Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Solution:

Every game the NFL brings in footballs to be used by both teams that are identical in size, shape, weight, texture and air pressure so we never have to talk about this again.

And if the players prefer a football with a little less air pressure, then change the rules to accomodate that. As a fan, I prefer to see accurate throws and highlight reel catches rather than fumbles, muffs and drops.

According to one of the insiders on ESPN this week, the NFL used to do this, and deliver the team their balls a few hours before kick-off, but one off-season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lobbied the NFL to allow them to use balls that were more worn in.
Both teams should use the same footballs. Balls being worn in differently can change the grip in a manner similar to varying amounts of air pressure. By allowing each team to use a different set of footballs, the NFL is adding an unnecessary variable to something that should be equal for both teams.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Solution:

Every game the NFL brings in footballs to be used by both teams that are identical in size, shape, weight, texture and air pressure so we never have to talk about this again.

And if the players prefer a football with a little less air pressure, then change the rules to accomodate that. As a fan, I prefer to see accurate throws and highlight reel catches rather than fumbles, muffs and drops.

According to one of the insiders on ESPN this week, the NFL used to do this, and deliver the team their balls a few hours before kick-off, but one off-season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lobbied the NFL to allow them to use balls that were more worn in.
Both teams should use the same footballs. Balls being worn in differently can change the grip in a manner similar to varying amounts of air pressure. By allowing each team to use a different set of footballs, the NFL is adding an unnecessary variable to something that should be equal for both teams.

I think it should be like Iron Chef: Both teams are allowed to doctor 12 footballs in one hour using only kitchen utensils, and then stir fried after a rub with a surprise ingredient.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I think it's all blown out of proportion. That fat dude on ESPN saying "IT WASNT A BIG DEAL BUT NOW IT IS RABBLE RABBLE" I mean come on, only reason it's a big deal is because you pundits still need jobs.

Also yeah, if Tom was lying then he's either a psychopath or a future politician.

If you couldn't tell that Brady was full of (bleep), then I hope you don't vote and aren't a psychologist.

If you thought it was that obvious, then you were looking for something that wasn't there.

Tom looked coached, yes. But he was a step above being full of (bleep). The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

Nope. It was very clear Brady was full of it, and I was going to explain the reasons for that, but I will let actual NFL players who agree do so:

Ex-players react: Brady‘s cluelessness ‘unbelievable’

I get the impression Aikmen altered his footballs during his career.
Quote:
“It’s obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this,” Aikman told a Dallas radio station — before either of Brady’s or Belichick’s denials. “For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that. Now the question becomes: Did Bill Belichick know about it?”
I take that as a cloaked admission.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Solution:

I think it should be like Iron Chef: Both teams are allowed to doctor 12 footballs in one hour using only kitchen utensils, and then stir fried after a rub with a surprise ingredient.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Bunch of babies playing with 12 different balls per team. They should play with one football. If it pops then they have to keep using it
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Bunch of babies playing with 12 different balls per team. They should play with one football. If it pops then they have to keep using it

I agree.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Since evereybody seems to be fine with cheating maybe the cowboys should have just put some sticky tape or glue on their football so it would have just stayed stuck to Dez's hands.

I mean honestly people are saying that this is not a big deal. Do you see how much of double standard you are allowing here? I its not a big deal to fix the footballs then maybe every team should be able to fix the ball in their favor. The networks can take more commerical breaks while each team gets the ball ready.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
I mean honestly people are saying that this is not a big deal. Do you see how much of double standard you are allowing here? I its not a big deal to fix the footballs then maybe every team should be able to fix the ball in their favor.

This is the point: They do, and the league allows them to do it.

There is one circumstance under which I will buy the idea that this is a real scandal: If evidence emerges showing that the Patriots deflated the balls after the officials approved them. If the Patriots submitted under-inflated balls to the officials, and the officials accepted them, then that just shows that no one really cared until the media went on another feeding frenzy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Solution:

Even better solution: get rid of the psi rule and let each team inflate their own footballs at their quarterback's preference.

Good solution. I was talking about this to a friend who is a former MLB player. He told me how the pitchers used to get the game balls and chew on the laces to make them stand out so they could get more of a cut on them. Play with a regulation ball, but let them adjust it to fit the QB. As I have stated before, I let the air out of our game balls to fit a 10 year old's hand better. It wasn't cheating, it was allowing him to perform at his best.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
I mean honestly people are saying that this is not a big deal. Do you see how much of double standard you are allowing here? I its not a big deal to fix the footballs then maybe every team should be able to fix the ball in their favor.

There is one circumstance under which I will buy the idea that this is a real scandal: If evidence emerges showing that the Patriots deflated the balls after the officials approved them. If the Patriots submitted under-inflated balls to the officials, and the officials accepted them, then that just shows that no one really cared until the media went on another feeding frenzy.

Thats not whats being reported and why havent the NFL just say nothing to see here we approved of the balls?

Seems like they dumped it all on the Patriots.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I am guessing that the league will let this die and say, we tried.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject:

as a colts fan i guess you can say im very disappointed i mean the game itself was a disaster but at the same time losing in that fashion and hearing that they cheated doesnt really surprise me.. the Tuck rule, spy gate, and now this. Since that tuck rule game they have been a classless organization, always have been, always will be (no disrespect to patriot fans in this community, not here to start any e-beef)

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

Thats not whats being reported and why havent the NFL just say nothing to see here we approved of the balls?

Seems like they dumped it all on the Patriots.

I'm not sure what you mean. What isn't being reported?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am guessing that the league will let this die and say, we tried.

Basically.

I can't even work myself up to get outraged over this and I'm a Colts fan.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-124-We-feel-like-we-followed-the-rules/d607eb23-2f67-4da5-aedc-b8bfba8d4c11

Belichick fires back.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Why are they holding press conferences when no new information has come to light? Slow news weekend?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to think this is a media created distraction from what's going on in the world.

Because a story like this shouldn't have gotten this big(even if it involves a team in the SB)

The NFL benefits though because its gripped the nation's interest and it doesn't involve the past issues with Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Irsay's arrest.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I'm starting to think this is a media created distraction from what's going on in the world.

Because a story like this shouldn't have gotten this big(even if it involves a team in the SB)

The NFL benefits though because its gripped the nation's interest and it doesn't involve the past issues with Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Irsay's arrest.

That's what it's all about the NFL. This is SB promotion at it's best. If I were a betting man I'd bet the price for advertisment will be highest ever.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
as a colts fan i guess you can say im very disappointed i mean the game itself was a disaster but at the same time losing in that fashion and hearing that they cheated doesnt really surprise me.. the Tuck rule, spy gate, and now this. Since that tuck rule game they have been a classless organization, always have been, always will be (no disrespect to patriot fans in this community, not here to start any e-beef)

Huh? The tuck rule call was cheating? In what way? It was a lousy rule, but it's not like the Patriots snuck it into the rule book when no one was watching.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Huh? The tuck rule call was cheating? In what way? It was a lousy rule, but it's not like the Patriots snuck it into the rule book when no one was watching.

It was on the books already. I thought it was a bad call. I thought it was a fumble. LINK

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

It was on the books already. I thought it was a bad call. I thought it was a fumble. LINK

No, it was a good call. The rule was bad. The rule was changed only a couple years ago, more than a decade after the tuck rule game.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

the tuck rule game... wow, Adam Vinatieri was divine in that game. goodness... talk about a miracle on the field... first a lousy rule saves Brady's ass, then Vinatieri happened...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lOFlnIUuLg&feature=youtu.be

Who are these bums that SNL has been hiring the last 20 years? Do they even know how to do good imitations? They just stand up and say their lines. They sound nothing like the people they are trying to imitate. I think the last real impression that was dead on was Tiny Fey doing Sarah Palin. That was 7 years ago.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

No, it was a good call. The rule was bad. The rule was changed only a couple years ago, more than a decade after the tuck rule game.

Matter of what you see. I see Tom's arm coming forward, he attempts to stop the motion, loses the ball, try's to regain control, fails and the ball comes lose. By rule that's a fumble.

Upon further review, Woodson knocked the ball out of Tom's hand when he was bringing it back to his body causing a fumble.

The commentators thought it was a fumble as did I.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24
Jump to: