Full Circle: Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

EmoDias wrote:
Fudge yall! Kobe is not done! Yes he's a little melodramatic but he will come back and make all you haters eat lots of crow. If Nash can milk, than Kobe can too. Contract year!!!

I think we're all done with "crow" talk and just hoping he can play a reasonable amount of games next season.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

Frankly. I don't really have any particular notion to make friends with Kobe haters. Those that have trashed him for almost two decades now can really go kiss my ass.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

Frankly. I don't really have any particular notion to make friends with Kobe haters. Those that have trashed him for almost two decades now can really go kiss my ass.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

That's a great attitude to have.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I have the 2010 series on Blu-Ray. Every once in a while I'll watch it to remember the good ole' days. If basketball just ended with the Lakers winning in game 7 against the Celtics I might have been just fine. The lasting image for me of Kobe (in a competitive sense, since the years after 2010 have been pretty much nothing playoff-wise) is that while struggling on a 6-24 night, he grabbed 17 rebounds, went to the FT lines. The image of Pau, Artest, Odom, Fisher all collectively getting Kobe's back, that was a thing of beauty.

Jordan Farmar & the bench did their jobs too. What a great game 7.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I have the 2010 series on Blu-Ray. Every once in a while I'll watch it to remember the good ole' days. If basketball just ended with the Lakers winning in game 7 against the Celtics I might have been just fine. The lasting image for me of Kobe (in a competitive sense, since the years after 2010 have been pretty much nothing playoff-wise) is that while struggling on a 6-24 night, he grabbed 17 rebounds, went to the FT lines. The image of Pau, Artest, Odom, Fisher all collectively getting Kobe's back, that was a thing of beauty.

Remember Game 6 when Farmar/Shannon Brown went nuts? Or Farmar's dunk in KG's face. Love that series.
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Yup. To hell with them. Especially those that claim to be Laker fans. Lakers fans wouldn't trash their GOAT.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

ROTL wrote:

Yup. To hell with them. Especially those that claim to be Laker fans. Lakers fans wouldn't trash their GOAT.

Such is your right. Not sure what holding onto that bitterness when he's gone is going to help you but so be it.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Remember Game 6 when Farmar/Shannon Brown went nuts? Or Farmar's dunk in KG's face. Love that series.

Everyone on that team was fearless. They all wanted to go at Boston's best players. Nobody wan intimidated by their fake and pathetic tough guy vibe they tried to put out there. Even Sasha did his part.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Circle: Kobe

yinoma2001 wrote:
First, I have nothing but deep gratitude and respect for all Kobe has done for the franchise. He's a top 10 all-time in my book (and that's the only list I care about). I appreciate everything he's done, even during the Smush era when his gameplay was the stuff of legends.

Second, the end is near. I think he comes back next year but it's not going to be the Kobe we are accustomed to.

Third, I still stand by my criticisms of Kobe's extension. It made business sense but from a basketball standpoint was a terrible decision. I do think Kobe would have returned to the Lakers on a smaller contract, but it is what it is.

It's time to come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. The circle is closing. Time to bury the hatchet from the various beef that fellow Lakers fans have created over Kobe over the years. Since he's gotten hurt this year, I've had a much more positive affinity for Kobe. I sense that greatness is about to pass by.

I hope we can all come together as Lakers fans for Kobe. We watched him from his maiden voyage and he is about to take his final one. Time to cheer him on next year, don't worry about the salary cap implications of his contract, how this affects rebuilds, etc., and just enjoy him.

Time to appreciate him before he's no longer there to do so.

I'm down w/this! :thumbs up:

I've always been one of Kobe's staunch supporters. I'm glad the FO gave Kobe this current contract too. This was payback; the TWC is because of Kobe, PERIOD! He is the last of a dying breed playing his entire career for one team. This is what makes me happy. One of the all time greats who helped this franchise to continue it's dominance until these rash of injuries. The injuries make me sad!

The best scenario is Kobe is to fully recover next year. If it's his destiny to not have a competitive team, I'll be bummed since he really deserves one last shot @ a 6th title. It's doubtful this would happen, but who knows.

Regardless, I hope Kobe gets a chance to walk away from this game on HIS terms. Love him or not, this man leaves everything ounce of his being because he loves the game & he's a crazy, obsessed SOB too. Funny thing that's an enduring quality about him. He's 'ours'! We've watched him as a skinny 17 year-old air ball hoisting kid to a 5 time champ! Some of us get a little protective because of this!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: