"OK" The Players Tribune
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: "OK" The Players Tribune

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ok/

Quote:
This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me AND in front of me.

KOBE BRYANT / EDITORIAL DI
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

Weird to see Kob in a vulnerable position like that, with a scary Doc examining him.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

this is amazing video.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

The idea that we will never see Kobe the same again makes me feel very sad. Very upset.

I feel we were cheated out of all the great basketball he still had in him.

It is the way life goes though. The best eventually have to step down or they will get forced down. I am glad he has fought Father Time so valiantly, however, I am ready to see him succeed at the next stage of his career.

I hope Kobe has a future as a coach or as a general manager for a team. He is too much of a competitor to just be a TV analyst.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
The idea that we will never see Kobe the same again makes me feel very sad. Very upset.

It is the way life goes thought. The best eventually have to step down or they will get forced down. I am glad he has fought Father Time so valiantly, however, I am ready to see him succeed at the next stage of his career.

I hope Kobe has a future as a coach or as a general manager for a team. He is too much of a competitor to just be a TV analyst.

Exactly how I feel.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting...I still think he comes back next year; however, he won't be the same and that will most likely be his last year with us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

It is the way life goes thought. The best eventually have to step down or they will get forced down. I am glad he has fought Father Time so valiantly, however, I am ready to see him succeed at the next stage of his career.

Exactly how I feel.

There were lots of decisions from all parties that got him to this horrible point. Just sad seeing his last years go out like this.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

There were lots of decisions from all parties that got him to this horrible point. Just sad seeing his last years go out like this.

Quite frankly, hindsight is 2/20, but if we hire Phil, I don't think it ever gets to this point...
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Kobe had to check in and "wait" in the lobby?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

What an OG. Calm, cool, and collected.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

Quite frankly, hindsight is 2/20, but if we hire Phil, I don't think it ever gets to this point...

Here's a nice piece by Holmes, also discussed Pop/Duncan:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/41019/lakers-didnt-treat-aging-superstar-properly
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Guys, he's been playing since 1996. That's nearly 20 years of regular season, playoff, and later international basketball. When you consider where all of his peers from the mid-90s are at now and the average lifespan of an NBA player, in general, he's done pretty damn well in terms of how much he's been able to get out of his body (probably top 5 all-time, especially considering the quality of his later years up until 2013). I know everyone's looking for someone to blame, but the answer is a lot simpler than that. Sure, Mike Brown, MDA and Byron didn't do him any favors with the workload they put on him, but the point he's at now has been a long time coming with all the mileage building up over the years.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

i didnt know his shoulder was hurt previously. He just finished it off. It sucks. this might have been the best thing to happen to him, gives him a chance to let the rest of his body heal, for is legs to get stronger and rest and it secures the Lakers top 5 pick
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Weird to see Kob in a vulnerable position like that, with a scary Doc examining him.

Scary? Come on now, Kobe isn't 5 y/o

kikanga wrote:

I liked the shirt he was wearing lol
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why everyone's saying he's done. This is a very heal able injury that just needs rest and possibly surgery. We didn't need him to destroy his body any more this year anyway and who knows maybe his shooting will be better next year since he was struggling with this since preseason. Have a little faith in Kobe. In the spectrum of injuries he has had lately this one is the least harmful long term. I think Kobe will go out next year in the glory he deserves. Have faith
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
Not sure why everyone's saying he's done. This is a very heal able injury that just needs rest and possibly surgery. We didn't need him to destroy his body any more this year anyway and who knows maybe his shooting will be better next year since he was struggling with this since preseason. Have a little faith in Kobe. In the spectrum of injuries he has had lately this one is the least harmful long term. I think Kobe will go out next year in the glory he deserves. Have faith

It's been 3 consecutive season ending injuries. I hope he can finish on his own terms but i find it hard to believe he will finish out strong.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

It's been 3 consecutive season ending injuries. I hope he can finish on his own terms but i find it hard to believe he will finish out strong.

Look at Drose. Kobe is a different species. He will find a way.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Scary? Come on now, Kobe isn't 5 y/o

kikanga wrote:

I liked the shirt he was wearing lol

When you're a doc for an alpha black mamba you gotta look and act a little scary, that's all I meant
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:

This is how I feel as well.

Pau Gasol is nice
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

Here's a nice piece by Holmes, also discussed Pop/Duncan:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/41019/lakers-didnt-treat-aging-superstar-properly

Pop has done right by Duncan, but it's not the same situation. Bigs age better than perimeter players do. It's not like Kobe's career was cut short. Take a look at his draft class. He's the only one still playing. You can't play in the NBA forever.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

Cheated? Kobe is in his 19th year. Kobe is past his prime. I watched his entire career, I don't feel cheated. It's called aging. If Kobe comes back next year (which I think he will), that will be awesome.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
this is amazing video.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

Yay:) keep believing. I never doubt this man when he sets his mind to do something. The only question to me at least is if he still wants it. I believe he does.
idrinkhaterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject:

honestly, i watched the video and my reaction was... wtf was that...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: