Dwight punked us pretty bad...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LOL at those who couldn't care of him leaving couple years ago. that inability to keep Dwight has same if not more negative impact on Lakers these past couple seasons. you can say whatever you want about Dwight, childish, goofying around but the guy brings 17, 10 and 2 while sleep walking. and i have no doubt we'd be in the talks of most likely landing place for Lilliard, Westbrook, and Rondo right about now had Dwight stayed.

I'm not a Dwight fan, but just to add... Dwight was the only one from the Rockets who showed up in last year's playoff series against Portland. If last year's Harden played like this year's Harden (the one who plays defense).. who's to say what could have happened.

We'll see about Harden. He has been horrible his whole career in the playoffs. When the whistle disappears, we'll see if Harden shows up.

True enough.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I mean, I think I've said worse about this current squad. We can all insult Dwight (it's quite easy), but he did speak the truth. Our team is quite horrific based solely on the amount of potential we have on our roster.

Well, of course. We're in a completely different position than the Rockets are. We're essentially paying the price for 2 titles (I'm sure Dwight remembers one of those) and 3 straight trips to the Finals. OTOH, Dwight's starting to feel the effects of how Father Time treats you when you don't have much of a skill set, and the Rockets aren't legitimate contenders.

Just to be clear, we are not where we are because we won two titles.

When are the Spurs going to pay the price for their titles?

Probably in the next year or two, although they've certainly been more sustainable than other teams because of their ability to snag stars in the second half of the 1st Round (Leonard, Parker), which have offset Duncan's decline. They've also been able to keep that core together and acquire quality depth because their stars have been willing to take less, which hasn't been the case in LA. Kobe, Pau, & Howard/Bynum have all made top dollar. We've always been a much more top heavy team as a result.

The Spurs will keep winning even without their big three. Their entire system is predicated on drafting well and finding great role players who fit their system.

It took them 7 years to win their last one. In those 7 years there were a few sweeps, first round exists, choke jobs, etc.

Everyone who keeps harping on the Spurs have very short memories. That's typically what happens when you win a championship though. Expect the same for the Lakers. Hopefully sooner than later.

By "winning" I meant that they stayed competitive and respectable and didn't fall into the lottery. The Spurs were able to reload without rebuilding. The Lakers thought they could do the same too....but with drastically different results. Whenever they tried to "buy" their way to a championship, the result hasn't been good.

We won 3 in a row and 2 in a row. Spurs never repeated. Stop the whining please... It gets real old.
Also, you forgot to take a jab at Jim. Please do so in your next post.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Ironic D12's laughing about the very situation he helped get us into. Not that he's keen enough to understand this.

(bleep) Punk ass (bleep)...
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Agent Zero Ring.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

lol I agree Howard though...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

This franchise is in a freefall. You cant get your panties in a bunch every time the Lakers are the butt of a joke because this is the new reality.

Anyways, as far as the insult burn meter goes, the Geico line barely moves the needle. Compared to "paint your face clown" it is not even a fart in the wind
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

salami wrote:
This franchise is in a freefall. You cant get your panties in a bunch every time the Lakers are the butt of a joke because this is the new reality.

Anyways, as far as the insult burn meter goes, the Geico line barely moves the needle. Compared to "paint your face clown" it is not even a fart in the wind

Here's a reality for you. Even with one of, if not the worse seasons in franchise history

https://interactive.twitter.com/nba_followers/

http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/list/

The Lakers will be back where they belong soon enough. The NBA needs the Lakers

Last edited by Lakers 4 eva on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:

We won 3 in a row and 2 in a row. Spurs never repeated. Stop the whining please... It gets real old.
Also, you forgot to take a jab at Jim. Please do so in your next post.

Sorry Jim, I know you're butthurt that everyone hates you...but thems the breaks.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Every time Dwight comes up, the consensus seems to be that he's a clownish loser and the Lakers are better off without him.

Every time MDA comes up, the consensus seems to be that they should have hired Phil because he would have found a way to make things work and Dwight would still be here right now.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
salami wrote:

Here's a reality for you. Even with one of the if not the worse seasons in franchise history

Keep in mind that this type of thinking has taken the Knicks far.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
salami wrote:

Here's a reality for you. Even with one of the if not the worse seasons in franchise history

The Knicks havent won since the 60's. Dolan has nothing to do with them not winning back then. Lakers and Knicks are on a different tier when it comes to winning. Not even comparable
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Every time Dwight comes up, the consensus seems to be that he's a clownish loser and the Lakers are better off without him.

Every time MDA comes up, the consensus seems to be that they should have hired Phil because he would have found a way to make things work and Dwight would still be here right now.

Nope you're the only one who brings up Phil and Dwight working out. Dwight is a loser but please keep going with your agenda Mr straddle the line of trolling
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
salami wrote:

The Knicks havent won since the 60's. Dolan has nothing to do with them not winning back then. Lakers and Knicks are on a different tier when it comes to winning. Not even comparable

Yes. Thank you for providing further support for my point.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
salami wrote:

Yes. Thank you for providing further support for my point.

Huh? What's your point? Which part of not havent won since the 60's dont you understand? 2010 that long ago? You think the Spurs will win (bleep) once Duncan retires? What free agent have they actually signed thats important?
abella134
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

We might even come to the top sooner than Dwight...Front office knows what they are doing.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

salami wrote:

Agree - it's easy to laugh at because, well, it's Dwight. Can't take it serious.
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight punked us pretty bad...

LakersNewEra wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/25/7891905/dwight-howard-burns-the-lakers-with-a-geico-reference

Quote:
Dwight H. on Lakers: “As I look around their team, I see nothing but untapped potential.”

?

"I don’t know. I just saw it in a commercial.”

Yeah, the Pinocchio commercial.

Has Dwight figured out yet, that the Rockets barely run plays for him anymore? Year 2, and Harden still tells Dwight, to get out of the way.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

DH's antics are just the symptom. Jim Buss is the one that punked us.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Nope you're the only one who brings up Phil and Dwight working out. Dwight is a loser but please keep going with your agenda Mr straddle the line of trolling

You don't have to look very hard in here to find that sentiment. Go to any of the Phil threads that have made here in the last 3 years. You'll find plenty of posts saying Phil would have kept Dwight around and I didnt make a single one of them because I don't believe that.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
villavs wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LOL at those who couldn't care of him leaving couple years ago. that inability to keep Dwight has same if not more negative impact on Lakers these past couple seasons. you can say whatever you want about Dwight, childish, goofying around but the guy brings 17, 10 and 2 while sleep walking. and i have no doubt we'd be in the talks of most likely landing place for Lilliard, Westbrook, and Rondo right about now had Dwight stayed.

I'm not a Dwight fan, but just to add... Dwight was the only one from the Rockets who showed up in last year's playoff series against Portland. If last year's Harden played like this year's Harden (the one who plays defense).. who's to say what could have happened.

We'll see about Harden. He has been horrible his whole career in the playoffs. When the whistle disappears, we'll see if Harden shows up.

that's what people don't understand about Harden.. playoff time.. it gets more intense.. touch fouls aren't called as much. so he won't get there 10 times a game like he normally does. i mean.. he leads the league in that category..

Harden got to the line 11 and 8 times a night over the last two postseasons, compared to 9 a night in both regular seasons. That myth needs to die.

He has been garbage the last two playoffs though.

Very creative dig Howard. Not a good look to talk smack on the bench in a suit though....
jjin28
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I dont get it. Did kobe say the untapped potential thing or something? Please explain
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Shouldn't Dwight be focusing on his team, who got their butt handed to them 4 times by the Warriors after they said "they aren't even that good".

I guess the Rockets like to talk trash, and just like trash they get taken out.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Well..pains me to say it but I think we are being sore losers as a fanbase re Dwight.
Which is out of character for us because we're used to winning and in this case, he left us..he feuded with Kobe...all of that deeply offends us and hurts our ego.

Don't get me wrong, Dwight is an absolute clown, not in a good way. Dude is a punk.
Would I like if he stayed? Sure.
He is not all that, certainly not an MVP candidate he was back in Orlando but he is still an impact player.

He did make a great decision for himself, I do give him that. He took less money, he knew he'd face the backlash and he still chose the Rockets. Gotta respect that.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I mean, I think I've said worse about this current squad. We can all insult Dwight (it's quite easy), but he did speak the truth. Our team is quite horrific based solely on the amount of potential we have on our roster.

Well, of course. We're in a completely different position than the Rockets are. We're essentially paying the price for 2 titles (I'm sure Dwight remembers one of those) and 3 straight trips to the Finals. OTOH, Dwight's starting to feel the effects of how Father Time treats you when you don't have much of a skill set, and the Rockets aren't legitimate contenders.

Just to be clear, we are not where we are because we won two titles.

When are the Spurs going to pay the price for their titles?

Probably in the next year or two, although they've certainly been more sustainable than other teams because of their ability to snag stars in the second half of the 1st Round (Leonard, Parker), which have offset Duncan's decline. They've also been able to keep that core together and acquire quality depth because their stars have been willing to take less, which hasn't been the case in LA. Kobe, Pau, & Howard/Bynum have all made top dollar. We've always been a much more top heavy team as a result.

The Spurs will keep winning even without their big three. Their entire system is predicated on drafting well and finding great role players who fit their system.

I think that the spurs offense has evolved with today's NBA. I remember when they were slow and boring
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
golaker wrote:
I don't get it...

Rockets = not winning a championship.

Lakers = not winning a championship.

Lakers fans don't think you're in a better situation buddy, we're not jealous of teams finishing in 2nd place.

They're not finishing in 2nd place either.
They wont win it, but the chance is better there then here these days!

At least he's enjoying the season. He wakes up on game day knowing there is a damned good chance he will win his game tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: