"OK" The Players Tribune
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
The idea that we will never see Kobe the same again makes me feel very sad. Very upset.

I feel we were cheated out of all the great basketball he still had in him.

It is the way life goes thought. The best eventually have to step down or they will get forced down. I am glad he has fought Father Time so valiantly, however, I am ready to see him succeed at the next stage of his career.

I hope Kobe has a future as a coach or as a general manager for a team. He is too much of a competitor to just be a TV analyst.

Exactly how I feel.

Cheated? Kobe is in his 19th year. Kobe is past his prime. I watched his entire career, I don't feel cheated. It's called aging. If Kobe comes back next year (which I think he will), that will be awesome.

If Kobe plays a 20th year, it will be a privilege to watch him in action. How many NBA superstars have that type of longevity? When you think that he will be on the court as some draft picks who were toddlers when he first put on an NBA uniform, thats really impressive.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
The idea that we will never see Kobe the same again makes me feel very sad. Very upset.

It is the way life goes thought. The best eventually have to step down or they will get forced down. I am glad he has fought Father Time so valiantly, however, I am ready to see him succeed at the next stage of his career.

I hope Kobe has a future as a coach or as a general manager for a team. He is too much of a competitor to just be a TV analyst.

Exactly how I feel.

Cheated? Kobe is in his 19th year. Kobe is past his prime. I watched his entire career, I don't feel cheated. It's called aging. If Kobe comes back next year (which I think he will), that will be awesome.

Kobe was putting up 27/5/6 in his 17th year. Mike decided to play Kobe 48 full minutes at times during the last stretch, we got robbed.
lasde
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

If Kobe plays a 20th year, it will be a privilege to watch him in action. How many NBA superstars have that type of longevity? When you think that he will be on the court as some draft picks who were toddlers when he first put on an NBA uniform, thats really impressive.

^This. The only player I've watched that I felt cheated out of something was Magic. He had to retire while still in his prime. Watching Kobe has been an honor and a privilege. 99% of the players who have played in the NBA would be spared from these injuries because they would have stopped playing many years previously. In the history of the NBA, there have been 4 players who have made it to 20 years:

Kevin Willis, 21 years
Robert Parish, 21 years
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 20 years
Kevin Garnett, 20 years

If Kobe comes back next year, he will be #5, and the first guard to ever do so. That is nothing short of remarkable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

GREAT video. Thanks for sharing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

lasde wrote:

^This. The only player I've watched that I felt cheated out of something was Magic. He had to retire while still in his prime. Watching Kobe has been an honor and a privilege. 99% of the players who have played in the NBA would be spared from these injuries because they would have stopped playing many years previously. In the history of the NBA, there have been 4 players who have made it to 20 years:

Kevin Willis, 21 years
Robert Parish, 21 years
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 20 years
Kevin Garnett, 20 years

If Kobe comes back next year, he will be #5, and the first guard to ever do so. That is nothing short of remarkable.

Agreed. Kobe had a glorious career and was healthy enough to play out most of his prime. Magic still had some All-NBA years left in him in '91.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: