Kobe Done w/ Season-Ending Surgery - Out for 9 Months (pg 24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
When does the Dodger season start?

Exactly I can't take any more of this crap, time to put the Lakers in hibernation until Jimbo gives up the team, or they sell it to someone who knows what they're doing.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Book it Kobe comes back next year as a left handed sharp shooter. I mean honestly would anyone be surprised?

I would be pleasantly surprised if he comes back next year. I was one of those that was hoping he could come b ack and be at least mostly healthy this year. It hasn't worked out for him with having the past 3 years end because of insane injury. 36 years old, 19 years in the league, more mileage than anyone in the league. I hope he comes back for another year.

I'll be honest though. Laker basketball has been utterly depressing for awhile now. This summer they need to make some significant magic wand type moves to improve the team because it sucks watching a Hall of Fame top 5 greatest players ever go out like this. After seeing all these years of greatness turn into injury years, it sucks.

I hope he makes a recovery, gets a solid team around him and goes at it for one more title run.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Time for this team to hit rock bottom, nothing will happen until it does. As for Kobe his body has just said "I quit". Like Nash he has to look within and call it a career for himself and for the team. Hopefully they don't waste the summer like they did the last, and start adding some talent.
Home runs are not going to happen in the current CBA, so the FO has to realize they may have to be mediocre for awhile, but not a bottom feeder.
Mediocracy is not as bad as it sounds at least it keeps the fans interested, but not even Kobe made this team interesting.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Brutal, but hopefully he comes back healthy and able to play 70+ games next year so we can watch him once more.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

They look like a expansion team right now. Only positive is that we may have 2 high first round players on the roster next year. I'm not counting on any free agents coming to LA since the current regime has failed in most recent year(s) to attract any worth mentioning.

Tank hard and hope we get lucky...
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Time for this team to hit rock bottom, nothing will happen until it does. As for Kobe his body has just said "I quit". Like Nash he has to look within and call it a career for himself and for the team. Hopefully they don't waste the summer like they did the last, and start adding some talent.
Home runs are not going to happen in the current CBA, so the FO has to realize they may have to be mediocre for awhile, but not a bottom feeder.
Mediocracy is not as bad as it sounds at least it keeps the fans interested, but not even Kobe made this team interesting.

I don't know if I share the same sentiment of being mediocre - and I say this not because we as Laker fans are generally spoiled when it comes to having success as a franchise.

By being mediocre and middle of the pack, you're not affording yourself opportunities to actually retool and rebuild. By sneaking into the playoffs as an 8 seed, you're in all likelihood welcoming a first round exit and a back half of the first round draft pick. In essence, continued mediocrity doesn't get the wheels turning unless you get that 'home run' piece to get you over the top.

As such, I think it's important that you hit rock bottom (like the Lakers have these past couple years) and trust that management can put it all together as a collective unit that can be competitive and hopefully, make some noise for years to come.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan · 12m 12 minutes ago
Those around Kobe say he is definitively coming back to play next season. Doesn't want to go out like this.

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan · 11m 11 minutes ago
Source: Kobe will also be active in free-agent recruiting for the Lakers, including pitches to possible future teammates in July.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, the season-ending injury didn't surprise me, as I figured there's a reason few wings play long at his age, but two things this season did surprise me:

- Kobe's play was better than I anticipated as the likeliest case
- B-Scott's blundering overuse of the man was a shock, especially in light of the famous pre-season announced plan to insist on resting him regularly. Scott ran Kobe into the ground, going far beyond (34.5 mpg !) anyone's reasonable expectations of an old wing's ceiling for sustained play.

That's a helluva blown decision tree for their $23M.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Quote:
Those around Kobe say he is definitively coming back to play next season. Doesn't want to go out like this.

Quote:
Source: Kobe will also be active in free-agent recruiting for the Lakers, including pitches to possible future teammates in July.

Kobe wants to go for a 4 peat as in 4 season ending injuries in a row?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
kwase wrote:
When does the Dodger season start?

Exactly I can't take any more of this crap, time to put the Lakers in hibernation until Jimbo gives up the team, or they sell it to someone who knows what they're doing.

The thing that sucks with the Dodgers, is even if they went 162-0, its the playoffs where the Dodgers season really starts. So, yah, that's how that one goes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for posting.

Get healthy Bean!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheFranchise#24MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

A little cynical in these threads about Kobe, no?

Don't stop believing in the man. The majority had NO faith in him to start this season, and remarkably he shut a lot of people up.

I hope Kobe comes back stronger, better and gives us more than just one season.

"Know this above all else....Fully use every point, moment, and hour that you have. Time waits for no man...."

HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

he better stay in shape, B. Scott will play him the entire 1st quarter next season like nothing happened...

I hope this isn't a slow motion trainwreck, is Mitch going to go for an all-in, one season fix with a 37 year old Kobe with a couple of max guys and mediocrity all around them or is he going to build an actual team that will continue to improve after Kobe retires?
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Three freakin' season-ending injuries in a row.

FML

Get well, Kobes.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
he better stay in shape, B. Scott will play him the entire 1st quarter next season like nothing happened...

I hope this isn't a slow motion trainwreck, is Mitch going to go for an all-in, one season fix with a 37 year old Kobe with a couple of max guys and mediocrity all around them or is he going to build an actual team that will continue to improve after Kobe retires?

This is what I'm afraid of...I hate to be stuck with a Rondo for 3 to 4 years handcuffing ourselves because Kobe recruited him here on his way out. Let us do this thing right...strip it down, draft well, and pursue FA's that will make the best 'fit' not just a 'name', please.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That is my fear
zeroakuma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Just retire already
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Man, in two full seasons, 41 out of a possible 162 games.

I'm really rooting for Kobe to come back strong next season, but it's going to be hard to see him playing more than 50-55 games next year.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

dablackmamba wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:

I don't know if I share the same sentiment of being mediocre - and I say this not because we as Laker fans are generally spoiled when it comes to having success as a franchise.

By being mediocre and middle of the pack, you're not affording yourself opportunities to actually retool and rebuild. By sneaking into the playoffs as an 8 seed, you're in all likelihood welcoming a first round exit and a back half of the first round draft pick. In essence, continued mediocrity doesn't get the wheels turning unless you get that 'home run' piece to get you over the top.

As such, I think it's important that you hit rock bottom (like the Lakers have these past couple years) and trust that management can put it all together as a collective unit that can be competitive and hopefully, make some noise for years to come.

By sneaking in the playoffs at least you're telling FA's that there's movement in a positive way, and with a move and a piece here and there you could break the top. By being a bottom feeder year after year, looking for a lottery crap shoot, and playing with one year contract players, you're showing the FA world that you as a manager have no idea how to put a team together.

Last edited by LoyalLakerfan44 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm really rooting for Kobe to come back strong next season, but it's going to be hard to see him playing more than 50-55 games next year.

I am torn. If you can guarantee he plays 65+ games, then I hope he comes back. Less than that, then I want him to retire.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I am torn. If you can guarantee he plays 65+ games, then I hope he comes back. Less than that, then I want him to retire.

I agree. The thing is, I just don't believe that Kobe can come back and look like Kobe. That's a lot of time away from the game for what will be a 37 year old. This just sucks.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't want a Kobe that plays once every three games, that is disruptive and puts any positive movement for this team on hold. If he feels he cannot perform at least 75% Kobe level it's best for him to retire.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hate to agree with you but I do.
shoulder doc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Kobe should be expected to make a full recovery in his shoulder. The rotator cuff once fixed should not be a major problem for a basketball player. The real issue is the cumulative effect of multiple injuries over the past years in an aging body.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28
Jump to: