Ireland: "Lakers showcasing Jordan Hill for Trade" - (BKN first round pick? - p.19)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Ireland: "Lakers showcasing Jordan Hill for Trade" - (BKN first round pick? - p.19)

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=12232439

@11:00 minute mark.

Quote:
"The Lakers are going young. This is exactly what you (a member of team tank) would want. Just looking at the starting line-up, doesn't this give you the best chance of the team not winning? Clarkson and Ellington in the back court, Sacre at center, Kelly at the three, and Jordan Hill at the four... and Jordan Hill you would think is the prime candidate to be traded. The reason they are playing him is to showcase him. He has a very friendly contract with a team option at the end. So any contenders that trade for him gets a favorable deal this year, and if you want to bring him back, $9 million in the NBA is not the end of the world."

It's John Ireland but it makes for good trade scenarios!

Plus Ireland, gasp, now sounds open to, gasp...

If anything else, check out my new sig!

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1c/1c5d5c5ff122731b5b4ac9a798aad61c9e28b0fdae1d9832cddb5ad812472f53.jpg
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Both Lakers mouthpieces have finally spoken. Lakers officially embracing the tank.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

lol^
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject:

It had to happen sooner or later. So early in the season, and everyone is already giving up...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

About damn time!
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

jordan hill for chuck hayes + torono's 2nd rounder? the raptors do seemingly need size.

andre miller + dejuan blair + 2nd rounder for jordan hill?

i don't think there are many potential destinations for jordan.

Last edited by misterrunon on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we can get a couple of picks for Hill and Lin. Having 6 picks in one draft could be huge.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

The Nuggets could use J.Hill. Hill is much more of a Center than JJ Hickson, their current backup
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
It had to happen sooner or later. So early in the season, and everyone is already giving up...

Early? Were are already past the halfway point in the season.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Both Lakers mouthpieces have finally spoken. Lakers officially embracing the tank.

I certainly hope that's the case.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Get rid of him. Picks or young guys with potential please.

What about OKC? They need big men and they are loaded with guys we could use who they never play, like Lamb and Perry Jones.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Nuggets could use J.Hill. Hill is much more of a Center than JJ Hickson, their current backup

if they really wanted to fill that spot, they wouldn't have traded mozgov away.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

mitch just lost his daughter. Would anybody really be surprised if we didn't make any trades before the deadline?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
mitch just lost his daughter. Would anybody really be surprised if we didn't make any trades before the deadline?

Mitch was with Kobe at the Shoulder doctor. He took a leave of absence and now he's back
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think getting rid of Hill really moves the needle much in the tankathon. If anything, it finally gets him out of the way so that the wings and guards can finally get into the paint without having to kick back out to him for the 21 footer. The real reason to deal him is to get a team desperate for size and depth to give up an asset. If they believe the tanking excuse, all the better.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

seems like speculation to me. trying to figure out the reasoning for scotts basketball decisions is a waste of time. he really has no clue what he's doing.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I never thought Hills contract was that trade friendly
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think getting rid of Hill really moves the needle much in the tankathon. If anything, it finally gets him out of the way so that the wings and guards can finally get into the paint without having to kick back out to him for the 21 footer. The real reason to deal him is to get a team desperate for size and depth to give up an asset. If they believe the tanking excuse, all the better.

Jordan Hill doesn't camp in the paint. He gets most of his points on the perimeter. So guards not penetrating is really a fault of their skills not Jordan Hill. And honestly there have been many games where his scoring on the perimeter has kept the lakers from getting blown out. He needs to be traded because I am afraid he will fluke us some wins.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't really see a market out there for Lin or Hill right now without taking a bad contract back.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ISOM wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jordan Hill doesn't camp in the paint. He gets most of his points on the perimeter. So guards not penetrating is really a fault of their skills not Jordan Hill. And honestly there have been many games where his scoring on the perimeter has kept the lakers from getting blown out. He needs to be traded because I am afraid he will fluke us some wins.

You don't understand. He's on the perimeter, but his man's in the paint. Why do you think he's always open?

Something similar was going on with the 2013 Suns:

Quote:
One adjustment Hornacek discussed was how when looking at the Suns' dreadful offense in 2013 (Phoenix ranked 29th in points per possession via Basketball-Reference.com), the coaching staff could see that the power forwards were clogged at the elbow, preventing Dragic and the other point guards from attacking. So immediately the staff set to work in moving Markieff Morris, the surprising young star for the team, down low. The result has been better work on the offensive glass, more efficiency from Morris, and more room for Dragic and Bledsoe to create.

I would add, it's not just the perimeter players that he gets in the way of, but also the roll men.

Last edited by fiendishoc on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
ISOM wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You don't understand. He's on the perimeter, but his man's in the paint. Why do you think he's always open?

Quote:
One adjustment Hornacek discussed was how when looking at the Suns' dreadful offense in 2013 (Phoenix ranked 29th in points per possession via Basketball-Reference.com), the coaching staff could see that the power forwards were clogged at the elbow, preventing Dragic and the other point guards from attacking. So immediately the staff set to work in moving Markieff Morris, the surprising young star for the team, down low. The result has been better work on the offensive glass, more efficiency from Morris, and more room for Dragic and Bledsoe to create.

I see what you're saying, and I see it happen nearly every play. A guard calls for a pick, Hill saunters up, sets what can best be described as a transparent/weightless screen, and proceeds to float to the top of the key with the guard either doubled or unable to drive into a clogged paint, forced to pass it out to Hill for a low percentage 2 point shot.

You can get away with that if you are Dirk or LMA. Not if you're Jordan Hill.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I like hill, but he's just an energy guy. If it means picks, then trade him.

Lin, hill and maybe Ellington as a throw in, can maybe get us a pick.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

And if this doesnt happen, are they going to send Ireland and his drive in movie theater forehead to the same witness protection program where they sent jack haley? Can Haley come back now? He was right eventually. Boozer is a Laker. COME ON Lakers, bring him back.
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
ISOM wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

I would add, it's not just the perimeter players that he gets in the way of, but also the roll men.

And what I'm saying is that Hill has actually been making them pay. He has been scoring from the perimeter at a decent clip for the past couple of weeks now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22
Jump to: