Kevin Ding Commentary: Lakers could trade top 5 pick and Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I would package Randle's ass and the pick for the UniBrow faster than you can say UniBrow.....and wouldn't think twice.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

If given the choice....1st overall and randle for either Bron/Durant/Anthony Davis I would do it. But would the cavs/Thunder or Pelicans? I just cannot see it....Unless they knew they were walking in advance perhaps?
pooh108159
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I have been saying this for a month now. Okc is done and it could be durant getting traded or westbrook. If marc gasol sees that hapen he will come. Clarkson also is going to play a big part in trading for westbrook or durant. I see la trying to do what the celts did that year they got ray and kg.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Ya change of topic when u have nothing better to say. There is no need to complain without knowing the details

Jim99187 wrote:
Ok

Ring any bells?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

AD is the only one i would consider for that package, but ultimately i think i decline. I just have high expectations for randle.

I'd hang up the phone on a wiggins/lavine offer lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins is a better prospect for Randle IMO and I'm very high on Randle.

Any of the top 6 guys this year are far better prospects than Levine so that is an easy no.

Obviously it's impossible to predict where we finish but I'm very high on Okafor and Russell. IMO those 2 are going to end up the best of the draft. Okafor is my #1 and Russell #2 but no matter who we get, I'm not trading both unless it can get AD or it can lead to a championship ready team net year.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

pooh108159 wrote:
I have been saying this for a month now. Okc is done and it could be durant getting traded or westbrook. If marc gasol sees that hapen he will come. Clarkson also is going to play a big part in trading for westbrook or durant. I see la trying to do what the celts did that year they got ray and kg.

They are not done, but its a situation to keep an eye on. IMO Westbrook is more obatinable then KD who is a east coast guy. I dont see him wanting to be a Laker. Westbrook on the other hand...

If only we could package J Hill for a another late 1st rd pick then package both the hou pick along with it for 10-13ish pick

I'd then Offer OKC the lotto pick for Westbrook and see if they take it and honestly they'd be stupid not to.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Any of the top 6 guys this year are far better prospects than Levine so that is an easy no.

Obviously it's impossible to predict where we finish but I'm very high on Okafor and Russell. IMO those 2 are going to end up the best of the draft. Okafor is my #1 and Russell #2 but no matter who we get, I'm not trading both unless it can get AD or it can lead to a championship ready team net year.

Yeah I dont know how anyone could prefer Randle instead of Wiggins. Wiggins is a perfect 2 in the NBA and could even slide over to the 3. I think his floor is that of Harrison Barnes. And his ceiling is a superstar player.

But with Julius Randle - he's still an undersized 4 with short arms. He's a tweener. Maybe he can be a feisty rebounder - give you something like what Kenneth Faried does but with some more offensive moves. But overall, I think his ceiling is limited and his floor is pretty bad.

Some of these undersized 4s end up stinking in the NBA. I'm thinking Anthony Bennett being a prime example.

I'm not that sold on Russell. I've seen Ohio State play quite a bit and watched that kid in high school. He's a natural scorer that has score first mentality- not a PG. He has the athleticism of a Michael Carter Williams - meaning not very athletic. So, a guy with a scorer's first game but not much strength or athleticism - i think he can put up numbers in college but I question his transition to the NBA.

Mudiay is a Russell Westbrook clone. I'll take my chances developing a guy like that rather than Russell.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Randle is going to be a dominant player in the league. You don't move him...
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:

That's total speculation at this point, similar to saying he will be injury prone or one dimensional (left hand drive only)...nothing is guaranteed from him.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
2019 wrote:

Yeah I dont know how anyone could prefer Randle instead of Wiggins. Wiggins is a perfect 2 in the NBA and could even slide over to the 3. I think his floor is that of Harrison Barnes. And his ceiling is a superstar player.

But with Julius Randle - he's still an undersized 4 with short arms. He's a tweener. Maybe he can be a feisty rebounder - give you something like what Kenneth Faried does but with some more offensive moves. But overall, I think his ceiling is limited and his floor is pretty bad.

Some of these undersized 4s end up stinking in the NBA. I'm thinking Anthony Bennett being a prime example.

I'm not that sold on Russell. I've seen Ohio State play quite a bit and watched that kid in high school. He's a natural scorer that has score first mentality- not a PG. He has the athleticism of a Michael Carter Williams - meaning not very athletic. So, a guy with a scorer's first game but not much strength or athleticism - i think he can put up numbers in college but I question his transition to the NBA.
Mudiay is a Russell Westbrook clone. I'll take my chances developing a guy like that rather than Russell.

I agree on this. I wacthed a few games and videos and I cant help but think wow hes a supercharged version of LGs fav KENDALL MARSHALL.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
LakersFanESS wrote:

That's total speculation at this point, similar to saying he will be injury prone or one dimensional (left hand drive only)...nothing is guaranteed from him.

there is evidence that he is injury prone. he broke his foot in high school, played college ball for a year, and then now he broke his tibia.

if he can stay healthy, though, i think it's more likely that he'll be an 18/8 player or better. i really like his upside.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't even move Randle for Lebron at this point, not like it matters, he's not coming to LA anyways.
I would consider getting Anthony Davis if I had to trade Randle....but we don't know what he brings to the table, since he got injured at the first game of the season so its all speculation at this point.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Randle's value is at an all-time low with his lack of experience and obvious injury concerns. Trading him now would be like selling a stock right near its bottom. Give the kid a year to at least create some value if we are going to start talking about trading him.

Realistically, a package like that would MAYBE land Carmelo at best. It's a terrible trade in every aspect.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:

Lol don't jinx him. I think he'll be good but I also get nervous because of how often undersized 4s fail. Anthony Bennett, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams, joe Alexander, Al farauq amino just to name a few.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject:

New Orleans could trade Anthony Davis too

They could, but they won't
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I wouldn't even move Randle for Lebron at this point,

You wouldn't trade a rookie with a broken leg who hasn't proven anything for the best player in the game? You must really like this kid.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Let's say, hypothetically we get the #1 pick. We draft Okafor and Randle comes back 100% healthy. Would you guys trade those two for Anthony Davis?

In half a second.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

You wouldn't trade a rookie with a broken leg who hasn't proven anything for the best player in the game? You must really like this kid.

he's probably thinking that he doesn't want to start a rebuild with a 30 year old lebron and a 36 year old kobe.

i'm not sure if i'd want lebron as a starting piece for a rebuild either. if he were 26, it would be a no brainer to take lebron though.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I wouldn't trade him because its not an option.
Lebron is one of those players who would be fine playing in the eastern conference his entire career, its a relatively easy path to the Finals.
2nd, as one of the few players who can hold a gun to an owners head because of his name, I don't think he will want to come to LA, despite our history. He is one of those players whose brand is bigger than some teams, so he is fine playing for smaller market teams like the Cavs or Miami. As a player with a huge brand, he has more power over these teams versus a large market team like the Lakers or Knicks, who may have owners who wouldn't yield to all his demands.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

he's probably thinking that he doesn't want to start a rebuild with a 30 year old lebron and a 36 year old kobe.

i'm not sure if i'd want lebron as a starting piece for a rebuild either. if he were 26, it would be a no brainer to take lebron though.

He'd sure be a nice piece to start off with, and in 2016 you add another. Unless you think that Randle will contribute more than Lebron would???
Players would come join Lebron - can't say the same about Randle.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yep, thats what I'm thinking.
Lebron's best years are here or are behind him. When you consider that he is going to be in his mid 30's in only a couple of seasons that isn't a very large window to play with.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Lebron is one of those players who would be fine playing in the eastern conference his entire career, its a relatively easy path to the Finals.
2nd, as one of the few players who can hold a gun to an owners head because of his name, I don't think he will want to come to LA, despite our history. He is one of those players whose brand is bigger than some teams, so he is fine playing for smaller market teams like the Cavs or Miami.

That's quite different than your prior post which you claim that you wouldn't trade for him, meaning that it would be your choice not to, not because it's not an option.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yep, thats what I'm thinking.
Lebron's best years are here or are behind him. When you consider that he is going to be in his mid 30's in only a couple of seasons that isn't a very large window to play with.

Wait, you're saying you wouldn't because he's on the downswing, but I thought it was because it's not an option. Why exactly are you bouncing around on this?
And by the way, he turned 30 a month ago, so in 2 seasons he's not in his mid 30's, but rather early 30's.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
55 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

2nd, as one of the few players who can hold a gun to an owners head because of his name, I don't think he will want to come to LA, despite our history. He is one of those players whose brand is bigger than some teams, so he is fine playing for smaller market teams like the Cavs or Miami.

That's quite different than your prior post which you claim that you wouldn't trade for him, meaning that it would be your choice not to, not because it's not an option.

Let me make it clear. Lebron wouldn't come to LA period. He made that choice clear this past summer. So to say that trading Randle for Lebron would be a realistic option doesn't take into consideration Lebron's power.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: