Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Why are they holding press conferences when no new information has come to light? Slow news weekend?

Super Bowl hype.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
as a colts fan i guess you can say im very disappointed i mean the game itself was a disaster but at the same time losing in that fashion and hearing that they cheated doesnt really surprise me.. the Tuck rule, spy gate, and now this. Since that tuck rule game they have been a classless organization, always have been, always will be (no disrespect to patriot fans in this community, not here to start any e-beef)

Huh? The tuck rule call was cheating? In what way? It was a lousy rule, but it's not like the Patriots snuck it into the rule book when no one was watching.

It was on the books already. I thought it was a bad call. I thought it was a fumble. LINK

No, it was a good call. The rule was bad. The rule was changed only a couple years ago, more than a decade after the tuck rule game.

Matter of what you see. I see Tom's arm coming forward, he attempts to stop the motion, loses the ball, try's to regain control, fails and the ball comes lose. By rule that's a fumble.

Upon further review, Woodson knocked the ball out of Tom's hand when he was bringing it back to his body causing a fumble.

The commentators thought it was a fumble as did I.

It's not a fumble. That's why the tuck rule was controversial because everyone thought it should have been a fumble, but the rule said it shouldn't. It didn't help that the referee didn't explain the situation correctly and that the commentators didn't know the rule.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Brady "bringing the ball back to his body" is not enough to make it a fumble. He'd need to complete that action by tucking the ball to his body to stop the sequence of an attempted pass. Thus, it's a correct call. The rule was flawed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
as a colts fan i guess you can say im very disappointed i mean the game itself was a disaster but at the same time losing in that fashion and hearing that they cheated doesnt really surprise me.. the Tuck rule, spy gate, and now this. Since that tuck rule game they have been a classless organization, always have been, always will be (no disrespect to patriot fans in this community, not here to start any e-beef)

Huh? The tuck rule call was cheating? In what way? It was a lousy rule, but it's not like the Patriots snuck it into the rule book when no one was watching.

It was on the books already. I thought it was a bad call. I thought it was a fumble. LINK

No, it was a good call. The rule was bad. The rule was changed only a couple years ago, more than a decade after the tuck rule game.

Matter of what you see. I see Tom's arm coming forward, he attempts to stop the motion, loses the ball, try's to regain control, fails and the ball comes lose. By rule that's a fumble.

Upon further review, Woodson knocked the ball out of Tom's hand when he was bringing it back to his body causing a fumble.

It's not a fumble. That's why the tuck rule was controversial because everyone thought it should have been a fumble, but the rule said it shouldn't. It didn't help that the referee didn't explain the situation correctly and that the commentators didn't know the rule.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Brady "bringing the ball back to his body" is not enough to make it a fumble. He'd need to complete that action by tucking the ball to his body to stop the sequence of an attempted pass. Thus, it's a correct call. The rule was flawed.

Again, it's a matter of what you saw. I saw Woodson hit the ball and knock it out of Brady's hand while he was "bringing it back." That's why I called it a fumble. I say missed call by the refs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Again, it's a matter of what you saw. I saw Woodson hit the ball and knock it out of Brady's hand while he was "bringing it back." That's why I called it a fumble. I say missed call by the refs.

It's not a matter of what I saw, it's about what the rule says. And losing the ball while bringing it back to the body is not enough for it to be a fumble. Read the rule above carefully.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

It's not a matter of what I saw, it's about what the rule says. And losing the ball while bringing it back to the body is not enough for it to be a fumble. Read the rule above carefully.

By rule you're right that's why I posted
Quote:
I say missed call by the refs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:

that makes no sense. how is it a missed call if, by rule, it was correct? i'm a raider fan btw and i'm still upset about that call, but as thousands of people have said over and over, it was the correct call but a terrible rule.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

that makes no sense. how is it a missed call if, by rule, it was correct? i'm a raider fan btw and i'm still upset about that call, but as thousands of people have said over and over, it was the correct call but a terrible rule.

By missed I mean the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand thus to me the rule was negated. e.g. Lin going to the hole, gets hacked no call, missed call.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

Quote:

Report: NFL investigation has “zeroed in” on Patriots locker room attendant

Last week, the NFL released a statement saying they were continuing their investigation into under-inflated footballs used by the Patriots during their AFC Championship game victory over the Colts to determine if the deflation was “the result of deliberate action” by the Patriots.

Coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady both denied any knowledge of what happened and Belichick offered up an explanation via scientific experimentation on Saturday, but Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the league has “zeroed in” on a team employee in their investigation.

Per Glazer, the league has interviewed a Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took footballs from the officials locker room after they had been inspected and approved “to another area on way to field” before the start of the game. There’s reportedly video of this attendant with the balls, although Glazer adds that the league’s investigators are “still gauging” if the attendant, called a “strong person of interest,” had anything to do with the deflation.

The Patriots are on their way to Arizona right now. If anyone’s betting on the first question Belichick gets asked after arrival
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

Quote:

Report: NFL investigation has “zeroed in” on Patriots locker room attendant

Last week, the NFL released a statement saying they were continuing their investigation into under-inflated footballs used by the Patriots during their AFC Championship game victory over the Colts to determine if the deflation was “the result of deliberate action” by the Patriots.

Coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady both denied any knowledge of what happened and Belichick offered up an explanation via scientific experimentation on Saturday, but Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the league has “zeroed in” on a team employee in their investigation.

Per Glazer, the league has interviewed a Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took footballs from the officials locker room after they had been inspected and approved “to another area on way to field” before the start of the game. There’s reportedly video of this attendant with the balls, although Glazer adds that the league’s investigators are “still gauging” if the attendant, called a “strong person of interest,” had anything to do with the deflation.

The Patriots are on their way to Arizona right now. If anyone’s betting on the first question Belichick gets asked after arrival

They actually caught the culprit red-handed: Person of Interest
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If you believe that there's this volcano in Cleveland I want to sell you
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Johnny Volcano hasn't erupted so far.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Source: Gillette Stadium surveillance video shows employee taking 24 footballs into bathroom for roughly 90 seconds http://wp.me/p14QSB-9HaP
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

My friend told me about a Richard Sherman quote on the matter..
Saying his teammate wants to have gold colored cleats. The NFL told him they will suspend him and fine him if he wears them. Who is going to get disciplined for cheating?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6523248
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Source: Gillette Stadium surveillance video shows employee taking 24 footballs into bathroom for roughly 90 seconds http://wp.me/p14QSB-9HaP

This story has officially gone to the crapper.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:

poor guy is gonna lose his job just for doing what he was told.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

This story has officially gone to the crapper.

I suspect this is an NFL red herring. Are we to believe that this employee entered into a cramped men's room with 12 balls, and managed to deflate all the balls to a PSI that Brady likes, all within 90 seconds? That's less than 7 seconds per football. And it has to be done with precision, as a ball with too high a PSI defeats the purpose, and a ball with too low a PSI might not be comfortable to Brady.

I stick with my theory: The NFL refs never really tested the balls with a gauge prior to clearing them for the game. That is why the NFL is foot-dragging with this investigation and that is why they are introducing the red herring as an excuse to keep the investigation phase running. The final report will consist of a series of steps to the inspection process, and gloss over the fact that there was no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

You better go search for your volcano deed. I doubt you obtained clear title.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I am hearing reports of a one armed man being the culprit. Now aint that about a (bleep)? Can you imagine a one armed man deflating 12 footballs in a cramped up stall? That Brady sure is a pisser.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
I am hearing reports of a one armed man being the culprit. Now aint that about a (bleep)? Can you imagine a one armed man deflating 12 footballs in a cramped up stall? That Brady sure is a pisser.

That man also murdered Dr. Richard Kimble's wife.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

That man also murdered Dr. Richard Kimble's wife.

Just isn't right.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

The NFL is trolling us with this one. They arent going to really do anything about it anyway. Its SB time Pats vs seahawks they could give a bleep.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Most likely the Pats employee was deflating 2 balls while in the bathroom....
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Most likely the Pats employee was deflating 2 balls while in the bathroom....

He got off in 90 seconds. That's why the Pat's mascot is a minuteman.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

I just heard that there are 40,000 signatures on a petition that would remove the Pats from the SB and have the Ravens and Colts play to determine the AFC champs. My opinion? Go bang your head against a brick wall. That would be just as valuable a use of your time as trying to put a halt to the SB this Sunday.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 8 of 24
Jump to: