LAKERS -at- PELICANS - 1-21-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DB - again, another great and much appreciated work

These players try hard and have talent to be in the NBA as good complimentary players.

They have not acquired/learned this ability

Be at your best when the best is required
(~ John Wooden
We see a coach play a legend with one arm. We see a coach have a guy not play at all for a game for no apparent reason (Kelly). We see a coach play a player who was ineffective for 27 minutes (Price) while resting an effective player too long seeming to get him out of rhythm (Lin). The list goes on and on and DB has already indicated, the coach is the tank commander.
Are BScott's comments on the following valid

Kobe playing with one arm
Kobe told BScott he was ok, BScott pulled him when he saw he was doing everything with his left hand

RKelly
It was a bad mismatch playing against David

JLin & Price
Even though JLin got 4 steals, he was not making an pact. Price was playing more because he works well with Kobe

Team definitely does not know to close. Players execute in the first half (most times, but at the close of the game - careless mistakes and general tightness happen when opposing start applying more intensity during crunch time.
how many possessions scott saw from kobe before he pulled kobe? I counted 5, that's just stupid. How about fouling somebody after kobe made a left handed hook? no

how about calling a timeout when kobe brings up the ball only using his left hand? no

only to pull kobe after his left hand hook was blocked, how can a coach be that stupid?

well, I can't believe people are still trying to defend scott.
Not defending or hating

He directly addressed the Kobe situation at his post game conference.

Understand your views of BScott. The reporters and the TW reporters did not have a problem (note: in anticipation of your reply that they are "homers" - they have disagreed with BScott in the past.)
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

These players try hard and have talent to be in the NBA as good complimentary players.

(~ John Wooden
We see a coach play a legend with one arm. We see a coach have a guy not play at all for a game for no apparent reason (Kelly). We see a coach play a player who was ineffective for 27 minutes (Price) while resting an effective player too long seeming to get him out of rhythm (Lin). The list goes on and on and DB has already indicated, the coach is the tank commander.

Kobe told BScott he was ok, BScott pulled him when he saw he was doing everything with his left hand

RKelly

JLin & Price
Even though JLin got 4 steals, he was not making an pact. Price was playing more because he works well with Kobe

Team definitely does not know to close. Players execute in the first half (most times, but at the close of the game - careless mistakes and general tightness happen when opposing start applying more intensity during crunch time.
how many possessions scott saw from kobe before he pulled kobe? I counted 5, that's just stupid. How about fouling somebody after kobe made a left handed hook? no

how about calling a timeout when kobe brings up the ball only using his left hand? no

only to pull kobe after his left hand hook was blocked, how can a coach be that stupid?

Not defending or hating

Understand your views of BScott. The reporters and the TW reporters did not have a problem (note: in anticipation of your reply that they are "homers" - they have disagreed with BScott in the past.)

how about your views? just say you're agreeing with the reporters and no further explanation needed. I'm cool with that
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

how about your views? just say you're agreeing with the reporters and no further explanation needed. I'm cool with that
i am of the opinion that informed views from people much closer to the situation and have a far greater basketball expertise would be much more useful.

Even though it is now a moot point, I would like to update a past assessment and say that Price is a better fit than JLin.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

i am of the opinion that informed views from people much closer to the situation and have a far greater basketball expertise would be much more useful.

Even though it is now a moot point, I would like to update a past assessment and say that Price is a better fit than JLin.

what is there to update? it doesn't matter now like you said. But I'd say price is playing no matter what with scott coaching.
just watch.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

There are multiple ways to interpret fit.
Someone are saying that playing with a ball dominate SG will reduce Lin's production. That is "fit" from Lin's perspective. The questions is then whether Lin, despite being a poor fit, is doing a better job than Price, regardless of their potential.
The other part is whether Lin or Price is a better fit in terms of impact on the rest of the guys. For example, is Price better at creating spacing for Kobe?
So far, I would say in both cases, Lin is better.
The third opinion is to compare Lin as starter + Price at bench with Price at starter + Lin as bench. I think so far the second option is doing better simply because Price has zero output as a bench and Kobe is dominating the offense of the starters. But the key is that there are alternatives: Lin at stater + JC at bench, Lin as bench with 30 minutes with JC/Price as starter with 20 minutes. in any case, this is pointless now since Price is now the posterchild of BScott's tough defense...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
DB I can't hold back and must speak the truth!

Your write ups suck! Can you write up more wins instead of always reporting that the Lakers lost?

Is that too much to ask?!?

Here you go:

NEWS FROM NORTH KOREA CENTRAL BASKETBALL AGENCY

Kobe Bryant, first secretary of the Basketball Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Basketball Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Hoop Universe, provided a sensational basketball exhibit to the many adoring fans of our beloved basketball leader.

Men and women wept in happiness as the Lakers won 116-0 as Kobe scored all 116 points, shooting a perfect 40-40 (20-20 from three and 16-16 from the freethrow line). He scored 58 points with his right hand and 58 points with his left hand demonstrating equal mastery.

He earnestly called upon the basketball sector to improve the quality of their basketball and to raise an epochal hot wind of production offensively. He also expressed tremendous desire to translate his passion into the reality of every man, woman and child without fail.

Rumors of an injury to Kobe were quickly proven to be capitalist propaganda. It is physically impossible for Kobe to be injured because of the supreme efficiency of his muscles and strength of bones.

Kobe improved the Lakers record in this glorious season to 43-0.
Inigo Montoya
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Your write ups suck! Can you write up more wins instead of always reporting that the Lakers lost?

Here you go:

Kobe Bryant, first secretary of the Basketball Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Basketball Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Hoop Universe, provided a sensational basketball exhibit to the many adoring fans of our beloved basketball leader.

Men and women wept in happiness as the Lakers won 116-0 as Kobe scored all 116 points, shooting a perfect 40-40 (20-20 from three and 16-16 from the freethrow line). He scored 58 points with his right hand and 58 points with his left hand demonstrating equal mastery.

He earnestly called upon the basketball sector to improve the quality of their basketball and to raise an epochal hot wind of production offensively. He also expressed tremendous desire to translate his passion into the reality of every man, woman and child without fail.

Rumors of an injury to Kobe were quickly proven to be capitalist propaganda. It is physically impossible for Kobe to be injured because of the supreme efficiency of his muscles and strength of bones.

No no, quickly retract this story before it is seen. This was the assist game, in which our leader eschewed scoring in order to lift up his team. Each of the players privileged to play the full 48 minutes with him received 14 golden basket opportunities, all of which were successfully converted as none were more than 2 feet from the rim. The final score, 112 to 0, was a tribute to his skilled passing.

Kobe Bryant, in his munificence, would have remained scoreless but for a technical foul called on an opposing player. All the team members begged him to take the single shot, which he did. The arena erupted in cheers for his single shining point, shot left handed.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

LMAO, here is the sequel: DancingBarry of LG has been nominated for the National Sportswriter of the Year for his excellent write up and insight! He has covered the LA Lakers out of Orange County for the past 15 years!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Alloy wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

Someone are saying that playing with a ball dominate SG will reduce Lin's production. That is "fit" from Lin's perspective. The questions is then whether Lin, despite being a poor fit, is doing a better job than Price, regardless of their potential.
The other part is whether Lin or Price is a better fit in terms of impact on the rest of the guys. For example, is Price better at creating spacing for Kobe?
The third opinion is to compare Lin as starter + Price at bench with Price at starter + Lin as bench. I think so far the second option is doing better simply because Price has zero output as a bench and Kobe is dominating the offense of the starters. But the key is that there are alternatives: Lin at stater + JC at bench, Lin as bench with 30 minutes with JC/Price as starter with 20 minutes. in any case, this is pointless now since Price is now the posterchild of BScott's tough defense...
There are other options, though not expecting it to change your perspective that JLin should start, whether he is producing or not - consistently

JLin seemingly has much more space playing with Boozer and Swaggy while playing against the opposing team's second string players. Sadly, he has not been consistent. Claiming that he has better offensive stats does not mean that one can assume he is playing better for the team.

Jordan is/has not been a viable PG option since he was still learning the PG position.

Price's effort on D has been consistent and generally effective. His offensive deficiencies are well known and the reason why he was available.

FO was hoping that JLin was the answer because an effective PG would make life much easier and effective for the other players on the court

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeles-lakers&id=40998&city=losangeles
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

Hahahahaha.. You've got a gift, my friend. Well done.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Alloy wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

that is a very good assessment.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Alloy wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

There are other options, though not expecting it to change your perspective that JLin should start, whether he is producing or not - consistently

JLin seemingly has much more space playing with Boozer and Swaggy while playing against the opposing team's second string players. Sadly, he has not been consistent. Claiming that he has better offensive stats does not mean that one can assume he is playing better for the team.

Jordan is/has not been a viable PG option since he was still learning the PG position.

Price's effort on D has been consistently aggressive. His offensive deficiencies are well known hence the reason why he was available.

FO was hoping that JLin was the answer because an effective PG would make life much easier and effective for the other players on the court. Often the lights of Lakerland can be too bright (see players like Dwight Howard to others like Glenn Rice). It would have been great if JLin was half as effective as CP3 was in BScott's same system

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeles-lakers&id=40998&city=losangeles
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Inigo Montoya wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

No no, quickly retract this story before it is seen. This was the assist game, in which our leader eschewed scoring in order to lift up his team. Each of the players privileged to play the full 48 minutes with him received 14 golden basket opportunities, all of which were successfully converted as none were more than 2 feet from the rim. The final score, 112 to 0, was a tribute to his skilled passing.

Kobe Bryant, in his munificence, would have remained scoreless but for a technical foul called on an opposing player. All the team members begged him to take the single shot, which he did. The arena erupted in cheers for his single shining point, shot left handed.

You are both very good at this.
Maybe too good, hmmm, my talented comrades?
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

Whoa! Coming from North Korea, why did I not hear about this?
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

That is much better indeed.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

JLin & Price
Except that Kobe was pulled one minute before the end of the game. When it was all over.

Except that Lin was the only Laker with a positive +/- effect today.
Understand your comment about Kobe, did you not believe BScott's post game remarks

JLin, along with the others, played with effort and had results that filled up the stat sheet. Did they played their best when the best was required - no, they have not yet learned that ability. Do you think Pop and the Spurs care about the individual stat sheets?

I don't care about individual statistics either. Except for that there is a one-to-one relationship between wins and a +/- stat. If the team as a total is negative.... You know.
But the stats can tell you a story. And this time (like in many others this season) you can not say that Price had better effect on the game than Lin. The evidence is just contrary.

And as of Scott - you are right. I do not believe in his post-game commentary. He did not pull Kobe after he saw him injured. He pulled him after the game was over.
Or - if it took him so long to see that Kobe can not play, he is just blind/incompetent.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

JLin & Price
Except that Kobe was pulled one minute before the end of the game. When it was all over.

Understand your comment about Kobe, did you not believe BScott's post game remarks

JLin, along with the others, played with effort and had results that filled up the stat sheet. Did they played their best when the best was required - no, they have not yet learned that ability. Do you think Pop and the Spurs care about the individual stat sheets?
I don't care about individual statistics either. Except for that there is a one-to-one relationship between wins and a +/- stat. If the team as a total is negative.... You know.
But the stats can tell you a story. And this time (like in many others this season) you can not say that Price had better effect on the game than Lin. The evidence is just contrary.

And as of Scott - you are right. I do not believe in his post-game commentary. He did not pull Kobe after he saw him injured. He pulled him after the game was over.
Or - if it took him so long to see that Kobe can not play, he is just blind/incompetent.
I am not trying to change your views

Does JLin have more talent and potential upside than Price - yes. He suffers from the inability to be at his best when the best is required. This talented player who can/has fill up a stat sheet often gets sloppy, unable to close and/or have TOs at the worst time. Look forward to reviewing your submitted stats of JLin's performances/PER in the fourth quarter

Is Price a better PG than JLim - no. Since Kobe was the de facto PG, his deficiencies as a penetrator/shooter were only shown up in a limited fashion. Since his responsibilities starts with defending the opposing PGSs, having a consistent defender was the #1 need.

JLin should have thrived having Boozer and Swaggy as his shooters while playing against the opposing team's subs. Boozer and Swaggy did. There were no bugs clogging up the paint and defenders had to respect Boozer/Swaggy's outside shooting. Look forward to your explanations or excuses

As my just posted link confirmed, JLin has not shown the consistency or efficiency to be next year's (or this year's) starting PG. Understand that your views are contrary to the ESPN beat writers, Big Game James, Coop and Big Shot Rob.

With Kobe out for a number of games, JLin has yet another opportunity. Do you think that he will take advantage of this opportunity?
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Alloy wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

(~ John Wooden

RKelly

JLin & Price

Not defending or hating

Price's effort on D has been consistent and generally effective. His offensive deficiencies are well known and the reason why he was available.

FO was hoping that JLin was the answer because an effective PG would make life much easier and effective for the other players on the court

I am not saying Lin is a viable PG. I am saying that he is a better PG than Price.

In terms of offense, is Lin doing a better job than Price?

Defense wise, individual defense number suggests that Lin is at least on par with Price. There have been numerous posts about that. But we could go back and forth about that all day.

If Lin is still learning to do a PG job, why not play him or JC. We won't see much development from Price any way, so what is the reason to continue play him? You can not say: we expect him to be bad so it is ok that he is bad at least he is consistent...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject:

Hmm.. T&R thread. AMC comes in and says something critical of Lin, and 10 guys jump in for the rebuttal. For some reason, this all seems very familiar.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

JLin & Price

Does JLin have more talent and potential upside than Price - yes. He suffers from the inability to be at his best when the best is required. This talented player who can/has fill up a stat sheet often gets sloppy, unable to close and/or have TOs at the worst time. Look forward to reviewing your submitted stats of JLin's performances/PER in the fourth quarter

Is Price a better PG than JLim - no. Since Kobe was the de facto PG, his deficiencies as a penetrator/shooter were only shown up in a limited fashion. Since his responsibilities starts with defending the opposing PGSs, having a consistent defender was the #1 need.

JLin should have thrived having Boozer and Swaggy as his shooters while playing against the opposing team's subs. Boozer and Swaggy did. There were no bugs clogging up the paint and defenders had to respect Boozer/Swaggy's outside shooting. Look forward to your explanations or excuses

As my just posted link confirmed, JLin has not shown the consistency or efficiency to be next year's (or this year's) starting PG. Understand that your views are contrary to the ESPN beat writers, Big Game James, Coop and Big Shot Rob.

With Kobe out for a number of games, JLin has yet another opportunity. Do you think that he will take advantage of this opportunity?

Has Ronnie price show the consistency required for a Starting PG? Well, his offense is consistently bad. His defense is nowhere good and his one on one defense is simply horrible: he really struggle to stay with his man. He puts a lot of effort but his footwork is way too slow. I would argue Lin has been at least as good as Price lately. But hey, BScott, who has made lakers one of the worst defense team, says he is good.. On the other hand, Price gets blown by the opposing PG all the time... Even Bscott could not say concretely what Price is good at... except being tough and hate losing???
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

Alloy wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

JLin & Price

Has Ronnie price show the consistency required for a Starting PG? Well, his offense is consistently bad. His defense is nowhere good and his one on one defense is simply horrible: he really struggle to stay with his man. He puts a lot of effort but his footwork is way too slow. I would argue Lin has been at least as good as Price lately. But hey, BScott, who has made lakers one of the worst defense team, says he is good.. On the other hand, Price gets blown by the opposing PG all the time... Even Bscott could not say concretely what Price is good at... except being tough and hate losing???
as shared repeatedly - not trying to change your views, understand that you are a Price hater, that you disagree with all the basketball pundits, did not respond to the comments made in the video link that was posted by myself, noted that you didn't addressed key questions that I respectfully submitted for your consideration and that you feel that JLin should be starting despite his many previous opportunities. Which NBA team do you think that JLin can be the starting PG? Will he be the next Ramon Sessions?

I am sure that any player whose stat sheet that does not meet your standards should be relegated to the bench. As a result, I expect that you would place Kobe at the end of the bench because of his numbers documented at http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=statsinfo&id=101783&city=losangeles

Most people would want people who are tough-minded and hate losing. He sounds like The Black Mamba and has occasionally took personal responsibility of his failings.

It has been fun going back and forth. it is time to discuss something more important than 2 PGs who definitely won't be starting for the Lakers next season - they might not even be on the roster
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Hmm.. T&R thread. AMC comes in and says something critical of Lin, and 10 guys jump in for the rebuttal. For some reason, this all seems very familiar.

But this debate is exactly about T&R.

Is Scott right that Price should be rated better than Lin?

How should we rate Scott's decision to play Price more than Lin and Clarkson not at all?

All valid questions.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Here you go:

DB....the only reason Kobe score 116 is that Swaggy let him take the technical foul shot late in the 1st qtr.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
But this debate is exactly about T&R.

Is Scott right that Price should be rated better than Lin?

How should we rate Scott's decision to play Price more than Lin and Clarkson not at all?

All valid questions.
It is great that JLin has many fans and I (personally) hope that he does well

Clarkson shows great promise but needed to learn the system. That is why he was sent down to the D League for awhile

To repeat what was stated before, maybe having lead the bench was also for JLin's benefit - like it was for Swaggy and Boozer - funny that the clamor for them to be in the starting lineup is seemingly non-existent

BScott has already shown that he will have the players that are playing well to finish games - even JLin.

Curious to learn if the posters that are addressing my comments feel that JLin should be the Lakers' staring PG next year and at what price - along with addressing the reasons why the Lakers won't resign him (as mentioned at the above-listed link of the ESPN article that included the views of their experts)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: