all coming from the coach and the staff... they are obviously not evaluating him... what the Lakers are doing right now, is giving Sacre bad medicine I'm sure he's fine being a 3rd or 4th string big-man..... he did not deserve to go up against Whiteside..... Black could have provided more with his physical body... just a messed up situation to be honest.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lol at the FO trying to develop players without talent

spurs can do it to their supremacy at developing these guys and coaching
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:

Whats sad is Sacre is the only player on our roster to match up size wise with Whiteside....and the disparity between the 2 7 footers is pretty obvious.
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

sacre is the new mark madsen, should only be playing 5 minutes per game max. Would be good filler on the bench due to salary cap.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Sacre would be nice playing the Greg Kite role. Come in bleed somebody's nose and get a towel salute from ML Carr, which by the way, is the antic Rob has adopted. Nick has nickname, how about ML Kite for Sacre.

Unfortunately, rules these days would cost Rob too much money for him to do what he does best.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

madddogg wrote:
sacre is the new mark madsen, should only be playing 5 minutes per game max. Would be good filler on the bench due to salary cap.

he wish. I think madsen is way more talented/valuable than sacre will ever be.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

The least he can do is use up his 6 fouls.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

Dancing Barry:
Quote:
Sacre -- -- He had 17 solid minute of tank time. He contributed solidly to that. The Stats: He scored 2 points on 1-3 shooting to go with 1 board, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 4 fouls in 17 minutes. He was a -6. The Action: Low position and he hit a short jumphook. He threw a pass away trying to hit a cutter. Second Half: He missed a wing jumper. He was rejected badly on a jumphook.

nuff said
nba_lakers_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

He's quite possibly the worst player in the league. He's nice , he tries , ya ya ya. But he's so bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: