Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
My observations from being at the game tonight:

The crowd really got into it during the 4th quarter comeback. I can't remember a Laker game ever getting that loud

The lineups are terrible. The players aren't used to playing with each other and Clarkson is out there getting fed to the sharks instead of earning his time and getting more playing time as he shows improvement. We will see how he handles it but this can be discouraging and bad for a players development.

The defense is still really bad. I could not believe how many wide open 3s and layups the rockets missed. Could have been a 150 point night if those were making their open shots at a decent rate.

Nick Young was unplayable. He couldn't adjust to the defense and was a net negative out there.

Despite all that, they didnt give up and made it a game at the end. With Kobe out, Lin really should be the main ball handler if Byron wants to win games. Clarkson isnt ready for a full time role and Price doesnt really serve any purpose without Kobe. Lin was out flopping Harden and getting layups or free throws every time he drove in.

What win games? Bryon is full on tank mode. How else do you explain starting Sacre?
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject:

i don't understand why you would keep running plays to get Nick the ball at the top of the key to initiate the offense. the guy isn't a PG. hell he's the last person on the team you'd want creating for the team. it's like giving cookie monster a plate of scrumptious cookies and ask him to share them. ain't gonna happen. Nick shouldn't have been benched, he was just used incorrectly by the coaches. this was on scott. so the moment Nick was benched, the coaches stop calling out plays which is a good thing. Lin improvised and pretty much had to initiate every play by himself. this is how the offense should run, through the PG who is a capable floor general
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
i don't understand why you would keep running plays to get Nick the ball at the top of the key to initiate the offense. the guy isn't a PG. hell he's the last person on the team you'd want creating for the team. it's like giving cookie monster a plate of scrumptious cookies and ask him to share them. ain't gonna happen. Nick shouldn't have been benched, he was just used incorrectly by the coaches. this was on scott. so the moment Nick was benched, the coaches stop calling out plays which is a good thing. Lin improvised and pretty much had to initiate every play by himself. this is how the offense should run, through the PG who is a capable floor general

Nick should just catch and shoot or pass the ball. ISO play ruins the flow.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
kastuul wrote:
It's unusual for Lin drawing more fouls than Harden.

He was driving in aggressively and jerking his head back and getting the call every time.
You forgot the part where the Houston defender made contact with Lin. or were you suggesting Lin deserves an Oscar? If he did, he certainly learned from the best - see replay on Harden's foul calls?
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
bws94 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
In fairness, Nick was a mess out there. He did not respond well to those hard doubles. We still needed his offense badly.

Byron needs to understand that this team doesn't exactly need to try hard to tank. Their best is often still only good enough for a close loss.

But to coach them like this where you throw out the chance to even be competitive makes me sick to my stomach. Of course, he's losing the players...they aren't tanking, they're playing to win.

All he had to do was not have Nick handle the ball so much. The Rockets seem to have had a plan to force him to give up the ball.

Yeah that defense overwhelmed Nick. He never saw it coming until it was too late. They seemed like they were focused on smothering Clarkson and Young and letting everyone else do what they wanted.

It's because neither one of those players are willing passers. They play very selfish with tunnel vision. So it is very easy to defend. Their teammates don't expect a pass coming to them either so they don't move around to bail Nic and Clarkson out when they get trapped. Lack of familiarity and trust - same old same old.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:

Nick, the cookie mmonster. LMAO.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
kastuul wrote:

He was driving in aggressively and jerking his head back and getting the call every time.
You forgot the part where the Houston defender made contact with Lin. or were you suggesting Lin deserves an Oscar? If he did, he certainly learned from the best - see replay on Harden's foul calls?

No, what I meant is, he never gets calls maybe because the refs don't see a reaction from him? I know he gets fouled ALOT without getting any calls, but maybe this time he actually flailed or flopped a bit to show he got fouled.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
bws94 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
In fairness, Nick was a mess out there. He did not respond well to those hard doubles. We still needed his offense badly.

Byron needs to understand that this team doesn't exactly need to try hard to tank. Their best is often still only good enough for a close loss.

But to coach them like this where you throw out the chance to even be competitive makes me sick to my stomach. Of course, he's losing the players...they aren't tanking, they're playing to win.

All he had to do was not have Nick handle the ball so much. The Rockets seem to have had a plan to force him to give up the ball.

Yeah that defense overwhelmed Nick. He never saw it coming until it was too late. They seemed like they were focused on smothering Clarkson and Young and letting everyone else do what they wanted.

It's because neither one of those players are willing passers. They play very selfish with tunnel vision. So it is very easy to defend. Their teammates don't expect a pass coming to them either so they don't move around to bail Nic and Clarkson out when they get trapped. Lack of familiarity and trust - same old same old.

Sorry, but you have players with skills. You are the coach that can put them in the best place to use them. You have things called practices - not bootcamp. You run plays, get your Swaggy and Clarksons passing and moving. Get the bigs' hands use to catching and alley00pping.. Come on, this is the NBA for crying out loud. We don't have a coach - this whole charade has nothing to do with basketball. I'm an idiot for watching cause it only makes me more of an idiot trying to make sense out of non-sense. - out.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

If I'm the owner, I wouldn't let this kinda cr @ p go on. What? I'm paying $1 Mil to the least of players. I pay huge bucks to rent the stadium, keep the jets flying, the buses running, the doors staffed, the advertising execs paid. There are big bucks hinging on this here 'game' and I have some punk trying to run my team into the ground for his personal agenda and ego? Guess you can inherit money but not smarts.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
bws94 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Sorry, but you have players with skills. You are the coach that can put them in the best place to use them. You have things called practices - not bootcamp. You run plays, get your Swaggy and Clarksons passing and moving. Get the bigs' hands use to catching and alley00pping.. Come on, this is the NBA for crying out loud. We don't have a coach - this whole charade has nothing to do with basketball. I'm an idiot for watching cause it only makes me more of an idiot trying to make sense out of non-sense. - out.

RIGHT ON, MAN.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
kastuul wrote:

He does the same thing Harden does, he exaggerates contact when there is very little. If you don't do it, they don't call it, so I don't blame them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to: