Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)

NFL investigating Patriots' footballs

LINK

How could they get it pass the officials?

Quote:
Former NFL official Jim Daopoulos, in an interview with ESPN on Monday morning, explained the process in which footballs are managed. Two hours and 15 minutes before each game, officials inspect 12 footballs from each team and put a mark on them to indicate they meet the proper requirements and are good for usage. Then those footballs are given to the ball attendant.

NE is a team so scrutinized it's getting to be ridiculous. Now they're accused of under inflating footballs.

If the balls are under inflated both teams are using the same ball, who has the advantage. IMO neither.

NE just straight kicked Indy's ass. Let it go.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

It's in the NFL thread.

And the fact that they rotate balls in and out of every play makes it so that the Pats could manipulate when the deflated balls go in and out so that only they are using them on offense. So it's not really a matter of both teams playing with the same ball.

Not that it would have made a lick of difference in that game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

And the fact that they rotate balls in and out of every play makes it so that the Pats could manipulate when the deflated balls go in and out so that only they are using them on offense. So it's not really a matter of both teams playing with the same ball.

Who controls the rotation? Do the Pats decide which ball goes into the game? The officials removed one ball, no reason stated. I don't see how the Pats could manipulate the changes so they would be the only ones to get deflated balls.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

Who controls the rotation? Do the Pats decide which ball goes into the game? The officials removed one ball, no reason stated. I don't see how the Pats could manipulate the changes so they would be the only ones to get deflated balls.

Typically the teams ball boy/equipment manager is in charge of the balls his team uses. He gives the ball to the ref to place on the field. When there is a change of possession, the other teams ball boy gives that teams ball to the referee to place on the field.

They use different balls for kicking and for play. The announcers stated that the reason for the change was that the ball boy was either late on giving them the game ball, or mistakenly gave them a kicking ball.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

I wonder what the NFL would do if this had happened in a close game instead. Simply taking away draft picks would seem like a relatively light punishment in that situation.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I wonder what the NFL would do if this had happened in a close game instead. Simply taking away draft picks would seem like a relatively light punishment in that situation.

Then again we've heard stories of removing the shine of the ball, throwing it in the dryer,etc. So then what is the range of deflation that is acceptable, plus the process puts the final determination of air pressure on the refs from what I've read.

There are so many variables that would lead to a false conclusion in this investigation, its laughable.

Obviously then you could try to break this issue down scientifically to determine if there was an advantage due aerodynamics,wind turbulence,etc.

My guess is nothing comes out of this and the Colts were being sore losers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

Typically the teams ball boy/equipment manager is in charge of the balls his team uses. He gives the ball to the ref to place on the field. When there is a change of possession, the other teams ball boy gives that teams ball to the referee to place on the field.

They use different balls for kicking and for play. The announcers stated that the reason for the change was that the ball boy was either late on giving them the game ball, or mistakenly gave them a kicking ball.

Thanks for the explanation. Clears up the way the Pats could manipulate the deflated balls.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

They have cameras all over the stadium, I don't think the ball boy would be able to get away with something like this.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

My Pats won fair and square; Colts just didn't show up to play..I'm sorry...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:

Colts were exposed.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:

How are you both a Lakers fan and a Patriots fan?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

How can one root for the San Francisco Giants and be a Lakers fan?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170194&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

for those who says Pats' running game did Indy in yesterday, so had nothing to do with the deflated ball even if the accusation is true. well, how many fumbles do you think Blunt would've had if the ball was properly inflated? a deflated ball is easy to tugged tight against your body because you can squeeze into it. Blunt is a known fumbler in the past, it definitely played a part into the game if the accusation is true, because without a reliable running game, the game plan would be different for the Pats.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

How can one root for the San Francisco Giants and be a Lakers fan?

wow, that's even worse than being a Pats and Laker fan.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Nothingburger with cheese
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Watching SportsCenter. I understand now watching the ball boy getting balls for the Pats. Also the refs inspect the balls 2 1/2 hours before the game giving Bill time to adjust the balls inflation.

I'll say it again; Pete Carroll knew what was coming when he left SC. Bill Belichick, spygate. Nuff said.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Watching SportsCenter. I understand now watching the ball boy getting balls for the Pats. Also the refs inspect the balls 2 1/2 hours before the game giving Bill time to adjust the balls inflation.

I'll say it again; Pete Carroll knew what was coming when he left SC. Bill Belichick, spygate. Nuff said.

Good point. USC would never stoop to doctoring game balls.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

They have cameras all over the stadium, I don't think the ball boy would be able to get away with something like this.

If such a thing were actually done, it would obviously involve more than just the ball-boy. And there wouldn't be much for the camera's to catch, because the deflation would been done before hand.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It's in the NFL thread.

If such a thing were actually done, it would obviously involve more than just the ball-boy. And there wouldn't be much for the camera's to catch, because the deflation would been done before hand.

Most likely. The refs inspect the balls 2 1/2 hours before the game leaving plenty of time to deflate the balls.

cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

Football and Basketball are two different sports . Also, my Dad is a long time Pats fan (he lived in Boston back in the 70s), but he doesn't watch much football these days, so I'm carrying on his tradition.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
My Pats won fair and square;

If they gave themselves an unfair advantage then I wouldn't call it fair and square.

Quote:
Colts just didn't show up to play..I'm sorry..

People keep saying this but it's irrelevant. Cheating is still cheating. It doesn't suddenly become okay to cheat because your opponent is inferior.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

If they gave themselves an unfair advantage then I wouldn't call it fair and square.

Quote:

People keep saying this but it's irrelevant. Cheating is still cheating. It doesn't suddenly become okay to cheat because your opponent is inferior.

Alleged cheating.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

Quote:

Alleged cheating.

Sure, maybe they didn't do anything wrong. My main point was I strongly disagree with the "LOL 45-7" posts around the Internet. A large favorite cheating to further increase their chances of winning is a serious matter.

Last edited by Steve007 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:

Quote:

Alleged cheating.

Sure, maybe they didn't do anything wrong. My main point was I strongly disagree with the "LOL 45-7" posts around the Internet. A large favorite cheating to further increase theit chances of winning is a serious matter.

Your post gave me the impression you think they cheated.

If they did, they should face whatever consequences the league imposes.

You seem to have already made up your mind.

ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Chris Mortensen @mortreport ·
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

That's absolutely pathetic. Hope Bellichick gets the Sean Payton treatment. Few people I dislike more than bellichick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24
Jump to: