Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

Radiogate didn't beat the Steelers, Josh Scobee and Todd Haley did.

Sobee missed two make-able field goals, 44 and 46 yards wide right.
The Steelers were moving the ball at a great pace on their first possession. For a reason alien to me Tod deviated from what was working so well to a trick play. They lost yards and the game.

21 28 does not reflect how I think the Pats are going to be. Season opener I don't give it a lot of weight.

I pick the Pats to win it all.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

they wont win it all as the games get bigger calls wont go their way like they did in the past NFL isnt gonna allow them to rub it in their face this year
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
they wont win it all as the games get bigger calls wont go their way like they did in the past NFL isnt gonna allow them to rub it in their face this year

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. If what you say is true, how do you think they'll achieve their goals?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. If what you say is true, how do you think they'll achieve their goals?

You could call holding on most plays and pass interference on most plays and a close one here and there on plays that in past used to go their way can turn the tide in close big games
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

I've got a hundred bucks that says the Pats have been listening in on other teams' radios...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I've got a hundred bucks that says the Pats have been listening in on other teams' radios...

They've got a million bucks that says you'll never be able to prove it.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
24 wrote:

I've got a billion that says you may be able to prove it, but the evidence gets lost, destroyed, or tampered with.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
24 wrote:

I've got a billion that says you may be able to prove it, but the evidence gets lost, destroyed, or tampered with.

I've got a Trillion bucks that says even if you had the evidence, Goodell would figure out a way to fumble it away.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The Steelers were moving the ball at a great pace on their first possession. For a reason alien to me Tod deviated from what was working so well to a trick play. They lost yards and the game.

21 28 does not reflect how I think the Pats are going to be. Season opener I don't give it a lot of weight.

You saw something even remotely resembling a Championship defense last night? Because I saw the worse Patriots defense I've seen in over a decade. The Steelers, with a crappy makeshift offensive line, we giving Rothlisberger more time to throw the ball with consistency than I've sen from any line is quite sometime, and the Steelers were able to get to the corners at will. It's a long season, but the Patriots defense has got a LOT of work ahead of them just to achieve a basic level of decent. They showed nothing that makes me believe they could actually achieve being good. No way THAT defense could handle an even better Seahawks offense this year. And Green Bay would shred it like swiss cheese, even with only 1 and a half receivers. I bet Beleichick is already having nightmares thinking of Lynch or Lacy going at the interior line he saw last night.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

You could call holding on most plays and pass interference on most plays and a close one here and there on plays that in past used to go their way can turn the tide in close big games

I don't think the NFL has a that many Tim Donaghy's. Officials would have to get together before games to form a strategy.

The same crew won't officiate all Pats games and crews change personnel.

That would call for different crews with rotating personnel making bad calls against the Pats. That would take almost every official in the game to be involved. I don't think that's going to happen.

If an official is constantly making bad call he'd be in trouble. Officials are rated.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I don't think the NFL has a that many Tim Donaghy's. Officials would have to get together before games to form a strategy.

That would call for different crews with rotating personnel making bad calls against the Pats. That would take almost every official in the game to be involved. I don't think that's going to happen.

Steelers defense was atrocious you have to cover one guy on Patriots and they couldnt find him because he is a small 6'5 250 lol and Patriots defense is atrocious I wouldnt be suprised if they doont even make the playoffs
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Steelers defense was atrocious you have to cover one guy on Patriots and they couldnt find him because he is a small 6'5 250 lol and Patriots defense is atrocious I wouldnt be suprised if they doont even make the playoffs

Gronk ain't no joke. They pissed him off and he took it out on them in the game.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You saw something even remotely resembling a Championship defense last night? Because I saw the worse Patriots defense I've seen in over a decade. The Steelers, with a crappy makeshift offensive line, we giving Rothlisberger more time to throw the ball with consistency than I've sen from any line is quite sometime, and the Steelers were able to get to the corners at will. It's a long season, but the Patriots defense has got a LOT of work ahead of them just to achieve a basic level of decent. They showed nothing that makes me believe they could actually achieve being good. No way THAT defense could handle an even better Seahawks offense this year. And Green Bay would shred it like swiss cheese, even with only 1 and a half receivers. I bet Beleichick is already having nightmares thinking of Lynch or Lacy going at the interior line he saw last night.

I'm counting on Brady and Belichick to be themselves. First game of the season is not a good time to make a call.

I think determination is going to be the factor that pushes the Pats. They have a lot to prove.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
24 wrote:

I've got a Trillion bucks that says even if you had the evidence, Goodell would figure out a way to fumble it away.

Well, that escalated quickly. Inflation is a (bleep).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

* Cheatriots.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
24 wrote:

I've got a Bazilion bucks that the Pats will still get away with it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

There's a good chance that there is a point shaver among the refs. Maybe multiple point shavers. There is way too much money being bet on every game to think that someone hasn't tried. I've heard stories that the NFL Security folks are pretty intense, but a well timed holding or PI call could effectively shave points. I've occasionally wondered whether this is part of the reason for the high turnover of NFL officials -- that they don't want too many guys getting entrenched and they don't want anyone thinking that a blown call will go unnoticed.

Anyway, Super Bowl winners often regress the next season. The Pats will probably have issues this year. So what the heck, let's credit it to Goodell.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Patriots ‘had nothing to do with’ headset issues, NFL says

Quote:
An initial investigation by the NFL has cleared the Patriots of any wrongdoing.

“Based on our review to date, we believe that the audio interference on the Steelers’ headsets last night was entirely attributable to an electrical issue made worse by the inclement weather, that it involved no manipulation by any individual, and that the Patriots had nothing to do with it,” the NFL said in a statement. “The issue was promptly resolved and there were no further problems for the remainder of the game.”

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: NFL reinstates Pats staffers suspended over Deflategate

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/16/nfl-reinstates-pats-staffers-suspended-over-deflategate/

Quote:
NFL reinstates Pats staffers suspended over Deflategate

The Patriots’ request to have John Jastremski and Jim McNally reinstated after they were suspended for their roles in the Deflategate controversy has been granted.

In a statement Wednesday attributed to an NFL spokesperson, the league said the “Patriots have satisfied the league’s requirements for reinstatement and the league has granted permission for the employees to return.”

Jastremski is an equipment staffer and McNally is a locker room attendant. Both men were cited in the Wells report as being involved in tampering with footballs; their text messages and appearance on surveillance video were prominent in the Wells report.

A source told PFT last weekend that the league would not be imposing discipline on either man and that NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent sought a meeting with them not to interrogate them but to discuss their roles going forward.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised Goodell isn't making them wear ankle monitors and cop-style body-cams as a condition for their return.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There's a good chance that there is a point shaver among the refs. Maybe multiple point shavers. There is way too much money being bet on every game to think that someone hasn't tried. I've heard stories that the NFL Security folks are pretty intense, but a well timed holding or PI call could effectively shave points. I've occasionally wondered whether this is part of the reason for the high turnover of NFL officials -- that they don't want too many guys getting entrenched and they don't want anyone thinking that a blown call will go unnoticed.

Anyway, Super Bowl winners often regress the next season. The Pats will probably have issues this year. So what the heck, let's credit it to Goodell.

There may be but it's a chance I wouldn't take.

Every official's performance on every play is reviewed by league staff members with on-field officiating experience.

With the evaluation system in place good grades get officials to the postseason, super bowl etc. Poor calls get them downgraded. I believe enough downgrades will get them terminated.

As I said I don't think there are very many Tim Donaghy's in the NFL.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/25/nfl-nflpa-file-motion-for-oral-arguments-in-appeal-in-january/

Quote:
NFL files motion for Brady appeal oral arguments in January, NFLPA consents

When discussing a report that the NFL still expected Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to serve his Deflategate suspension during the 2015 regular season, Florio pointed out that it was unlikely to happen because there was no briefing schedule set for the appeal of the case.

The NFL later admitted the same, but there may be a schedule in place soon. The league filed a motion, with the NFL Players Association’s consent, asking for an expedited schedule on the appeal. Expediting things based on the requested schedule wouldn’t lead to a decision before the end of the 2015 season, though.

In the proposed schedule, the NFL would file a brief by October 26 and the union would respond by November 7. A response from the league would be due on December 21 and oral arguments would be heard by the Second Circuit in early January of next year.

In the request, passed along by Max Stendahl of Law 360, the two sides argue for the expedited schedule because of the “important and recurring issues associated” with the CBA as well as the desire to know “Mr. Brady’s status” ahead of the 2016 season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

How do you think the NFL office would relay that request to the officials? Would they risk doing so in writing? Or verbally? Once that got out, it would blow up in their faces and Goodell would be done. I really don't think he is that stupid.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't get what the point is in any of this I mean just stop pretending you care about this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/29/appeals-court-wont-hear-brady-case-until-february/

Quote:
Appeals court won’t hear Brady case until February

It’s now official. The Tom Brady suspension litigation will not be resolved during the 2015 season.

Via the Associated Press, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has said that oral arguments won’t happen until February 1 at the earliest. With the Super Bowl set for February 7th, there’s no way a final ruling will be reached before the current football season ends.

Moving forward, the key word is “final.” Beyond the initial decision from a three-judge panel that will be assigned to the case in the Second Circuit, additional levels of appeal are available, culminating in the submission of a petition to the United States Supreme Court. Along the way, the case could be sent back to Judge Richard Berman, who has not ruled on several open questions about the fitness of Commissioner Roger Goodell to serve as the arbitrator in the Brady case.

It therefore remains possible that the Brady case won’t be fully and finally resolved until he has retired. So, like defensive tackle Pat Williams several years in the StarCaps case, Brady eventually could be suspended for games he’d never be playing, anyway.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

Goodell is caught in an episode of Seinfeld, the one where George tells a lie about who he is and goes the full route in playing it out despite knowing his lie will be proven. Goodell is riding this out until it is proven he is an idiot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24
Jump to: