How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

now everybody pretends to be Simon Cowell
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
It has come to my attention that BS and the FO have no intentions of grooming Jeremy Lin as one of the key pieces to this franchise.

With Black Mamba injured yet again. What is the general feeling around here with Ryan Kelly and Jordan Clarkson as our key pieces for the future?

my guess is the future of the Lakers is not currently on our roster.

What about Julius Randle he might be future star of the Lakers.

based off what? lol i would love for that guy to magically turn into a star, but all i seen him do while healthy was fail to get by people and throw up tough layups and miss them often.

This was once a reasonably optimistic vision of what our future would look like:
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
MJST wrote:
https://vine.co/v/OIEMW3ZlMO2

Quote:
@kelly_clarkson
Maybe my favorite picture I've been sent in a very long time. #ShamelessSelfPromotion #It'sMyGravitationalPull
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8FoyRRCUAA9_zu.jpg

Lol

Tee hee.

Hi Pitch Eric's imitation of Kelly Clarkson is forever burned into my memory. Every time I read that name I hear it in his voice.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
It has come to my attention that BS and the FO have no intentions of grooming Jeremy Lin as one of the key pieces to this franchise.

With Black Mamba injured yet again. What is the general feeling around here with Ryan Kelly and Jordan Clarkson as our key pieces for the future?

based off what? lol i would love for that guy to magically turn into a star, but all i seen him do while healthy was fail to get by people and throw up tough layups and miss them often.

honestly it boggles my mind when that rare person isn't impressed with Randle's skillset.
"tough layups" right, and what shots do traditional post players get? 5-7 foot contested jumphooks? those are considered high percentage shots. Randle gets a lot of his flip shots/layups from the close part of that 5-7 foot range, if not closer. When a traditional bigman can work his way to get that good of position, and that close of a shot - that's when you know you have a good post player. And post players who can get that good of position/close hooks are becoming more and more rare.
Randle gets you that close/high % shot at will! You, sir, are labeling the same shot as polar opposite shots.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

Let me just say this, Anthony Davis when he started was not exactly a natural born star. He didn't even have a consistant jumper, and really was nothing more than a shot blocker. Now look at what he is, the guy is essentially better than even Kevin Garnett was. If Randle works hard, he can easily be like a charles barkly, there is nothing in his skillset that says he can't.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject:

In the mold of Conley and Teague... i like him a lot.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson.
Tarik Black.
Ed Davis.
Julius Randle.
Nick Young.
Ryan Kelly.

Those are the main faces I hope are brought back next year. You can build around with those/interchange based on position.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject:

I like Kelly. If this team ever becomes good again, Kelly would be a solid role player. He reminds me of a more fluid Luke Walton. Clarkson needs more games and playing time to judge anything.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

KobeMania wrote:

Kelly is not a three. He's much more athletic than I thought he'd be, but he's still not a three. He's a prototypical stretch-four (can stretch-fours be "prototypical")?

Really like Clarkson. You can't teach speed and athleticism and he's got both in spades. Also seems to play with relatively good control for a young guard. Don't know his ceiling but he certainly looks like an NBA player.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

Then you weren't watching enough. He noticeably improved in the preseason from the first game to the last. He did a lot of what you said early on, but by then end I was getting pretty excited about his future. No-look passes, using his shoulder to create space for a baby jumper, soft touch from the midrange, good handle, etc.

Don't know about "star" but he's gonna be a good player as a big. Tough to find.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

venturalakersfan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

Based off of watching him play and seeing the skills he has. And more importantly, his mind and desire which screams winner. He has already shown he is one of those guys who will work his butt off to get better, and those guys usually succeed.

i haven't seen him get better at all... he looked like a mid-talent player at best, haven't seen him show or prove close to anything else.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about Kelly Clarkson as the future of the Lakers?

VegasLakerFan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

Then you weren't watching enough. He noticeably improved in the preseason from the first game to the last. He did a lot of what you said early on, but by then end I was getting pretty excited about his future. No-look passes, using his shoulder to create space for a baby jumper, soft touch from the midrange, good handle, etc.

Don't know about "star" but he's gonna be a good player as a big. Tough to find.

undersized bigs with baby jumpers are a dime a dozen tho, and i watched every preseason game and have watched every regular season game.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

God I pray not..these 2 scrubs should be no more than 10th or 11th men on any team. We need a clean sweep of good, solid consistent players. Randle is a starter in this league and Black maybe a decent back up but the rest are not even consistent solid contributors. Too up and down. We have 4 picks next year...do your homework make the right selections and fill up the roster with solid FA's...enough of these crap players that lead us to nowhere.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I see Clarkson as great role player so I do hope we develop him...kind of like how danny green is an essential component for the spurs future moving forward.
Sacreligious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

It still boggles my mind that BS is willingly putting Kelly at the 3. He is a natural stretch 4 who you can move to the 5 against certain matchups. Making him play the 3 minimizes his advantages offensively (ability to take bigs off the dribble, facilitate in the high post, etc) and exacerbates his weaknesses.

Seeing him used like this makes me puke.

As per the topic, both are definitely keepers for the next few years especially since we are bereft of any young assets.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
Jordan Clarkson.
Tarik Black.
Ed Davis.
Julius Randle.
Nick Young.
Ryan Kelly.
Sacre

Those are the main faces I hope are brought back next year. You can build around with those/interchange based on position.

I think that's what we'll see back next year; also, I added Sacre to the list because he's cheap and can be used in an emergency. Davis is probably going to opt out of his contract and get more money. At least we'll have 6 players on the roster going into the off-season this year; I think it was last summer we had Sacre, Kobe, and Nash on the roster, and I think that was it.

So, hopefully we do some more reshaping to this roster before the summer, and by the time June comes, we could have our 2 first round picks to add some more pieces. As bad as this season is and going to get worse, I do think we have some legitimate young pieces moving forward that could help us in the future.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject:

Carlos Boozer, duh. holddat

Nah but forreal:

Julius
Clarkson
Black
Davis
Swaggy
Kelly

those are the guys I like to keep around. Personally, I think Julius has start potential and Clarkson and Black both look like they could be really solid in the right situations. I like Kelly but only as a bench player. Davis and Swaggy probably don't have too much room for improvement but they are good bench guys.

At thise rate, maybe we can add Okafor to that list.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Carlos Boozer, duh. holddat

Nah but forreal:

Julius
Clarkson
Black
Davis
Swaggy
Kelly

those are the guys I like to keep around. Personally, I think Julius has start potential and Clarkson and Black both look like they could be really solid in the right situations. I like Kelly but only as a bench player. Davis and Swaggy probably don't have too much room for improvement but they are good bench guys.

At thise rate, maybe we can add Okafor to that list.

Holdat General ! Lol
Did u mean "start" potential for Julius or star potential. I think I've seen u say u think he can be bigtime
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: