Dwight punked us pretty bad...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LOL at those who couldn't care of him leaving couple years ago. that inability to keep Dwight has same if not more negative impact on Lakers these past couple seasons. you can say whatever you want about Dwight, childish, goofying around but the guy brings 17, 10 and 2 while sleep walking. and i have no doubt we'd be in the talks of most likely landing place for Lilliard, Westbrook, and Rondo right about now had Dwight stayed.

An accurate description of Dwight's post game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LOL at those who couldn't care of him leaving couple years ago. that inability to keep Dwight has same if not more negative impact on Lakers these past couple seasons. you can say whatever you want about Dwight, childish, goofying around but the guy brings 17, 10 and 2 while sleep walking. and i have no doubt we'd be in the talks of most likely landing place for Lilliard, Westbrook, and Rondo right about now had Dwight stayed.

LOL at those who would want a piece of (bleep) weak minded punk ass loser on our team.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

DV cracks me up....

Kiss my Converse.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Pretty cocky for a guy who is breaking down.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I don't know what was more enjoyable, watching Blake sink that game winner in Dwight's face, or watching Lillard sink that 3 and crush his 2nd round dreams

I am going to choose the latter because that look on Dwights face after the lost to Portland, will...
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I'm not a Dwight fan, but just to add... Dwight was the only one from the Rockets who showed up in last year's playoff series against Portland. If last year's Harden played like this year's Harden (the one who plays defense).. who's to say what could have happened.
TheFranchise#24MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Why are we talking about Dwight Howard still? Someone remind me

"Know this above all else....Fully use every point, moment, and hour that you have. Time waits for no man...."

Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I'm not a Dwight fan, but just to add... Dwight was the only one from the Rockets who showed up in last year's playoff series against Portland. If last year's Harden played like this year's Harden (the one who plays defense).. who's to say what could have happened.

We'll see about Harden. He has been horrible his whole career in the playoffs. When the whistle disappears, we'll see if Harden shows up.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I mean, I think I've said worse about this current squad. We can all insult Dwight (it's quite easy), but he did speak the truth. Our team is quite horrific based solely on the amount of potential we have on our roster.

Well, of course. We're in a completely different position than the Rockets are. We're essentially paying the price for 2 titles (I'm sure Dwight remembers one of those) and 3 straight trips to the Finals. OTOH, Dwight's starting to feel the effects of how Father Time treats you when you don't have much of a skill set, and the Rockets aren't legitimate contenders.

Just to be clear, we are not where we are because we won two titles.

When are the Spurs going to pay the price for their titles?
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I mean, I think I've said worse about this current squad. We can all insult Dwight (it's quite easy), but he did speak the truth. Our team is quite horrific based solely on the amount of potential we have on our roster.

Well, of course. We're in a completely different position than the Rockets are. We're essentially paying the price for 2 titles (I'm sure Dwight remembers one of those) and 3 straight trips to the Finals. OTOH, Dwight's starting to feel the effects of how Father Time treats you when you don't have much of a skill set, and the Rockets aren't legitimate contenders.

When Duncan retires, the ship will be going down with him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Probably in the next year or two, although they've certainly been more sustainable than other teams because of their ability to snag stars in the second half of the 1st Round (Leonard, Parker), which have offset Duncan's decline. They've also been able to keep that core together and acquire quality depth because their stars have been willing to take less, which hasn't been the case in LA. Kobe, Pau, & Howard/Bynum have all made top dollar. We've always been a much more top heavy team as a result.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Addition by subtraction.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

If you ignore salaries, which you do, then it is apples and oranges comparison. And the Spurs will pay, I think last season's visit to the Finals will be their last in years.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Spurs develop their players, playing with Duncan also helps... Same thing can't be said to a lot of teams... Lakers is semi-decent in this regard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
22 wrote:
I don't know what was more enjoyable, watching Blake sink that game winner in Dwight's face, or watching Lillard sink that 3 and crush his 2nd round dreams

I am going to choose the latter because that look on Dwights face after the lost to Portland, will...

agreed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

We'll see about Harden. He has been horrible his whole career in the playoffs. When the whistle disappears, we'll see if Harden shows up.

that's what people don't understand about Harden.. playoff time.. it gets more intense.. touch fouls aren't called as much. so he won't get there 10 times a game like he normally does. i mean.. he leads the league in that category..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

that's what people don't understand about Harden.. playoff time.. it gets more intense.. touch fouls aren't called as much. so he won't get there 10 times a game like he normally does. i mean.. he leads the league in that category..

Last season had nothing to do with how the games are called, Harden was definitley muting his game. My guess it was to please their new toy, Dwight Howard. Look where that got them.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I noticed a big difference with Harden now compared to the beginning of this season. He's scoring easier. Making more jumpshots. Beginning of the season, he was shooting like 37% while averaging a ton of FT's. I didn't even know that was possible. Usually, a guy that shoots alot of FT's have a better FG% than he did at the beginning fo this year. He's improved though. Still, like I said, playoffs.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Probably in the next year or two, although they've certainly been more sustainable than other teams because of their ability to snag stars in the second half of the 1st Round (Leonard, Parker), which have offset Duncan's decline. They've also been able to keep that core together and acquire quality depth because their stars have been willing to take less, which hasn't been the case in LA. Kobe, Pau, & Howard/Bynum have all made top dollar. We've always been a much more top heavy team as a result.

The Spurs will keep winning even without their big three. Their entire system is predicated on drafting well and finding great role players who fit their system.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

The Spurs will keep winning even without their big three. Their entire system is predicated on drafting well and finding great role players who fit their system.

It took them 7 years to win their last one. In those 7 years there were a few sweeps, first round exists, choke jobs, etc.

Everyone who keeps harping on the Spurs have very short memories. That's typically what happens when you win a championship though. Expect the same for the Lakers. Hopefully sooner than later.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

It took them 7 years to win their last one. In those 7 years there were a few sweeps, first round exists, choke jobs, etc.

Everyone who keeps harping on the Spurs have very short memories. That's typically what happens when you win a championship though. Expect the same for the Lakers. Hopefully sooner than later.

By "winning" I meant that they stayed competitive and respectable and didn't fall into the lottery. The Spurs were able to reload without rebuilding. The Lakers thought they could do the same too....but with drastically different results. Whenever they tried to "buy" their way to a championship, the result hasn't been good.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Enjoy not ever winning a ring, and having to pay child support out the ass, you (bleep) made loser.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Before talking, at least, win something first?
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

If you ignore salaries, which you do, then it is apples and oranges comparison. And the Spurs will pay, I think last season's visit to the Finals will be their last in years.

If there's one thing I've learned about the Spurs organization the last few years it's never doubt them. The system that they run will always be effective and will always be attractive to free agents imo.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Better to not add fuel to the fire. It will be very hard for Houston to win a title anyway...just let them expose themselves in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: