Lakers Interested In Trading For Reggie Jackson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Ok, seriously, what is the giant hard on for Reggie Jackson? He is a 6th man of the year kind of talent. Nothing else.

Might be worth the gamble at the right price. He could blossom with more PT and opportunity. James Harden on a smaller scale.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Supposedly he was almost dealt to Denver

Eho?

I don't know, just that they almost made a deal.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

To rebuild the team, you have to get rid of the incompetent coach 1st.

But, competent coach might not want the job of Lakers when Kobe is there.

If Lakers can get the right coach, then you can start looking for the right player, which suit the coach's playing style.

MDA is not a bad coach, his years in Suns is no fluke. Problem is the mismatch of players and his system.

Retired early, free up the cap space, Kobe can help the rebuild of Lakers greatly and be remembered as a Lakers Legend.

Now, you have cap space, and Lakers become a hot spot for Coaches and free agents again. No more lottery years.

Last edited by Travers on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
OKC plays 1 of th worst offense in the league. Its like 2 kobes playing iso's all game in durant/westbrook & westbrook plays tons of mins.

Having R Jackson gives us another asset for only 5mil caphold and still go shopping. If we drop n young/kelly/sacre we have 30mil after our pick. With Reggie we have 25mil to spend

My dream scenario: hill/wes for perkins/R Jax
Kelly/houston picks for Tobias Harris
N young for draft rounder: 2nd

I like it. Tobias is very good. What would his cap hold be?

Even if we couldnt get him, I agree with trading for Reggie. After that, sign Greg Monroe and Wes Matthews and draft best available with our 1st round picks.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I thought I heard Reggie was expecting a huge payout this off season.
bhefstherqq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

We are within 4 games of second-to-last place, or 5 games to last place.

Pass on this opportunity. The reward of finishing last or second to last is far greater.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Pass on this opportunity. The reward of finishing last or second to last is far greater.

Trade for Reggie. Trade Lin, Young, Hill and Ed Davis. Release Boozer and the tank is actually much better.

Leaves plenty of time for Reggie, Clarkson, Ellington, Kelly and Tarik to grow and learn.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Trade for Reggie. Trade Lin, Young, Hill and Ed Davis. Release Boozer and the tank is actually much better.

Leaves plenty of time for Reggie, Clarkson, Ellington, Kelly and Tarik to grow and learn.

Sure, according to the fan base. But the reality is that the front office are buyers not sellers.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

We have to make moves now because there may not be many moves to make come summer.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

i see the appeal of this and i'd probably pull the trigger, i'd just hope to God that it doesn't mess up the tank. Even if it drops from for the third pick to the 4th, i would be upset.

also better dump perkins the second he gets here (if this trade happens). don't even bother printing his jersey.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick. I would gladly give them lin + davis if they throw in their first round pick and take back Perkins contract.

Lakers out: lin, davis, future second

Lakers in : Reggie OKC 2015 first lottery protected

OKC out: Perkins, Reggie, 2015 first

OKC in: lin, davis, future second

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k37ox88

Boom! We're four games worse, OKC is 5 games better so we keep the pick and add another 1st rounder
Or if OKC feels like giving up the pick is too much we can work something out to where the lakers have the option to switch picks in this upcoming draft lottery protected. I don't see why OKC wouldn't take that deal in a heart beat.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick. I would gladly give them lin + davis if they throw in their first round pick and take back Perkins contract.

Boom! We're four games worse, OKC is 5 games better so we keep the pick and add another 1st rounder
Or if OKC feels like giving up the pick is too much we can work something out to where the lakers have the option to switch picks in this upcoming draft lottery protected. I don't see why OKC wouldn't take that deal in a heart beat.

Lol why would okc throw in 1st?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lol why would okc throw in 1st?

They are getting two rotation players for the price of one that's going to walk anyway. They also get davis for another year on a very team friendly contract and the option to sign lin for even less than he's making this year.

Why would the lakers even make the trade in the first place when they can just sign him in the summer. OKC won't match because they won't want to go that far over the salary cap. We probably wouldn't even have to offer the max to get him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

How is it possible that OKC would be able to trade the Draft Pick that they already sent to Cleveland (now owed to Denver) in the trade for Waiters?

Future Traded Pick Details

Quote:

2015 first round draft pick to Denver
Oklahoma City's 1st round pick to Denver (via Cleveland) protected for selections 1-18 in 2015, 1-15 in 2016 and 1-15 in 2017; if Oklahoma City has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2017, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Denver [Cleveland-New York-Oklahoma City, 1/5/2015; Cleveland-Denver, 1/7/2015]

PICKnPOP wrote:
They are getting two rotation players for the price of one that's going to walk anyway. They also get davis for another year on a very team friendly contract and the option to sign lin for even less than he's making this year.

Is Davis definitely on a very team friendly contract for another year?

Los Angeles Lakers Team Payroll

It appears that he has a Player Option for the 2015 - 2016 Season and he might opt out in search of a better deal.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick.

I'd give up Clarkson for Jackson in a heartbeat. I swear he's the new Devin Ebanks around here the way people talk about him being an untradable asset.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Ok, seriously, what is the giant hard on for Reggie Jackson? He is a 6th man of the year kind of talent. Nothing else.

Might be worth the gamble at the right price. He could blossom with more PT and opportunity. James Harden on a smaller scale.

reggie jackson is nowhere close to james harden.

james was a very, very efficient scoring guard. reggie could be a starting pg but won't raise the level of your team all that much from that position. frankly, i don't know many point guards today that can improve the level of a team all that much. it's more important to have an all-star big than an all-star pg, imo.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

reggie jackson is nowhere close to james harden.

james was a very, very efficient scoring guard. reggie could be a starting pg but won't raise the level of your team all that much from that position. frankly, i don't know many point guards today that can improve the level of a team all that much. it's more important to have an all-star big than an all-star pg, imo.

Coaching can be the real difference.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

How is it possible that OKC would be able to trade the Draft Pick that they already sent to Cleveland (now owed to Denver) in the trade for Waiters?

Future Traded Pick Details

Quote:

2015 first round draft pick to Denver
Oklahoma City's 1st round pick to Denver (via Cleveland) protected for selections 1-18 in 2015, 1-15 in 2016 and 1-15 in 2017; if Oklahoma City has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2017, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Denver [Cleveland-New York-Oklahoma City, 1/5/2015; Cleveland-Denver, 1/7/2015]

PICKnPOP wrote:

Is Davis definitely on a very team friendly contract for another year?

Los Angeles Lakers Team Payroll

It appears that he has a Player Option for the 2015 - 2016 Season and he might opt out in search of a better deal.

Well in that case there's no point in trading for jackson. He's a free agent and we can sign him in the offseason after we figure out who we pick in the draft. The only trades we need to be making is for picks. What if we trade for Reggie and someone offers him max....do we match or let him walk? If we want him for max we can offer it in the summer.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick.

I'd give up Clarkson for Jackson in a heartbeat. I swear he's the new Devin Ebanks around here the way people talk about him being an untradable asset.

He's a young asset. You don't give up young assets for players that may very well be one year rentals. I really don't see the lakers giving an unproven player the max and that's exactly the postion they may be in this summer if we have his bird rights.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

He's a young asset. You don't give up young assets for players that may very well be one year rentals. I really don't see the lakers giving an unproven player the max and that's exactly the postion they may be in this summer if we have his bird rights.

Clarkson is a 22 year old mediocre second round PG. There will be plenty of Clarksons in the years to come.

With the new CBA and expanding cap, I don't think it's a stretch to sign Jackson to a max offer sheet (assuming some team offers him one). He'll have to come here and prove his worth first, though.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Devin Ebanks is nothing like Jordan Clarkson. Jordan has immense talent. Jordan could become a stud if he continues to develop. Ebanks was (bleep). Nothing to compare to.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Devin Ebanks is nothing like Jordan Clarkson. Jordan has immense talent. Jordan could become a stud if he continues to develop. Ebanks was (bleep). Nothing to compare to.

I was comparing the hard-on Lakers fans had for Ebanks to Clarkson. It's the same with Crittenton or Darius Morris or Andrew Goudelock or any number players the Lakers drafted and didn't have pan out. Clarkson is shooting a stellar 39% from the field and 26% from 3, but please continue to tell me how amazing he's going to be because he flashed a few times in the summer league.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I was comparing the hard-on Lakers fans had for Ebanks to Clarkson. It's the same with Crittenton or Darius Morris or Andrew Goudelock or any number players the Lakers drafted and didn't have pan out. Clarkson is shooting a stellar 39% from the field and 26% from 3, but please continue to tell me how amazing he's going to be because he flashed a few times in the summer league.

We gotta give it time before we start using clarksons numbers as an indicator of his skills/potential, because his minutes haven't been consistent. You do realize that the guy you would trade clarkson for (Jackson) had equally "poor" numbers in his first season too right? In fact his were worse, but he eventually became the player he is now. Clarkson has shown some great tools and I think he could develop into a good player over time, and with the risks involved with acquiring jackson and then possibly losing him in free agency, the best best for now would probably be to hold on to clarkson, because jackson alone isn't gonna put us over the top either, and he's gonna cost about 10M more to have if in fact we can even keep him

Last edited by anpherknee on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Report: Thunder Had Deal Close To Send Reggie Jackson To Nuggets

Frank IsolaVerified account ‏@FisolaNYDN

OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/560630165307666433
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12
Jump to: