Full Circle: Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Full Circle: Kobe

First, I have nothing but deep gratitude and respect for all Kobe has done for the franchise. He's a top 10 all-time in my book (and that's the only list I care about). I appreciate everything he's done, even during the Smush era when his gameplay was the stuff of legends.

Second, the end is near. I think he comes back next year but it's not going to be the Kobe we are accustomed to.

Third, I still stand by my criticisms of Kobe's extension. It made business sense but from a basketball standpoint was a terrible decision. I do think Kobe would have returned to the Lakers on a smaller contract, but it is what it is.

It's time to come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. The circle is closing. Time to bury the hatchet from the various beef that fellow Lakers fans have created over Kobe over the years. Since he's gotten hurt this year, I've had a much more positive affinity for Kobe. I sense that greatness is about to pass by.

I hope we can all come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. We watched him from his maiden voyage and he is about to take his final one. Time to cheer him on next year, don't worry about the salary cap implications of his contract, how this affects rebuilds, etc., and just enjoy him.

Time to appreciate him before he's no longer there to do so.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
First, I have nothing but deep gratitude and respect for all Kobe has done for the franchise. He's a top 10 all-time in my book (and that's the only list I care about). I appreciate everything he's done, even during the Smush era when his gameplay was the stuff of legends.

Second, the end is near. I think he comes back next year but it's not going to be the Kobe we are accustomed to.

Third, I still stand by my criticisms of Kobe's extension. It made business sense but from a basketball standpoint was a terrible decision. I do think Kobe would have returned to the Lakers on a smaller contract, but it is what it is.

It's time to come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. The circle is closing. Time to bury the hatchet from the various beef that fellow Lakers fans have created over Kobe over the years. Since he's gotten hurt this year, I've had a much more positive affinity for Kobe. I sense that greatness is about to pass by.

I hope we can all come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. We watched him from his maiden voyage and he is about to take his final one. Time to cheer him on next year, don't worry about the salary cap implications of his contract, how this affects rebuilds, etc., and just enjoy him.

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:

ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Great post.
fan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:

Thank you Kobe. True Legend.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Great post

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Nice sentiments, yinoma.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. Now that I see the end is near no more complaints from me about Kobe. Just gonna enjoy the remaining show.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah. Now that I see the end is near no more comaints from me about Kobe. Just gonna enjoy the remaining show.

Yep. It is calming in a way, to just watch a few of the youngsters play and wait for the FO to make their moves. I'm not ready for the Kobe retrospectives and there is just too much on the horizon to worry about the inevitable tank for the rest of this year, so I find myself broadening my Laker focus to include much more of the NBA and College.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

About freakin time! Great post OP. My prediction for this thread is 1 page maybe two.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
About freakin time! Great post OP. My prediction for this thread is 1 page maybe two.

I know I have pissed and moaned about kobe the past 2 seasons but make no mistake, I have a deep respect for him and will truly miss him. Part of my frustration was the hope both he and the team could get him to a place where he could contend to his final minute in the NBA.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

great post.
for those who hate Kobe,
do you think Lakers would be worth 26b without him?
this dude has brought us some much, and it not right to hate him for any reason.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
great post.
for those who hate Kobe,
this dude has brought us some much, and it not right to hate him for any reason.

i dont know the exact number but there is no way in hell the lakers are worth 26billion
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
great post.
for those who hate Kobe,

i dont know the exact number but there is no way in hell the lakers are worth 26billion

He meant 2.6 I think. That's what Forbes put them at in a recent article.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to miss him so much. Not sure if a lot of people can relate to me but I feel like I grew up with him, like he's been a part of my life and I'll feel like a piece of me is gone. Thank you for all the memories and inspiration. i look forward to seeing flashes of what Kobe has handed down to the next generation
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is top 5 all time. I hope he comes back strong next year.

I don't think this injury would be season ending if the team was competitive but rather it's a lost season so what's the point
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Kobe is top 5 all time. I hope he comes back strong next year.

I don't think this injury would be season ending if the team was competitive but rather it's a lost season so what's the point

Definitely top 5.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
I'm going to miss him so much. Not sure if a lot of people can relate to me but I feel like I grew up with him, like he's been a part of my life and I'll feel like a piece of me is gone. Thank you for all the memories and inspiration. i look forward to seeing flashes of what Kobe has handed down to the next generation

Yeah I was in 7th grade his first year in 96. I definitely can relate to the growing up with him sentiment.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:

As someone who watched every game of his first two seasons in the league, it was hard to imagine a day when he was no longer in the NBA. It's finally hitting me that that the day is coming very soon. You're completely right about us needing to step back and appreciate him while we still can.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to post this as someone who was labeled a "Kobe hater" by some to show that I don't really hate the guy. How could you hate someone that has been this important to my favorite team? I was hoping this would give some legitimacy that it's a good time for all the parties on all the ends of the Kobe spectrum to come together.

No more Bloods and Crips re: Kobe. Just grateful Lakers fans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

If he can come in and give us 25 good minutes a game for 60+ games next season, that would be fantastic. If not, I hope he retires. He has earned the right to make that decision on his own, though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As someone who watched every game of his first two seasons in the league, it was hard to imagine a day when he was no longer in the NBA. It's finally hitting me that that the day is coming very soon. You're completely right about us needing to step back and appreciate him while we still can.

Watching him leave the court against the Pelicans, it hit me too. We're at the end of the line. Time to come together.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Why do I hear "The End" playing in the background when I read this thread?

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Why do I hear "The End" playing in the background when I read this thread?

Soundtrack is Boyz II Men's "End of the Road..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: