Lakers Interested In Trading For Reggie Jackson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick.

I'd give up Clarkson for Jackson in a heartbeat. I swear he's the new Devin Ebanks around here the way people talk about him being an untradable asset.

He's a young asset. You don't give up young assets for players that may very well be one year rentals. I really don't see the lakers giving an unproven player the max and that's exactly the postion they may be in this summer if we have his bird rights.

Devin Ebanks is nothing like Jordan Clarkson. Jordan has immense talent. Jordan could become a stud if he continues to develop. Ebanks was (bleep). Nothing to compare to.

I was comparing the hard-on Lakers fans had for Ebanks to Clarkson. It's the same with Crittenton or Darius Morris or Andrew Goudelock or any number players the Lakers drafted and didn't have pan out. Clarkson is shooting a stellar 39% from the field and 26% from 3, but please continue to tell me how amazing he's going to be because he flashed a few times in the summer league.

Clarkson will be the next Westbrook. So, yah, there you go. You can't stop it from happening. So, time for you to go back to fappening.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm ok with anything as long as we don't reieve Dallas of the rondo burden... Please please please.
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

How about this:

Miami gets Perkins, Lamb, Ellington plus two 2nd rounders
Miami sends out Deng, Haslem

Thunder get JHill, Haslem, Lin plus the Houston 1st
Thunder send out Perkins, jackson, Lamb, Collison

Lakers get Deng, Jackson, Collison
Lakers send out JHill, Lin, Ellington plus the 1st and two 2nd

Lineup:

Jackson, Price
(Bryant), Clarkson, Young
Deng, Johnson
Kelly, Boozer, Collison, (Randle)
Davis, Black, Sacre
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

If we're trading Hill to OKC, I'm actually more interested in Jeremy Lamb. He's been in Brooks doghouse for a while, but that's the same coach that had Harden coming off the bench because of Thabo. Lamb has a lot of potential, only 22 and avg 8 pts on 41% FG, 35% 3PT, and has a 15 PER. He's good shooting when playing off the ball as well which would be a great fit with Randle and Clarkson.

This hasn't been mentioned here much but eventually we're going to need someone to replace Kobe. He won't play many games or minutes next year. Obviously, he won't be a scorer like Kobe but Lamb can be a very productive starting SG in the league, 17/4/4 type of player. A change of scenery would really benefit Lamb.

BigislandHank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Pass on Reggie Jackson.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

nolookpass wrote:
How about this:

Miami gets Perkins, Lamb, Ellington plus two 2nd rounders
Miami sends out Deng, Haslem

Thunder get JHill, Haslem, Lin plus the Houston 1st
Thunder send out Perkins, jackson, Lamb, Collison

Lakers get Deng, Jackson, Collison
Lakers send out JHill, Lin, Ellington plus the 1st and two 2nd

Lineup:

Jackson, Price
(Bryant), Clarkson, Young
Deng, Johnson
Kelly, Boozer, Collison, (Randle)
Davis, Black, Sacre

No thanks.

Don't want Deng, don't care enough for RJax to give up a 1st
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

I used to like Jackson - last season. But his diva behavior really didn't impress me at all.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
If we're trading Hill to OKC, I'm actually more interested in Jeremy Lamb. He's been in Brooks doghouse for a while, but that's the same coach that had Harden coming off the bench because of Thabo. Lamb has a lot of potential, only 22 and avg 8 pts on 41% FG, 35% 3PT, and has a 15 PER. He's good shooting when playing off the ball as well which would be a great fit with Randle and Clarkson.

This hasn't been mentioned here much but eventually we're going to need someone to replace Kobe. He won't play many games or minutes next year. Obviously, he won't be a scorer like Kobe but Lamb can be a very productive starting SG in the league, 17/4/4 type of player. A change of scenery would really benefit Lamb.

If you're trading Hill to OKC, try to get Lamb and Jones. Give them Ellington and Hill and take Perkins' contract
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick. I would gladly give them lin + davis if they throw in their first round pick and take back Perkins contract.

Lakers out: lin, davis, future second

Lakers in : Reggie OKC 2015 first lottery protected

OKC out: Perkins, Reggie, 2015 first

OKC in: lin, davis, future second

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k37ox88

Boom! We're four games worse, OKC is 5 games better so we keep the pick and add another 1st rounder
Or if OKC feels like giving up the pick is too much we can work something out to where the lakers have the option to switch picks in this upcoming draft lottery protected. I don't see why OKC wouldn't take that deal in a heart beat.

Lol why would okc throw in 1st?

And how did you make a big guy like Perkins disappear?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
If the lakers can do this without giving up and draft picks or young talent I would be all in. No randle, Clarkson, or kelly or first round pick.

I'd give up Clarkson for Jackson in a heartbeat. I swear he's the new Devin Ebanks around here the way people talk about him being an untradable asset.

What is really interesting is that no one but you have read that Clarkson is untradable. Amazing! And I wouldn't trade him for Jackson, a good attitude trumps a bad attitude any day.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Ok, seriously, what is the giant hard on for Reggie Jackson? He is a 6th man of the year kind of talent. Nothing else.

Might be worth the gamble at the right price. He could blossom with more PT and opportunity. James Harden on a smaller scale.

reggie jackson is nowhere close to james harden.

james was a very, very efficient scoring guard. reggie could be a starting pg but won't raise the level of your team all that much from that position. frankly, i don't know many point guards today that can improve the level of a team all that much. it's more important to have an all-star big than an all-star pg, imo.

And Harden put in the work, he played his butt off and when his time came, he became a starter. Jackson is spouting off that he should be a starter despite not playing like a starter. I can see him putting up good stats on a bad team, but as a 6th man off the bench on a contending team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

What is really interesting is that no one but you have read that Clarkson is untradable. Amazing! And I wouldn't trade him for Jackson, a good attitude trumps a bad attitude any day.

Agreed. Wouldn't trade Clarkson for Jackson either.

Jackson's value is diminishing by the day. His RFA status was seen as an asset at the start of the season, now it seems like a burden to have to worry about matching it since there are questions about his play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Agreed. Wouldn't trade Clarkson for Jackson either.

Jackson's value is diminishing by the day. His RFA status was seen as an asset at the start of the season, now it seems like a burden to have to worry about matching it since there are questions about his play.

I still wouldn't mind having an asset if it's just a swap of expiring players (i.e. any one of Hill/Lin/Davis/Ellington, etc.).

We would get 2 months to see if RJax is worth it, whether his discontent was somewhat justified given his circumstances. Remember, the kid was instrumental in several playoff series last year. It's not like he can't play. It's OKC telling him that he will never start ahead of Westbrook and that his dreams of starting will never come true there. Oh great.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

If we aren't giving up Clarkson or a pick (and maybe Davis) Jackson would be well worth the "risk" since we wouldn't be giving up anything of long term value. Not to mention the cheap cap hold for Jackson if he pans out for us in these last 30 games

If OKC has any interest in Hill or Lin it could be a deal to be made with potential added value with Ellington or Davis
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

If we were to trade for Jackson I'd hope we would immediately flip him for draft picks. I think that Clarkson could be just as good if not better than Jackson
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

reggie chucker jackson. No thanks.

Not a good team mate
Not a good basketball player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
reggie chucker jackson. No thanks.

Not a good team mate
Not a good basketball player.

Were we saying the same thing about him last year when he played an important role in some key playoff games?

This season was a terrible confluence of events in OKC. KD AND Westbrook go down. No other offensive weapon besides RJax. Forced to carry a load he's not capable of, the FO telling him that if they keep him, he will always be stuck behind Russ (who is undoubtedly better).

I would not hesitate in a trade to swap expiring contracts and give him a 2 month audition. If you don't like him, he can be traded in the offseason or like what we would have done with the other expiring contracts, let it expire.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

Due to him being a RFA, if it were just a swap of ending contracts, then sure. Best case would be him working out, or a team like Cleveland recognizing that their PG is injury prone and they might be interested in him as a backup. Turn him around for a young player or future considerations. Worst case scenario is that he is an ending contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Due to him being a RFA, if it were just a swap of ending contracts, then sure. Best case would be him working out, or a team like Cleveland recognizing that their PG is injury prone and they might be interested in him as a backup. Turn him around for a young player or future considerations. Worst case scenario is that he is an ending contract.

Yup. If he kills it in his 2 month audition (under difficult circumstances and a bad team), then great.

If he hits the middle ground, worth having a small cap hold while we figure out things in free agency.

I wouldn't throw any picks to OKC. Just expiring contracts. My bottom line, best offer to them would be:

Ed Davis/Wes Johnson for RJax, 2nd rounder.

Ed is self-explanatory.

Wes gives them some size on defense and is a better shooter than Anthony Roberson, whom teams will leave wide open (maybe Wes too ) in the playoffs.

Gives OKC more depth. Heck, throw in the Head of the Snake too as a backup hard-nosed PG too.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. If he kills it in his 2 month audition (under difficult circumstances and a bad team), then great.

If he hits the middle ground, worth having a small cap hold while we figure out things in free agency.

I wouldn't throw any picks to OKC. Just expiring contracts. My bottom line, best offer to them would be:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Wes gives them some size on defense and is a better shooter than Anthony Roberson, whom teams will leave wide open (maybe Wes too ) in the playoffs.

Gives OKC more depth. Heck, throw in the Head of the Snake too as a backup hard-nosed PG too.

Gonna do my best Drifts impersonation.
"If Head of the Snake is included, it better be a three-way trade. And Anthony Davis better be heading back our way. Head of the Snake is too good."
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Rjax is getting the raw deal on here. I'd definitely trade for him as long as we aren't giving up any picks or someone like Clarkson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Rjax is getting the raw deal on here. I'd definitely trade for him as long as we aren't giving up any picks or someone like Clarkson.

Yeah, I don't think he is a guarantee All-Star level player; but he's certainly not a scrub. I actually see him as an undervalued asset.

If it's expiring for expiring I'm all game for Rjax.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Only risks I can see with this are:

RJax plays well enough to ruin the tope 5 pick
Davis likes OKC so much he stays

Both are low risk. Not a bad scenario
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Only risks I can see with this are:

RJax plays well enough to ruin the tope 5 pick
Davis likes OKC so much he stays

Both are low risk. Not a bad scenario

Well, if RJax plays well then we have our future PG.

If that ruins the top 5 pick, we still have 3 shots in the lottery, and then get our 2016 pick without attachments. (I don't think he's enough to propel us to that many wins given the rest of our team..also, I would waive Boozer and trade off other pieces).

Re: Ed Davis, he's unrestricted so he can make that choice regardless of whether he serves his sentence in LA or on a possible playoff team like OKC.
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jeremy lin and ed davis for reggie jackson and perkins lets OKC avoid the tax, lets them get interior defense they lack from perkins and lets them get a back up pg for westbrook and a pg that can play off the ball to team better with waiters. the lakers get jackson their pg of the future and overall a much better talent than lin. they lose davis but the future for jackson is much brighter.

jordan hill and wesley johnson for chuck hayes and terrance ross and the knicks pick they have. toronto beefs up their front line to make a better run in the playoffs and gets a lot more out of jordan hill than anything chuck hayes has provided. Wesley johnson gives them very comparable numbers to what ross has given them, so they don't lose anything other than 4 yrs of youth, but given that they are trying to make a playoff run wesley at 27 and hill at 27 vs ross at 23 even with potential might make sense to pull the trigger.

these 2 moves give us jackson at 24 yrs old, ross at 23 and randle at 19 to start a true youth movement for the remainder of this season and doesn't kill our cap space moving forward to be able to fill out the rest of the roster.

since jackson has a cap friendly hold, we could offer deandre jordan close to max... and bring back some of the one year guys and sign some veterans to upgrade the talent

we make sure to take out jackson in the 4th quarter and we keep tanking and keep that top 5 pick...

jackson/ (houston pick)
kobe/ young
ross
randle/ (knicks pick or cleveland pick via toronto)
jordan/ (top 5 pick)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12
Jump to: