Lineup rest of the year without Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
yeah, time to chuck this season and tank for the next 20 some odd games with The Head of the Snake playing 30+ minutes. After that the rookies can close out the season. Trade Jordan Hill and Nash's contract for whatever youth they will bring. If somebody will give us something for Ed Davis, why not? He's easily replaceable too. Same w/Wes Johnson. If somebody offers a 2nd round pick in 2025 TAKE IT, the dude isn't even worth that.

Lin won't be here next year, trade him if you can. Ellington needs to shave his head, he looks a lot older than he is. If he shaves his head, he can stay... Ryan Kelly and Clarkson can stay and Swaggy will be staying. Maybe Tarik Black?

Boozer? Boozer's contract expires after the season - Chicago is paying most of it, I think. He might be worth keeping around at a greatly reduced rate - to help Julius Randle develop.

Besides that, Mitch... GO FIND SOME BODIES, some NBA bodies, not DLeague bodies... hopefully a few of them will be more elite? not just physically but mentally... ahem! Wes Johnson...

Actually most of our guys have the best contracts for our situation . Unless we get a top level player or a pick and similar contact, it doesn't make sense to trade anybody.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I disagree, all of our players are easily replaceable so if we can flip them for another throwaway player, even if that player is under contract for next season, if taking back that player in trade also brings us a reasonably high 2nd round pick OR in a bigger trade, a pick anywhere in the first round, like when we absorbed Jeremy Lin to get the first rounder, I'm all for it.

We can easily tank with other crappy players Just play the Snake all day, every day, 40 minutes/game and demoralize the players that remain by dumping all their friends like Jordan Hill on other teams.

Matter of fact, now that I think about it, play the Snake and Wes Johnson 40 minutes each and Sacre until he fouls out and that should probably be enough to lose 90% of the rest of our games
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
tonman wrote:
deal wrote:
watchME wrote:
why are we playing ellington? he wont be here next year.

ronnie price? LOL

Lin will not be here next season either, Lakers news is all about finding a starting PG, that's not Lin.

Price will start, so don't bend around that. I'd love to see Clarkson back up Price and develop his PG skills while settling, he could be part of the future.h

The obvious move would be to let Young start, Ellington off the bench...

a PG to pass it to whom? the Lakers say they were willing to trade Jordan Hill. now you need a big man. Kobe is retiring whether it's end of this year or next. they need a SG. they have to make a decision on Johnson but they do have Young. still got to look at SF if they let Johnson go. they have Randle but he's basically a rookie next year and he is paired with Kelly. talk about unknowns.

so,

C: Hill goes, they need a starting center
PF: Randle takes time to learn the ropes, they need a starting PF
SF: Johnson goes and Young too much ISO, they need a starting SF
SG: Kobe retires, they need a starting SG
PG: No one really on contract and you're betting on Clarkson? Need starting PG.

So yapping about Lakers finding a starting PG is futile. They need a starter at every position.

I'm "yapping" about the entire team. It's beyond obvious Lakers need a Starting PG, SF & Center, potentially a SG.

But the headlines are about
Kobe after Rondo, the FO looking at ?Dragic, Butler & Monroe...so I'm yapping about it all, FYI.

But you only mentioned Lin not being here. So you're okay with price playing which using your logic means he gonna be here next year. So is Ellington.

So play = keep. Got it.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
I Would like to see:

Lin
Johnson
Kelly
Davis
Hill

we need johnson and Davis for Defense and Finishing at the rim.

Kelly and Hill are spot up shooters

This is a pretty good lineup. Kelly or Ellington would work. Lin/Davis PnR and good defense because Lin is pretty good at funneling to a rim protector. Johnson will guard the tough 2 guards. Kelly will space the floor. Hill can stretch the floor a little and rebound but he's a weak link in the defense. Johnson could now run more and cut more for Lin to find him on lobs. The offense will be faster too. They may not win a lot of games, but they'll be in more and be fairly entertaining to watch. Now, all that is provided that they move away from Scott yelling "elbow" all of the time.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject:

The Head of the Snake is going to penetrate defenses like Kobe never could.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Kelly should not be playing the 3. I dunno how many times we need to see him get ass raped by quicker 3s to hammer it in our heads that he CANNOT play the 3. Stretch 4 is where he needs to develop, with the trend of alot of teams going with stretch 4s, Kelly can defend those guys adequately since they wont be able to out quick him that badly and most of those guys never post up.

Starting lineup for maximum run gun and fun

C - Davis, Black
PF- Hill, Boozer, Kelly (bump them both up a slot when Hill is dealt)
SF- Wes, Young (I'd call up Roscoe Smith and see what he's got, he impressed in preseason)
SG-Ellington, Clarkson (i'd have the kid eat up ALL the backup SG/PG mins)
PG- Lin

Have Lin PnR all freaking day with floor spacers. See if he can recapture the Linsanity magic back so TWC wont be totally pissed off with the team's tanking. We'll win a few games we shouldn't but overall we should still be bottom 5. At least this way we get a good look whether Lin can be a starter or not. Davis should be able to feast off of lobs, Hill/Boozer are threats at mid range which gives Lin extra options, everyone else spots up.

Defensively should be interesting. Ellington at least provides effort unlilke Kobe, so we wont be having the whole debacle of watching the PGs be defending 2 people non sense. It'll be good to finally get people to open their eyes at how bad Kobe's defense has been this year, the less to be said of the Head of the Snake the better. If Hill can be less lazy (or better yet traded) i'm interested to see how Boozer will do next to Davis.

With Lin running the show, i and many others will at least be entertained. Whether he does good or bad, that's up to him, but might as well put his 15 mil ass to work and see if we can squeeze some magic out of his ass.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Kelly should not be playing the 3. I dunno how many times we need to see him get ass sexual assaulted by quicker 3s to hammer it in our heads that he CANNOT play the 3. Stretch 4 is where he needs to develop, with the trend of alot of teams going with stretch 4s, Kelly can defend those guys adequately since they wont be able to out quick him that badly and most of those guys never post up.

C - Davis, Black
SF- Wes, Young (I'd call up Roscoe Smith and see what he's got, he impressed in preseason)
PG- Lin

Have Lin PnR all freaking day with floor spacers. See if he can recapture the Linsanity magic back so TWC wont be totally pissed off with the team's tanking. We'll win a few games we shouldn't but overall we should still be bottom 5. At least this way we get a good look whether Lin can be a starter or not. Davis should be able to feast off of lobs, Hill/Boozer are threats at mid range which gives Lin extra options, everyone else spots up.

Defensively should be interesting. Ellington at least provides effort unlilke Kobe, so we wont be having the whole debacle of watching the PGs be defending 2 people non sense. It'll be good to finally get people to open their eyes at how bad Kobe's defense has been this year, the less to be said of the Head of the Snake the better. If Hill can be less lazy (or better yet traded) i'm interested to see how Boozer will do next to Davis.

With Lin running the show, i and many others will at least be entertained. Whether he does good or bad, that's up to him, but might as well put his 15 mil ass to work and see if we can squeeze some magic out of his ass.

That's if Clarkson is ready for it because BS will still start Price if he's not same thing goes for Lin.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject:

i was going to post a troll lineup, but then realized it probably wouldn't be worse than what we've seen this year.

In all seriousness though, I would go with:

Lin
Ellington
Young
Boozer
Black

That this is our current bench rotation is just a coincidence (or maybe not?).

I just saw from BBall reference our best non-garbage-time lineup this year has been:
C. Boozer | K. Bryant | E. Davis | W. Johnson | J. Lin

But it's only played 27 minutes total this season. I doubt anyone surprised though.

If Kobe does make it back, I'd go with the same, but with Black replacing Davis.
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject:

Rather have Young off the bench and let him be the "leader" of the bench mob chucking isos. The Head of the Snake can play with him and try to impart some of his hard wired mambaness and toughness onto Swaggy P!

Basically i dont want that ball stopping fool near Lin, i dunno why Lin defers so much to that idiot so the best thing to do is to keep the two seperate. At least Young's role is still the same regardless and Lin can at least try to be a PG instead of glorified elbow tapper 1 pass loser scrub.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject:

dude, can some of your posts be more realistic? it's like saying we can get LeBron and KD next year.

we have seen the lakers lineup without kobe. we have seen lin in the starting lineup with davis. and what you guys suggesting is that scott do a complete 180 turn to change his old school/stubborn crap. it's not happening.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Rather have Young off the bench and let him be the "leader" of the bench mob chucking isos. The Head of the Snake can play with him and try to impart some of his hard wired mambaness and toughness onto Swaggy P!

Basically i dont want that ball stopping fool near Lin, i dunno why Lin defers so much to that idiot so the best thing to do is to keep the two seperate. At least Young's role is still the same regardless and Lin can at least try to be a PG instead of glorified elbow tapper 1 pass loser scrub.

They actually work pretty well together when Swaggy chucks off a Lin pass, rather than chucking off a screen or off 40 dribbles. Inability to implement a half reasonable offensive plan is not really a reason to not play the lineup with the most potential, although that seems to be what's going on this year.

On that note, all you FA's and RFA PG's out there- come to LA! Where, 1) We expect your job purely to be to get the ball to one dimensional gunners on their favorite isolation spots on the floor, and 2) Where we expect 80% of the offense to run through the center, who's also a one dimensional gunner.

(Unless of course, you're the alpha dog, in which case, we let you do whatever the heck you want)
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
dude, can some of your posts be more realistic? it's like saying we can get LeBron and KD next year.

we have seen the lakers lineup without kobe. we have seen lin in the starting lineup with davis. and what you guys suggesting is that scott do a complete 180 turn to change his old school/stubborn crap. it's not happening.

Don't you crush my hopes and dreams of watchable Lakers basketball!!!
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject:

Price
Ellington
Johnson
Davis
Hill

Not the lineup I want, but it's the lineup Tank Commander Byron is gonna want.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I disagree, all of our players are easily replaceable so if we can flip them for another throwaway player, even if that player is under contract for next season, if taking back that player in trade also brings us a reasonably high 2nd round pick OR in a bigger trade, a pick anywhere in the first round, like when we absorbed Jeremy Lin to get the first rounder, I'm all for it.

We can easily tank with other crappy players Just play the Snake all day, every day, 40 minutes/game and demoralize the players that remain by dumping all their friends like Jordan Hill on other teams.

Matter of fact, now that I think about it, play the Snake and Wes Johnson 40 minutes each and Sacre until he fouls out and that should probably be enough to lose 90% of the rest of our games

lmao
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject:

HeadOfTheSnake wrote:
im about to take over fellas!

It has become aware of itself.
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject:

Unstable wrote:
I propose that we work with the following structure:

PG - Lin (26) / Clarkson (22)
SG - Young (29) / Ellington (27)
C - Hill (27) / Sacre (25)
SF - Davis (25) / Johnson (27)
PF - Black (23) / Kelly (23) / Randle (20)

(If randle is back, I think we should try Black at C instead of Sacre)

But what I really like to see is a whole team of young ones do run and gun at the other teams.....

If anything else, run-n-gun type of game should be more entertaining to watch.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Kelly should not be playing the 3. I dunno how many times we need to see him get ass sexual assaulted by quicker 3s to hammer it in our heads that he CANNOT play the 3. Stretch 4 is where he needs to develop, with the trend of alot of teams going with stretch 4s, Kelly can defend those guys adequately since they wont be able to out quick him that badly and most of those guys never post up.

C - Davis, Black
PG- Lin

I agree with this. Most likely though, based on past experience, BS will play:

Price (25)/Lin (28)
Ellington (25)/Clarkson (6)
Johnson (28)/Young (24)/Kelly (8)
Hill (28)/Boozer (25)
Davis (25)/Black (18)

I'd rather not have an 11-man rotation but I guess he needs to give people like Clarkson and Kelly some burn to see what we have. But I think most Lakers fans see the obvious -- give most of Price's minutes to Clarkson and Lin.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

if BS still starts Snakehead in this lost season, it means he's still trying to 'Win'. pathetic.

they should get a room really.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

Lin
Hill
Davis
Wesley
Swaggy
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
watchME wrote:

ronnie price? LOL

Lin will not be here next season either, Lakers news is all about finding a starting PG, that's not Lin.

Price will start, so don't bend around that. I'd love to see Clarkson back up Price and develop his PG skills while settling, he could be part of the future.

Still about 40 games to play, and TWC and Owners want to earn money. For this reason, I guess that Lin will be a starter soon. And, this is not going to prevent the FO seeking for a new starting PG for next season.
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

ronnie price? LOL

I hope Ellington is here next season, a backup SG for cheap that can hit the 3.

Clarkson
Ellington
Wes
Kelly
Black

Total youth movement

Absolutely.

I just pictured watching that lineup for the rest of the season with Byron's offensive and defensive schemes. I cried.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Boozer should be cut from the team. He is not in the long term plans. We should be giving guys like Davis, Kelly, and Black all of the minutes at PF to evaluate them for the future.
BigislandHank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

Price and Wes are locks to start for the rest of the year and to get 30-minutes a game at least. They play no matter how much they stink it up.

Lin is a lock to come off the bench unless Price gets injured.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
tonman wrote ..........They need a starter at every position.

That's practically it in a nutshell

Every position including coach, GM, and owner. Even Mitch deserves blame. It seems that all he does is scout Duke and Houston (Hill, Lin, Black).
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
deal wrote:
watchME wrote:

ronnie price? LOL

Price will start, so don't bend around that. I'd love to see Clarkson back up Price and develop his PG skills while settling, he could be part of the future.

a PG to pass it to whom? the Lakers say they were willing to trade Jordan Hill. now you need a big man. Kobe is retiring whether it's end of this year or next. they need a SG. they have to make a decision on Johnson but they do have Young. still got to look at SF if they let Johnson go. they have Randle but he's basically a rookie next year and he is paired with Kelly. talk about unknowns.

so,

C: Hill goes, they need a starting center
PF: Randle takes time to learn the ropes, they need a starting PF
SF: Johnson goes and Young too much ISO, they need a starting SF
SG: Kobe retires, they need a starting SG
PG: No one really on contract and you're betting on Clarkson? Need starting PG.

So yapping about Lakers finding a starting PG is futile. They need a starter at every position.

How's my "yapping" about Clarkson feeling right about now?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: