Kevin Ding Commentary: Lakers could trade top 5 pick and Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

What a ridiculous premise. Let's trade all our picks for mercenaries with no guarantee of a championship. Yeah, that's real smart. Every team in the playoffs has a combination of homegrown talent, and talent that was traded for. And ding is recommending to trade both of our top 10 picks? Jesus..
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Its funny how too pick is assumed as Okafor

Okafor, towns, Russel, Mudlay. Those are all great pieces to build upon. The lakers have not sniffed a finals run since 2010. I think they can wait a couple of more years and not rushing trades for no reason.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jim Buss doesn't have time to wait for Julius Randle to get healthy and steadily evolve into someone who can lead the Lakers. That makes Randle either a supporting player to help incoming free agents—or a promising prospect, one the Lakers truly believe, to be flipped in a trade for greater immediate potential.

^ Is Jim Buss rushing this because he promised to step down after 2 more years unless we're contending?

Complete epic front office FAIL if this were to happen just to try and save your job.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Lakers forward Julius Randle has changed representation, hiring CAA's Aaron Mintz and Steve Heumann. Randle was seventh pick in 2014 Draft.

I dont know why this is news or what this really means, if anything, but CAA usually wants their guys in LA.
Also could you change the title to kevin ding speculates on several rebuilding options, cuz that title almost gave me a heart attack
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
Jim Buss doesn't have time to wait for Julius Randle to get healthy and steadily evolve into someone who can lead the Lakers. That makes Randle either a supporting player to help incoming free agents—or a promising prospect, one the Lakers truly believe, to be flipped in a trade for greater immediate potential.

Is Jim Buss rushing this because he promised to step down after 2 more years unless we're contending?

Complete FAIL if this were to happen.

Which is why I don't like the whole "he'll be fired timeline" it can lead to rushed decisions that forfeit the future.

I'm hopeful the FO won't do that. But I still hate to see it even be suggested lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:

^ Is Jim Buss rushing this because he promised to step down after 2 more years unless we're contending?

Complete epic front office FAIL if this were to happen just to try and save your job.

The ironic thing is that rushing a trade because he might get fired is what could hasten is firing.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers weren't willing to trade Julius for Rondo, so it is safe to assume that they won't trade the pick and Julius blindly. Unless the only reason that they said no was because of Rondo's contract status.

I understand that they players have to show growth in order to attract a star or 2 in 16, but I really hope that they keep Julius and the pick. 2 star players should be good enough for playoffs. 2 guys on rookie contracts and the cap saving can push the Lakers into contention.

It is not easy to be like the Cavs and get Love and Lebron in one summer, but having a young stud or two, and the ability to get 2 stars with some cap left over is enticing. Or sign a lesser star this summer.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No, no, no, and no. Unless we're trading those pieces for Anthony Davis, and ONLY Anthony Davis, it's studpid. those two pieces ARE the reason Durant would come in 2016. He won't come to play with Kevin Love or someone like that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
‏@WojYahooNBA
Lakers forward Julius Randle has changed representation, hiring CAA's Aaron Mintz and Steve Heumann. Randle was seventh pick in 2014 Draft.

I dont know why this is news or what this really means, if anything, but CAA usually wants their guys in LA.
Also could you change the title to kevin ding speculates on several rebuilding options, cuz that title almost gave me a heart attack

Seriously. I think I did black out for a few seconds
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

For next year I would rather they go full swing on the youth revolution. Feature the youngsters like Randle, Clarkson, Black (assuming he's part of the future), Kelly and the #5 pick + Houston's 1st. It should be about Kobe mentoring the young kids and making sure they are ready to take on the torch from Kobe. Enough of this "we're better than what other people say" crap. Us fans can probably tolerate another year of losing so long as we see some light of the future with the kids.

On the fascination with Marc Gasol
- He's fine and all. But he's 29 years old! By the time you've built the team around him he's probably be 31 or 32. And by then he'd be even older and maybe the injuries are starting to pile up.

The only star worth the trouble - Of the players in the league, the only 1 I really see that's worthwhile building around is Durant because by 2016 he'd be entering his prime years.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

I hope they didn't forget how they landed Shaq. It was because a "bunch of kids" were actually pretty good, which enticed Shaq to come.

Man, I hope they don't mortgage our future for guys like Gasol or Alridge. In all these articles talking about this crop, no writer has mentioned the downside of these guys.. THEY ARE ENTERING THEIR 30's!
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I hope they didn't forget how they landed Shaq. It was because a "bunch of kids" were actually pretty good, which enticed Shaq to come.

Man, I hope they don't mortgage our future for guys like Gasol or Alridge. In all these articles talking about this crop, no writer has mentioned the downside of these guys.. THEY ARE ENTERING THEIR 30's!

I hope we sign a younger free agent like Knight or Harris for this very reason. Either one of those two plus Randle and our top 5 pick would be a great young core to build around.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Unless they're trading Randle and the pick for Durant or Anthony Davis like someone else mentioned, Kevin Ding is blowing smoke.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Unless they're trading Randle and the pick for Durant or Anthony Davis like someone else mentioned, Kevin Ding is blowing smoke.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
‏@WojYahooNBA

not a violent dude, but if it happened...I would probably have to find somebody to smack
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

ISOM wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:

The ironic thing is that rushing a trade because he might get fired is what could hasten is firing.
The thing is that he has to do something, trying to bring in some big names with what he has. Doing nothing and wait aint gonna help his cause.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
No, no, no, and no. Unless we're trading those pieces for Anthony Davis, and ONLY Anthony Davis, it's studpid. those two pieces ARE the reason Durant would come in 2016. He won't come to play with Kevin Love or someone like that.

So durant won't come to play with a proven play but will come to play with 2 guys coming off their rookie year
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

So durant won't come to play with a proven play but will come to play with 2 guys coming off their rookie year

Getting durant is and will continue to be a long shot. All things considered give me cap space and two studs on rookie deals.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

If we could trade Randle and a top 5 pick and end up with Kawai and Jimmy Butler I would be very happy. Anyone else worth trading the picks for is not likely on the market and anyone near 30 would not be worth it.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

They should include Nick Young as a throw-in. He won't add much value, but at least they'd be helping us out immensely.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kevin Ding Commentary: Lakers could trade top 5 pick and Randle

CaliRyderX wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Even if top unrestricted free agents such as Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe and Rajon Rondo (or restricted free agents Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green) don't want to come to the Lakers or switch teams at all this summer, the Lakers do plan on upgrading the roster in some meaningful way. It is imperative to show some roster progress next season to set the table to sell Kevin Durant and others in 2016.

Quote:
As much as fans are focused on the Lakers losing enough to keep a top-five 2015 draft pick that otherwise would have to be conveyed to Phoenix from the Steve Nash trade, the reality remains that the Lakers aren't about waiting for a bunch of kids to grow up.

So, yes, keeping the pick is a big deal—but it very well might be more important as a trade asset than for some raw talent who almost surely will be just finishing his freshman year in college. The Lakers also likely will get Houston's 2015 first-round pick from the Lin salary dump, but it won't be any higher than 15th.

Whereas Boston can't expect a free-agent bonanza and is hoarding draft picks as its primary means of rebuilding via youth or eventual trade, the Lakers see this draft stuff as supplementary.

Quote:

LINK

LOL, the Lakers are not going to do this, period. The Lakers could potentially land Jahlil Okafor, and put him in tandem with Julius Randle, which could evolve into one of the best C/PF combinations in the league. Why would they be inclined to trade those pieces, which could be a dominating force for at least a decade? Please stop insulting everyone's intelligence with such nonsensical options. I haven't even mentioned that the Lakers will most likely have a sizeable amount of cap space to utilize next year, and going into a season with young talent along with a superstar or two, & A HEALTHY KOBE BRYANT should be the front offices' ultimate plan for the immediate and near future success of this franchise.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Seriously AD might be the only guy I would trade that package for. Everyone else is just old, soon to be FA, or a PG who I think are a dime a dozen.

Agreed.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

It's less concerning if you read it in context with the rest of the article. He's just exploring options.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

depends who is available. If there is nobody the Lakers are really crazy for at their draft position and they can get good value in a trade then go for it. Its not like a top 5 pick is a sure fire bet anyway.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
‏@WojYahooNBA

not a violent dude, but if it happened...I would probably have to find somebody to smack

hahaha I couldn't blame you bro. The frustration would be palpable lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: