++++ Lakers vs Rockets ++++ 1/25/14 6:30pm PT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: ++++ Lakers vs Rockets ++++ 1/25/14 6:30pm PT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers
•Sunday, 25th January, 2015
•6:30PM PT | 9:30PM ET | 1:30AM GMT - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Broadcast Information
•TWC SN / TWC D
•ROOT
•LEAGUE PASS
•710 AM ESPN / 1330 A
•790 AM
Online Streams
•http://gofirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html
•http://atdhe.ru/basketball
•http://nbaliveonline.tv/streaming/
•http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/basketball.html
•http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&competitionid=39&discipline=basketball
Los Angeles Lakers
Current Record
•12-32
Probable Starters
•Ryan Kelly
Last game: 22 Minutes 7 Points 2-4 FG 0-0 3PT 3-5 FT 3 Rebounds 1 Block
•Jordan Hill
Last game: 23 Minutes 10 Points 4-12 FG 0-0 3PT 2-2 FT 5 Rebounds
•Robert Sacre
Last game: 26 Minutes 7 Points 2-8 FG 0-0 3PT 3-4 FT 7 Rebounds
•Jordan Clarkson
Last game: 29 Minutes 11 Points 5-9 FG 0-0 3PT 1-3 FT 3 Rebounds 4 Assists
•Wayne Ellington
Last game: 28 Minutes 11 Points 5-12 FG 1-3 3PT 0-0 FT 6 Rebounds
Bench
Last game: 39 Points 15-38 FG 4-10 3PT 5-6 FT 16 Rebounds 12 Assists 4 Steals 1 Blocks
Injury Report
•Kobe Bryant (Rotator Cuff). He is out - maybe for the season.
•Tarik Black (Sprained Right Ankle). He is day-to-day - active but might not play.
•Julius Randle (Tibia Fracture, Right Leg). He is out for the season.
•Steve Nash (Sciatic Pain). He is definitely done.

Previous Game
vs Spurs (L) 2015-01-23
•Field Goal Made-Attempted
33-83 39.8%
•3 Point Made-Attempted
5-13 38.5%
•Free Throw Made-Attempted
14-20 70.0%
•Rebound Assist Steal Block Turnover
40 18 4 4 8
•Fast Break Points | Points in the Paint | 2nd Chance Points
15 | 30 | 9
Houston Rockets
Current Record
•30-14
Probable Starters
•Trevor Ariza
Last game: 36 Minutes 11 Points 5-10 FG 1-4 3PT 0-0 FT 6 Rebounds 4 Assists
•Donatas Motiejunas
Last game: 23 Minutes 15 Points 7-11 FG 0-0 3PT 1-2 FT 6 Rebounds 4 Assists 1 Steal
•Josh Smith
Last game: 26 Minutes 14 Points 7-11 FG 0-2 3PT 0-1 FT 3 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Blocks
•James Har en
Last game: 40 Minutes 33 Points 8-18 FG 3-6 3PT 14-17 FT 6 Rebounds 10 Assists 3 Steals 1 Block
•Patrick Beverly
Last game: 34 Minutes 14 Points 5-13 FG 4-7 3PT 0-0 FT 4 Rebounds 4 Assists 1 Block
Bench
Last game: 35 Points 17-30 FG 1-11 3PT 0-1 FT 16 Rebounds 5 Assists 3 Steals 4 Blocks
Injury Report
•Dwight 'Teddy Bear' Coward (Ankle) - He is out.
•Terrence Jones (Left Leg) - He is out.
Previous Game
vs Suns (W) 2015-01-23
•Field Goal Made-Attempted
44-84 52.4%
•3 Point Made-Attempted
10-27 37.0%
•Free Throw Made-Attempted
15-20 75.0%
•Rebound Assist Steal Block Turnover
41 24 7 6 14
•Fast Break Points | Points in the Paint | 2nd Chance Points
26 | 64 | 11
Team Stats Leaders
Lakers Rockets
PPG Bryant 22.3 ▬▬▬ Har en 27.3
RPG Hill 8.0 ▬▬▬ Coward 11.0
APG Bryant 5.6 ▬▬▬ Har en 6.8
SPG Price 1.5 ▬▬▬ Har en 2.0
BPG Davis 1.2 ▬▬▬ Jones 1.8
Overall NBA Rankings
Lakers Rockets
PPG 99.6(18th) 103.1(7th)
RPG 42.9(15th) 43.4(13th)
APG 20.5(22nd) 21.2(16th)
PA 106.3(29th) 99.1(15th)
Hollinger Team Statistics
Lakers Rockets
PACE 97.2(9th) 98.5(5th)
TO 11.9(5th) 15.6(28th)
AST 15.8(25th) 16.0(T-22nd)
OFF EFF 101.9(18th) 103.6(14th)
DEF EFF 108.4(29th) 99.8(5th)
My Keys to the Game
Play Defense - both in the paint and 3-point line
•The Swaggy Factor
•Control the pace of the game
•Bench - Energy
•Get to the line, hit free-throws
•Keep them of off the charity stripe - especially the non-defensive one.
•Rebound and Secure
•Keep turnovers to under 10
Lakers - Rockets Preview Per NBA.com

By KEVIN CHROUST

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers fans are unlikely to see Kobe Bryant on the court anytime soon, but the Hollywood crowd won't have to go entirely star-starved Sunday night.

James Harden has filled that role just fine when the Houston Rockets have taken on the Lakers at Staples Center, where Bryant's teammates will be in danger of matching the franchise's longest losing streak in nearly a decade.

Whether former Lakers center Dwight Howard is able to play has yet to be determined.

Harden, the league's leading scorer at 27.3 points per game, had 33 points and 10 assists in Friday's 113-111 win in Phoenix, including a 20-foot jumper as time expired. The shooting guard is averaging 37.0 points in his last three games while connecting on 13 of 24 from 3-point range.

"It's a great feeling," Harden told the team's official website. "They're a very good team, we had a pretty solid lead and we knew they were going to make a run and they made it at the perfect time. But, we had the last shot. You either make it or you miss it and go into overtime, and I made it."

Harden and his teammates have made plenty of shots against the Lakers at Staples in the past year. Harden has averaged 31.3 points on 54.0 percent shooting in three straight road wins in the series as Houston has put up 129.0 per game.

The Rockets (30-14), however, have traded wins and losses in their last six overall as Memphis has passed them for first place in the Southwest Division.

Consistency could be harder to find if Howard misses time. He exited Friday's game in the first quarter with a sprained right ankle, and his status for a third return to face his former team is unknown. Houston is 8-4 without him.

"I really couldn't put any pressure on it," said Howard, who left Phoenix in a walking boot. "But we got the win, so that's the only thing that matters."

The Lakers (12-32) return for a three-game homestand with Bryant sidelined indefinitely. His torn right rotator cuff will be re-examined Monday before the team decides whether the guard needs potentially season-ending surgery.

Bryant was examined Friday in Los Angeles after the third-leading scorer in NBA history suffered the injury Wednesday in New Orleans.

"We know it's a tear, but we don't know to what degree," coach Byron Scott said. "Monday we'll find out if he's going to have surgery or not. That's disappointing in and of itself. We know we're going to miss him for a length of time, we just don't know how long yet."

Friday's 99-85 loss in San Antonio was the Lakers' seventh straight, and another would match an eight-game skid from March 14-27, 2005. The Lakers are 10-25 with Bryant and 2-7 without.

Former Houston point guard Jeremy Lin could also be absent. Lin, in his first season with the Lakers after spending the previous two with the Rockets, was healthy but didn't play against the Spurs as Scott gave Jordan Clarkson his first career start at point guard and used Ronnie Price to back up the rookie.

The Lakers were led by Nick Young's 17 points off the bench, and they're seeking some sort of offensive direction while shooting 41.9 percent during this skid. Clarkson added 11 points in a personal-high 29 minutes.

"I did a better job of controlling (the pace) today," Clarkson said. "Now I've just got to work on getting guys in their spots and just getting what we want in the half-court offense."

Los Angeles is 2-13 at home against Western Conference opponents.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."

Last edited by DShotMaker1824 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................4-2
diando..............................3-4
K0BEE 2.0.........................4-9
TDRock.............................1-2
chazz................................0-1
Laker Intervention.............0-1
zePokar............................0-1
jlinfan...............................0-5
Don Draper.......................0-2
eddiejonze........................0-2
Jocinetu............................0-1
joedanvan22.....................0-1
danzag.............................0-1

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

If we keep rolling out with Sacre in the starting lineup, we might not win a game for the rest of the year. We might start setting records for suck this season.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Eight game losing streak coming up. BScott trying to break his own NBA record for longest losing streak.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

BScott wrote the book on 26 game slides, looks like this is just the beginning to takeover the top spot by the end of year. Other former Laker players who are currently coaches in the NBA have nothing on BS.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

12-70
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
BScott wrote the book on 26 game slides, looks like this is just the beginning to takeover the top spot by the end of year. Other former Laker players who are currently coaches in the NBA have nothing on BS.

Since he cant coach properly might as well guide our tank to the first place in the lotto.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Really disappointed with Spurs today, they only played like 60%. Hope Rockets can do better.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
12-70

I don't really care if they lose the rest of the games this year....If thats what it takes to get Jahlil Okafor go for it.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

What happened to Dwight?
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
What happened to Dwight?

Hurt his ankle last night and walked out the game with a boot on his foot.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
What happened to Dwight?

Hurt his ankle last night and walked out the game with a boot on his foot.

For the Rockets, it's addition by subtraction. Dwight hasn't been playing well.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
12-70

I don't really care if they lose the rest of the games this year....If thats what it takes to get Jahlil Okafor go for it.

This I don't understand. Why would you want to watch 1/2 season of pathetic basketball now so that you may get to see some possibly good basketball a couple of years down the road? I don't have that patience. What if I die this coming summer? What if we do get Okafor and he turns out to be a bust or he gets Vitti'ed in his first game a la Randle? If we lose the rest of the games this year do you think we have a chance of putting a good team together soon? What decent free agents would want to sign with a bottom team? How long are you willing to wait to see the Lakers play decent again?

Please don't get me wrong - I am not asking all these questions as a challenge. It's just that I keep seeing people wanting to tank for picks, and I don't understand their mindsets. As a person who lives in the moment, I'd rather watch entertaining basketball now. I put #TeamTank as my signature not because I'm in support of that but because it's obvious to me that's what the organization is doing.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't mind winning this one even if it hurts the tank. Rockets losing means a better pick for us in the 20s.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
12-70

This I don't understand. Why would you want to watch 1/2 season of pathetic basketball now so that you may get to see some possibly good basketball a couple of years down the road? I don't have that patience. What if I die this coming summer? What if we do get Okafor and he turns out to be a bust or he gets Vitti'ed in his first game a la Randle? If we lose the rest of the games this year do you think we have a chance of putting a good team together soon? What decent free agents would want to sign with a bottom team? How long are you willing to wait to see the Lakers play decent again?

Please don't get me wrong - I am not asking all these questions as a challenge. It's just that I keep seeing people wanting to tank for picks, and I don't understand their mindsets. As a person who lives in the moment, I'd rather watch entertaining basketball now. I put #TeamTank as my signature not because I'm in support of that but because it's obvious to me that's what the organization is doing.

I guess it'd be the difference between possible "entertaining basketball" vs. possible "rebuild for a championship basketball"
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Wouldn't mind winning this one even if it hurts the tank. Rockets losing means a better pick for us in the 20s.

Yea not too bad of a consolation prize on top of actually winning a game
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Losing can still be entertaining. Say we fought hard and kept the score close up till the last second. Or we got beat in the last min. Or we pushed it to OT but couldn't hold on, etc. As long as guys performed well enough. Even if we lose all the rest of the games but all of them are those kind of games then I can live with that. Especially if young guys like Clarkson Davis Black all played good mins. I think FA would still want to come to a team where teammates show effort and heart.

What I don't want to see is everyone just ISO or free style with no defense and no one want to run back or grab rebound, just running around on the court being passive and just waiting for it to end. That kind of lose is worse than getting blow up. In fact I would take a hard played lost than plain stupid lucky win at this point.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
12-70

I guess it'd be the difference between possible "entertaining basketball" vs. possible "rebuild for a championship basketball"

Sorry this shouldn't be in the game thread but I still have questions. If we play respectable/decent basketball, and combine that with LA being LA, wouldn't that attract good/great free agent players faster than drafting ONE high pick and wait for him to develop into a possible great player? And one great player doesn't make a championship team.

Why give up a potential forest for a tree?
lemondrop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

If Clarkson gets the start against the Rockets, I hope he's well prepped by the coaching staff about Beverley's overly aggressive style of play.

I would really hate to see Clarkson get hurt because he's not looking for it.

IMO, the Rockets have played better without Howard but they've been struggling lately.

So if the Rockets come out sluggish, the Lakers starters have to attack hard.

Think this game could be stolen
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

lemondrop wrote:
If Clarkson gets the start against the Rockets, I hope he's well prepped by the coaching staff about Beverley's overly aggressive style of play.

I would really hate to see Clarkson get hurt because he's not looking for it.

IMO, the Rockets have played better without Howard but they've been struggling lately.

So if the Rockets come out sluggish, the Lakers starters have to attack hard.

Think this game could be stolen

Um...Beverley has not played aggressive since last April... he's more looking to score than to play D now.

We need to send a snake out to bite the Beard on the ankle. The Rockets' season will be over.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
12-70

Sorry this shouldn't be in the game thread but I still have questions. If we play respectable/decent basketball, and combine that with LA being LA, wouldn't that attract good/great free agent players faster than drafting ONE high pick and wait for him to develop into a possible great player? And one great player doesn't make a championship team.

Why give up a potential forest for a tree?

What if those free agents still reject us like houston?

A few wins at this point is not going to make us anymore attractive this offseason, especially at the cost of a high draft pick.

It's not necessarily about the player more so than the flexibility of the pick. As Cleveland and Boston have shown, we don't have to wait for it to develop in improving the immediate situation.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Houston Rockets
Current Record
•30-14
Probable Starters
•Trevor Ariza
Last game: N/A
•Terrence Jones
•Dwight Coward
•James Har en

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

CBS SPORTS reports that:

Quote:
* The Lakers have listed center Tarik Black as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Rockets with a sprained right ankle.

Black has missed the last two games for Los Angeles with the same ankle injury. He is averaging 5.0 points and 5.1 rebounds in 32 games this season.

* The Lakers are currently 7 1/2-point underdogs against the Rockets.

Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Damn Tarilk needs to hurry up and come back so they can trade Hill already.
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
If we keep rolling out with Sacre in the starting lineup, we might not win a game for the rest of the year. We might start setting records for suck this season.

Tanking confirmed.

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 40m40 minutes ago
The Lakers will go with the same starting lineup as Friday: Clarkson, Ellington, Kelly, Hill & Sacre. Tip at 6:30pm PT against HOU.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25
Jump to: