++++ LAKERS @ Suns 1/19/2015 ++++ 7 PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject:

Start Price but sub his gimp ass out 5 mins into the game. Have Kobe overlap with Lin for about 3-4 mins then send Kobe to the bench. When Kobe's in Lin is the spot shooter who pitches in ball handling duties in a pinch, allowing Lin to heat a up bit with some wide open looks from Kobe. Then when Kobe sits Lin gets into attack mode after he's warmed up with Young helping out with spacing (hell i'd throw in Ellington too at SG for more shooting). Lin runs the defense ragged with penetration and around 6 min mark of the 2nd Kobe comes back in, Lin sits and whichever of Young/Ellington is hot stays to help Kobe space the floor. If Kobe is feeling it at PG then dont bother having Price come back in unless the opposing team has too much speed on teh court.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Charisma wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

He did decent PG job which BS likes. But hope he can be more aggressive!

I think that was the plan until the refs decided to join in.

Nobody gets the calls all the time but I often see Lin get slammed, often to the ground and NOTHING. Then I watch a Rocket game and Harden throwns his arms into the defender and gets foul shots. Its crazy man.

At some point you've got to wonder if Lin's lack of respect from refs is becoming a permanent liability.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

how has to please every ego in the team, according to BS,
if you put Lin in Suns, he would be just as good as those three...

He doesn't shoot as well as Dragic or IT, but he facilitates well. Lin would be productive in that system and look good but Dragic is more mature, efficient, smoother.
does IT play well against anyone else other than the Lakers?

IT plays okay. I just looked up his stats. JLin are pretty much the same in FG% and 3pt%. Dragic's are definitely better but on a team coached as well as the Suns both IT and Dragic get numerous transition layups and easy open look kickout 3s. They are a fun team to watch. Because of his quickness Lin was able to make a few easy layups last night but it also looked like at times he was playing 1 on 4. Fortunately NY was smart last night moving without the ball to get open in the corner. Young finally shot well so JLin had 10 assists. If NY had a bad game Lin would have only had 4 or 5
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Start Price but sub his gimp ass out 5 mins into the game. Have Kobe overlap with Lin for about 3-4 mins then send Kobe to the bench. When Kobe's in Lin is the spot shooter who pitches in ball handling duties in a pinch, allowing Lin to heat a up bit with some wide open looks from Kobe. Then when Kobe sits Lin gets into attack mode after he's warmed up with Young helping out with spacing (hell i'd throw in Ellington too at SG for more shooting). Lin runs the defense ragged with penetration and around 6 min mark of the 2nd Kobe comes back in, Lin sits and whichever of Young/Ellington is hot stays to help Kobe space the floor. If Kobe is feeling it at PG then dont bother having Price come back in unless the opposing team has too much speed on teh court.

LOL. You're asking for actually strategy. Makes perfect sense. If Lin plays too much time with Kobe it kills his game cause Kobe slows the game down. However Lin is one of the best 3 pt shooters on the team so not getting him a few more open looks a game is nuts. Then with Lin on the court with NY and Ellington, both great 3 pt shooters and good in transition it should help Lin's game at the rim.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

how has to please every ego in the team, according to BS,
if you put Lin in Suns, he would be just as good as those three...

He doesn't shoot as well as Dragic or IT, but he facilitates well. Lin would be productive in that system and look good but Dragic is more mature, efficient, smoother.
does IT play well against anyone else other than the Lakers?

IT plays okay. I just looked up his stats. JLin are pretty much the same in FG% and 3pt%. Dragic's are definitely better but on a team coached as well as the Suns both IT and Dragic get numerous transition layups and easy open look kickout 3s. They are a fun team to watch. Because of his quickness Lin was able to make a few easy layups last night but it also looked like at times he was playing 1 on 4. Fortunately NY was smart last night moving without the ball to get open in the corner. Young finally shot well so JLin had 10 assists. If NY had a bad game Lin would have only had 4 or 5

IT plays OK. That's right. There's a lot of the grass is greener stuff on another Laker forum about IT. But one thing is for sure that IT and Dragic take more shots than Lin. I think Lin should take 3-5 more shots a game.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Charisma wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

Nobody gets the calls all the time but I often see Lin get slammed, often to the ground and NOTHING. Then I watch a Rocket game and Harden throwns his arms into the defender and gets foul shots. Its crazy man.

At some point you've got to wonder if Lin's lack of respect from refs is becoming a permanent liability.

Only the pretty lady referee in Lakers vs Magic game was treat Lin fairly.

philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

Hope he can take more shots for himself. Several time he can take shots but he passed them. I guess that's what BS wanted him to do.

I think he is trying to be a PG, facilitating, getting the rest of the team into a flow. With the short minutes for a while and playing with Kobe he HAS to take a back seat per BS.

In the 4th quarter in this game, the Lakers needed to shoot there way back into the game via 3ptrs, and Nick was shooting well...so Lin focused on feeding him instead of looking for his own shot. Good decision by him to go to the hot hand...
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:
catman2u wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

Hope he can take more shots for himself. Several time he can take shots but he passed them. I guess that's what BS wanted him to do.

I think he is trying to be a PG, facilitating, getting the rest of the team into a flow. With the short minutes for a while and playing with Kobe he HAS to take a back seat per BS.

In the 4th quarter in this game, the Lakers needed to shoot there way back into the game via 3ptrs, and Nick was shooting well...so Lin focused on feeding him instead of looking for his own shot. Good decision by him to go to the hot hand...

Lin played superbly. Byron has to play Lin 30 minutes a game and tell him don't defer to anyone, including Kobe. Period. He won't always play superbly but neither does anyone else on the team. And I hope Young learned that Lin finding him is better than him dribbling and chucking. And if he didn't, maybe Byron can show him the tape though I'm not holding my breath on that.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
The team looked half-assed in general.

I saw there was some pretend movement out there. But guys weren't committing. They would kind of go somewhere and then not follow through.

There were often opportunities where you could see the chance for as many as 3 picks being run in a possession... but no real picks were set. Just getting somewhere in the vicinity and then backing off.

It's like running lines and then getting about a foot away from the line and starting to run back thinking, "close enough."

Yes exactly, I was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder what happens in practices, and it also reminds me of what Boozer said after he was benched in November.

Quote:
“In Chicago with Thibs, we drilled our defensive rotation every day. Every day. In the morning at shootaround, practice day – it’d obviously be a lot longer on the practice day. But every day, we drilled it to make sure we know where we were supposed to be at, what we were going to do.”

And in Los Angeles?

“We talk about it a lot,” Boozer said.
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
philnyc wrote:
catman2u wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

Lin played superbly. Byron has to play Lin 30 minutes a game and tell him don't defer to anyone, including Kobe. Period. He won't always play superbly but neither does anyone else on the team. And I hope Young learned that Lin finding him is better than him dribbling and chucking. And if he didn't, maybe Byron can show him the tape though I'm not holding my breath on that.

"Superbly" is a bit strong, but I agree he played well.
PPP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Charisma wrote:
fafan wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
fafan wrote:
Lin had double-double?

He had a nice game

I'm not so sure had BS ever arguing those calls/non calls for his players at all. If your head coach has no respect of you, that's what would happen, imo.
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Sadly it is starting to become a liability. However the shafting on calls REALLY became noticable when the whole bruhaha of Lin going to the bench, note Lin was getting alot of FTs early in the season from his aggressive attacking. It's like when Scott lost all respect for Lin the refs all followed suit and started to treat Lin like a rookie scrub. This is when a coach needs to speak up saying how crap it is for any of his players to be treated in such a way, unfortunately i think he'd only do that if its just for his boy Price, who since he doesnt drive much rarely gets FTs anyway.

Yea the calls were especially egregious when Lin was getting noticeably hacked or pushed and Bledsoe just needs to flop a wee bit and gets calls.
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Sadly it is starting to become a liability. However the shafting on calls REALLY became noticable when the whole bruhaha of Lin going to the bench, note Lin was getting alot of FTs early in the season from his aggressive attacking. It's like when Scott lost all respect for Lin the refs all followed suit and started to treat Lin like a rookie scrub. This is when a coach needs to speak up saying how crap it is for any of his players to be treated in such a way, unfortunately i think he'd only do that if its just for his boy Price, who since he doesnt drive much rarely gets FTs anyway.

Yea the calls were especially egregious when Lin was getting noticeably hacked or pushed and Bledsoe just needs to flop a wee bit and gets calls.

The running joke in Houston was that Lin played his best after getting knocked in the head in a game with no call.
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

He had that one drive, after that no call hack on him that led to a turnover, where he was going strong to the rim and was gonna run any fool that was in his way over. That was ballsy (bleep) since even if he did get murdered mid air there's a 50/50 chance the refs wont blow the whistle.

Despite knowing that, he still put his body on the line and committed. It's just completely ludicrous how Scott even hints that Lin isn't tough or some (bleep), most players when they know they arent getting calls just shy away from the paint and jumpshoot the rest of the game.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................4-2
diando..............................3-4
K0BEE 2.0.........................4-9
TDRock.............................1-1
chazz................................0-1
Laker Intervention.............0-1
zePokar............................0-1
jlinfan...............................0-4
Don Draper.......................0-2
eddiejonze........................0-2
Jocinetu............................0-1
joedanvan22.....................0-1
danzag.............................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
He had that one drive, after that no call hack on him that led to a turnover, where he was going strong to the rim and was gonna run any fool that was in his way over. That was ballsy (bleep) since even if he did get murdered mid air there's a 50/50 chance the refs wont blow the whistle.

Despite knowing that, he still put his body on the line and committed. It's just completely ludicrous how Scott even hints that Lin isn't tough or some (bleep), most players when they know they arent getting calls just shy away from the paint and jumpshoot the rest of the game.

You can tell that even on that play, the refs didn't want to call it despite the mid-air tackle, until it became a dogpile on the floor.
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject:

Yea, i was shocked he wasn't called for a charge for how violent that collision was. We all saw how mad Lin was and he was gonna force the issue no matter what. With the amount of disrespect he gets i wouldn't be shocked if he gets punched in the face that he'd get called for fouling someone's fist with his face.

But i like seeing this fire and hopes he keeps building on it and plays with a chip on his shoulder. At least it shows that he cares. Just less silly passes, shooter/finish better, and play smart defense, then his season can be counted as a success no matter his stats from a personal growth standpoint.
DanAng
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

GEESH Refs, did you have to make it so obvious?!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: