Kobe's legend of playing through pain and major injuries historic. Lebron A/C comparison.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Injury Schematic

We've never seen a player in any sport power through this many injuries over a sustained 2 decade period. NOBODY.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Agreed, OP

Me too. His longevity and durability is unmatched.

I'd say the guy whose durability and longevity was unmatched was really Karl Malone. He played 19 seasons, 1476 games, and in his first 18 seasons he never missed more than two games in a year -- he suited up for 99.25% of his team's games during that span. I don't think anyone in NBA history comes close to that -- in terms of durability, Malone is the Cal Ripken/Lou Gehrig of the NBA. You could make a case for Kareem too, playing 20 seasons and 1,500 games.

In terms of games played, minutes played and seasons played, there are probably 15-20 guys who on par with or better than Kobe. Kobe's thing is more about playing with injuries than longevity/durability. Don't get me wrong -- he's had a long career; but lots of other guys have too.

how many of thsoe "lots of guys" were explosive guards?

Oh, probably 5 or 6 were guards.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Agreed, OP

I'd say the guy whose durability and longevity was unmatched was really Karl Malone. He played 19 seasons, 1476 games, and in his first 18 seasons he never missed more than two games in a year -- he suited up for 99.25% of his team's games during that span. I don't think anyone in NBA history comes close to that -- in terms of durability, Malone is the Cal Ripken/Lou Gehrig of the NBA. You could make a case for Kareem too, playing 20 seasons and 1,500 games.

In terms of games played, minutes played and seasons played, there are probably 15-20 guys who on par with or better than Kobe. Kobe's thing is more about playing with injuries than longevity/durability. Don't get me wrong -- he's had a long career; but lots of other guys have too.

Care to list them since it is a short list or is this just another one of your normal comments without supporting facts to back them.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Agreed, OP

Care to list them since it is a short list or is this just another one of your normal comments without supporting facts to back them.

http://bit.ly/1C41D4v
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

The guy is gonna give you 20 years playing the way he did. Given you 5 world titles and countless amazing games and game winners. So, if he wasn't stubborn playing hurt, what would he have done? Played 22 years? haha.

After Game 7 in 2010, Kobe cemented his legacy. His career was complete in my book. He was never competing with MJ, Magic, Kareem or even Duncan. Kobe was competing with himself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: