Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

Watching Ellington blossom into a deadly three point shooter has been nice to watch. He has signifivpcantly elevated his game this season and has shown why he is one of the deadliest shooters in the NBA. Despite the bad season I think he is the silver lining amidst all the injuries and disappointments of the season.

I worry however if we are going to be able to hold on to this guy. Many teams have noticed him and he is obviously in the scouting reports as a guy you cannot give an inch of space to. Hopefully we will not have to pay him over 6 mill next season.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Its the guys like this the FO has over the years dropped the ball on. The key role players KEEEP them. When you Bulid a contender he will be a key part of it.

But every summer Mitch and Jim allow these guys to leave.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Iirc, his shooting numbers was pretty good in Dallas last season already.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

all star?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

he's been a career 39% 3 point shooter. he actually shot better in his past 2 seasons. nothing out of the ordinary for him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

Jeggs wrote:
Watching Ellington blossom into a deadly three point shooter has been nice to watch. He has signifivpcantly elevated his game this season and has shown why he is one of the deadliest shooters in the NBA. Despite the bad season I think he is the silver lining amidst all the injuries and disappointments of the season.

I worry however if we are going to be able to hold on to this guy. Many teams have noticed him and he is obviously in the scouting reports as a guy you cannot give an inch of space to. Hopefully we will not have to pay him over 6 mill next season.

Yeah, amazing how he "blossomed" from a guy who shot 42.4% from 3-point land last year to 40.9% this year. And I love how he "significantly elevated" his game from a career 7-2-1 guy to an 8-3-1 guy this this year.

Who could have predicted an improvement of 0.8 ppg and 0.9 rpg above his career average? Breakout year, to be sure.

He may be the new Bill Russell.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:

watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

activeverb wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Yeah, amazing how he "blossomed" from a guy who shot 42.4% from 3-point land last year to 40.9% this year. And I love how he "significantly elevated" his game from a career 7-2-1 guy to an 8-3-1 guy this this year.

Who could have predicted an improvement of 0.8 ppg and 0.9 rpg above his career average? Breakout year, to be sure.

not a fan of ellington, but you are just looking at numbers, what about the affect he brings with his range. Thats -1 defender inside the painted area where everyone wants to go. So the question is: can ellington be consistent enough with his role of spreading the court, if he does, he could be important.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

watchME wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

not a fan of ellington, but you are just looking at numbers, what about the affect he brings with his range. Thats -1 defender inside the painted area where everyone wants to go. So the question is: can ellington be consistent enough with his role of spreading the court, if he does, he could be important.

if a player significantly improves, so will his numbers AND playing time. he wouldn't be getting only 20 minutes per game on a bottom feeding team. if you want to talk about significant improvement, perhaps more than the stats show, look at jodie meeks after we signed him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

watchME wrote:

The affect of his range this year is no different than it was last year or 5 years ago when he was a rookie and shot 40% from 3-point land. He's been a good 3-point shooter since he came into the NBA. He's a 5-year veteran who's having a very typical year for him. I wonder if the people commenting in this thread know anything about the guy.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
all star?

Jeggs never ceases to amaze me. I like how much Wayne's improved since the preseason, and I wouldn't mind having him come back next season, but COME ON!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
all star?

Just go with it.

!...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
22 wrote:
all star?

Just go with it.

That was a typo. I am pretty sure he meant he's an all-NBA 3-point shooter.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.

activeverb wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

[No name calling. You should know better. -CL]
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
22 wrote:
all star?

Just go with it.

That was a typo. I am pretty sure he meant he's an all-NBA 3-point shooter.

Or hall of famer perhaps?
daytrader
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

I really like Wayne. If he got more open 3s, his 3pt percentage would have been even better.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Possible most improved player?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

lol this guy is the worst "pure shooter" in the league
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

"all star" and "silver lining" on the same sentence with Ellington...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

wheres kobe 2.0
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

Ellington should be a 4th guard off the bench. Should still be around the league for another 4-5 years. Decent player.
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

February, hurry up and get here. Thanks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
February, hurry up and get here. Thanks.

Want NBA Lottery night to be over first. I'd rather not spend any time looking at prospects if we don't have a pick.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

Good shooter but this offense limits the amount of chances he gets. Wonder how he would fare in a team like the Hawks or Spurs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: