Record Alert : Klay has 11 3ees after 3 quarters vs Sacramento
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
We seriously had a chance to get this guy?

When?

I should have said that we might have had a chance to get him. Before he signed that new deal with the Warriors back in October, there was a lot of speculation that we'd go after him if he hit free agency amid all the discussion of whether he was a "max player" or not. Plus, there were those reports on how there was discussion of getting Klay for the 7th pick. Would have been awesome. Hopefully we get a REAL shot at him in 4 years

Last edited by Lakers95 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Only chance we might have had was when Dwight considered GS.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

When?

I should have said that we might have had a chance to get him. Before he signed that new deal with the Warriors back in October, there was a lot of speculation that we'd go after him if he hit free agency amid all the discussion of whether he was a "max player" or not. Would have been awesome. Hopefully we get a REAL shot at him in 4 years

I thought you were talking about this.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235580/Report-Klay-Thompson-Would-Have-Entered-2010-Draft-With-Guarantee-From-Lakers
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Only chance we might have had was when Dwight considered GS.

GSW sure dodged a bullet there. Klay is easily the 1A or 1B best shooting guard in the league, while Dwight is behind both Gasols, Cousins, and perhaps a few more in the center depth chart.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
37 points in the 3rd for Klay. NBA record. he has 50 after 3Qs

Klay only played 32 minutes as well.

Kobe played 47 minutes to score 81 points.

If you do the math and quantify points per minute(ppm) for the given 32 minutes klay played...klay would have scored 95 points if he played the same number of minutes(47 minutes total)as kobe when he scored 81 against the raptors.

If Kerr did not take Klay out he would be sitting on 95 points.

Dude go back to school. Ok let me do this for you.

50 pts in 32 minutes. That's 1.5625 ppm (50 divided by 32). Multiply that by 47 minutes and you get 73 pts. Where the hell did you get 95 pts?

He actually ended up with 52 but still that amounts to 76 pts.

He scored 81 points in 42 minutes. Not sure where you got the 47 from. Also you are not quantifying the point spread...going from 2nd to 3rd...and 3rd to fourth. There is an incline in points for each quarter that I calculated...which comes to 95 points. Basically you need to adjust for PG(point gap) rising for each quarter and you assume his point count increases in the 4th.

You said 47 minutes, that wasn't me.

Actually Klay played 2:32 minutes in the 4th and scored only 2 points. So your assumption would have been way off by that ppm. Going by that ppm, 2 points per 2.5 minutes, he may not have gotten to 60. And this is not even taking into consideration fatigue and possible double teams even triple teams. Please, your 95 points were beyond ridiculous.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

When?

I should have said that we might have had a chance to get him. Before he signed that new deal with the Warriors back in October, there was a lot of speculation that we'd go after him if he hit free agency amid all the discussion of whether he was a "max player" or not. Would have been awesome. Hopefully we get a REAL shot at him in 4 years

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235580/Report-Klay-Thompson-Would-Have-Entered-2010-Draft-With-Guarantee-From-Lakers

Doh... can the Lakers NOT trade draft picks anymore??
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

If you do the math and quantify points per minute(ppm) for the given 32 minutes klay played...klay would have scored 95 points if he played the same number of minutes(47 minutes total)as kobe when he scored 81 against the raptors.

50 pts in 32 minutes. That's 1.5625 ppm (50 divided by 32). Multiply that by 47 minutes and you get 73 pts. Where the hell did you get 95 pts?

He scored 81 points in 42 minutes. Not sure where you got the 47 from. Also you are not quantifying the point spread...going from 2nd to 3rd...and 3rd to fourth. There is an incline in points for each quarter that I calculated...which comes to 95 points. Basically you need to adjust for PG(point gap) rising for each quarter and you assume his point count increases in the 4th.

Why don't you compare Kobe's 62 points vs the mavs in 3 quarters instead of the 81 since everyone thinks the 62 points would have been a higher scoring output if Kobe played in the 4th qtr
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jerry West continues to look like a brilliant talent evaluator. Few people were as high on Klay as West was and is.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

When?

Nah, that story was flawed from the beginning, since we didn't even have a 1st rounder in 2010. Of course, we might have been able to get him in the 2nd round that year, but who knows?

Last edited by Lakers95 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Jerry West continues to look like a brilliant talent evaluator. Few people were as high on Klay as West was and is.

Kobe and Klay. I guess Jerry knows how to pick em
concernLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Why don't you compare Kobe's 62 points vs the mavs in 3 quarters instead of the 81 since everyone thinks the 62 points would have been a higher scoring output if Kobe played in the 4th qtr

Chris palmer -at- ChrisPalmerNBA
Kobe had 62 in 33min. And 61 in 37 min. FYI
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

When?

I should have said that we might have had a chance to get him. Before he signed that new deal with the Warriors back in October, there was a lot of speculation that we'd go after him if he hit free agency amid all the discussion of whether he was a "max player" or not. Plus, there were those reports on how there was discussion of getting Klay for the 7th pick. Would have been awesome. Hopefully we get a REAL shot at him in 4 years

Thanks, I thought maybe there was some trade deal that we missed out on. That would have sucked.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
I love these feel good stories. Klay is easy to root for.

On second thought, he missed more shots than Price tonight.

Ronnie > Klay
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Sounds like more 2nd gen nba talent. Kobe, Curry, Klay
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
GS so lucky they didn't trade him for Love.

It wasn't luck, it was smarts.

West was reportedly the guy who was strongly in Klay's corner.

I think that guy knows a thing or two about that there basketball.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

You're the one who said 47 minutes dude. But regardless, you're telling me that Klay, in one night, would break the NBA single quarter record TWICE? 37 points in the 3rd was a new record. After 3 quarters, he had 50 total. If Kerr plays him in the 4th, you're saying he's sitting on 95 pts, which means he needs to break it again and score 45 points. LOL!

Great performance by Klay tonight. But that's a wild crazy math theory you got there. Are you simply using one example in history? Kobe's 81? I'm curious about all this point gap, incline in points, etc.

Last edited by Runway8 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
52 points wow!
Warriors are probably glad they didn't deal him.

Still too "soft" to be a starter in this league.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
52 points wow!
Warriors are probably glad they didn't deal him.

Still too "soft" to be a starter in this league.

The best two way guard right now. That must be sarcasm.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

You're the one who said 47 minutes dude. But regardless, you're telling me that Klay, in one night, would break the NBA single quarter record TWICE? 37 points in the 3rd was a new record. After 3 quarters, he had 50 total. If Kerr plays him in the 4th, you're saying he's sitting on 95 pts, which means he needs to break it again and score 45 points. LOL!

Great performance by Klay tonight. But that's a wild crazy math theory you got there. Are you simply using one example in history? Kobe's 81? I'm curious about all this point gap, incline in points, etc.

You're both wrong. He scored 37 points in one quarter. If you multiply that by four, then you in fact get 148 points.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Anyways congrats to Klay. That was a historic quarter.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

You're both wrong. He scored 37 points in one quarter. If you multiply that by four, then you in fact get 148 points.

bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Would've been benched for taking too many 3s under Byron. 9 3s is a terrible display of grit. "Stick to the long 2s off pindown screens Klay or you'll be joining Jeremy over there on the bench."
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:

FULL 3rd Quarter - 37 Point HIGHLIGHTS:

Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

That was pretty insane. Damn you Mychal. Flex your paternal powers and drag him to our team.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject:

Truly awesome performance by Thompson.

Unfortunately, I question whether Kobe would allow a teammate to shine like that the way Curry did for Thompson. He couldn't help but interject and try to get his.

@mhan00: in college, was there was much to suggest that Klay would be this good? Might be able to ask the same thing for other players, i.e. Wade imo. But Logo was privy to some inside information due to his friendship with Mychal (not just talent, but work ethic and character). If Klay weren't Mychal's son, would West still have given the green light? Glad it's working out for them, though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: