WIZARDS -at- LAKERS - 1-27-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
Nice game by wayne and clarkson.

starting to hate our bigs. they always choose to play like a shooter than post up and jordan hill is atrocious.

love davis, has always been my 2nd favorite player. he needs to play with lin more often to get it going

lin has been meh - nice assists but his shooting is absolutely terrible. small part of the reason is that the lanes are SO packed. our offense leaves so little spacing to work with! clarkson is athletic so he cna easily shoot over and make quick bursts but for lin he seemed to struggle with his shot. seemed like he had no lift

the coaching patterns...da fk. i think byron now will put any excuse out there for the team not to win.

/rant

Exactly, THE LANES ARE PACKED. Hello? Is there a coach? The game before Lin attacked relentlessly even though the lanes were tight. Yesterday there was NOTHING. Its infuriating. Even the 2 man game with Davis, its supertight.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks DB.

Frustrating offense from the Lakers, but I thought Ellington played a great game. I actually enjoyed watching in spite of the loss thanks to Wayne and JC. Ellington made a statement out there that he can play both ends of the court, not get down when the rest of the team falters, and I'm starting to think he's a solid second unit guy after all.

JC - I like the no-fear attitude on the floor, and he comes across as a guy who's head is in the right place too. He has a learning attitude. Was it Worthy who said it appears he actually wants to match up against players like Wall, Parker, Rose etc. so he can measure himself? In his post-game interview, when asked about what he needs to improve the most, he hit on organizing the offense and clock management iirc. I'd say he's spot on in his self-assessment. Maybe add outside shooting to that list. Still, he has more than Pinocchio-potential.

Jordan Hill - why on Earth is he facing up from the three line so much? $9M. He's looking more and more like a trade asset all the time.

It's pretty obvious a bunch of 6-10 225 guys are hard pressed to match up with centers around the league. We've got a bunch of power forwards and Sacre. Too bad Tarik wasn't available, at least he's got a little more beef. I thought Sacre played to his abilities, but his abilities are deep bench not semi-starter.

Way too many holes in this roster. Our best players are injured once again, we've got lots of OK talent at PF, although we're pushing them to the 5 and 3 spots a lot. We've only got second-unit quality guards. Our 3 and 5 positions are deep bench or D-League quality at best playing the starting positions unless we stick a bunch of 4's out there. Sounds like a Lotto formula to me.

Might was well enjoy the few players who do shine.

We may have injuries but in a game in which a few players can make a difference, the losing difference is BS. Ellington gets hot--take him out. Lin-Davis working--make sure one of them if taken off the floor Makes ones (mine at least) head explode.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

The bigs made all the difference in this one. Hill and Sacre as starters is a joke.

I don't know why Black wasn't available. He looked fine in the previous game.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Glad to see Clarkson and Lin get the nod over Price today. Hope it continues. At the very least, Clarkson needs time on the floor. I wonder if Scott realized this himself, or if a mandate came down from on the front office?

He needs time on the floor, but in actuality, he got too many minutes. He took 18 shots. He played more minutes this game than Lin has played all season. Clarkson scored better in the first half, took some bad shots in the second, didn't really facilitate that much and still looks more like a shooting guard vs. a point guard.

Price shouldn't get 2 DNP-CDs with his minutes this season. Sacre should never finish a game. With Young out Lin should have had at least 30 minutes and Lin should look for his point-blank drive to the hoop shot more. Lin is better shooting more. Also, it was obvious Lin was the best man to put on Wall. The only reason I would put someone else on Wall is to keep Lin out of foul trouble. But Lin has the speed to keep up with Wall and he did when he guarded him.

Scott didn't play this game to win. Sacre in at the end of the game is inexcusable.

Actually, Clarkson took 19 shots. With about 4 minutes to go in the 3Q Clarkson missed a layup but it was recorded as a Lin miss when Lin was nowhere near the ball. Lin was 1/4 not 1/5.

It's only Clarkson's 3rd start so I'm ok with him trying different things. Maybe he'll develop into a shoot first PG a la Westbrook and not a playmaking PG like Wall/Rondo. We'll find out if shooting this much will affect his D, but a lot of high profile guards in this league don't play D anyway.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

Another possibility for the auto subs. Could Scott be coaching scared? He realizes how he messed up in taking care of Kobe and maybe the FO got on him about that. Is that the reason he now doggedly sticks to the substitution patterns he comes up with?
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Actually, Clarkson took 19 shots. With about 4 minutes to go in the 3Q Clarkson missed a layup but it was recorded as a Lin miss when Lin was nowhere near the ball. Lin was 1/4 not 1/5.

It's only Clarkson's 3rd start so I'm ok with him trying different things. Maybe he'll develop into a shoot first PG a la Westbrook and not a playmaking PG like Wall/Rondo. We'll find out if shooting this much will affect his D, but a lot of high profile guards in this league don't play D anyway.

Is it his second FGA in the NBA.com replay? It does show Clarkson. I sometimes mistake Clarkson for Lin as well. Not surprised if the score keeper did the same.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

Went to bed early after half-time due to early morning duty!

Told my wife, we will lose this game!

I was right once again!
infinite-loop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Thanks DB - the auto-sub is killing me too. But good for

Byron could write down the sub-patterns, hand them to an assistant and leave before tip-off. It would not make any difference.

On a more serious note, I was disappointed he played Sacre over Davis in the 4Q. I know this is good for the TANK, but Davis came here for minutes. We need to keep him, so play him, damn it!
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

I was glad to see that Clarkson got some balls to go into the hoop, but he needs to get in the gym with a shooting coach and correct the flaws in his shooting technique.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Charisma wrote:

Is it his second FGA in the NBA.com replay? It does show Clarkson. I sometimes mistake Clarkson for Lin as well. Not surprised if the score keeper did the same.

Yes. They fixed it. Now the box score shows Clarkson as 8/19 and Lin as 1/4.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Act like a robot, think like a robot, perhaps BS is a robot made by a basketball craze alien to experiment on earth. Someone ought to check it out ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Act like a robot, think like a robot, perhaps BS is a robot made by a basketball craze alien to experiment on earth. Someone ought to check it out ...

A robot was built in 1980s.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

infinite-loop wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Byron could write down the sub-patterns, hand them to an assistant and leave before tip-off. It would not make any difference.

On a more serious note, I was disappointed he played Sacre over Davis in the 4Q. I know this is good for the TANK, but Davis came here for minutes. We need to keep him, so play him, damn it!

OMG I was going to write the exact same words. BS might as well stay home the rest of the year. I've NEVER seen a coach sooo detached from the game in front. I like bringing in Lin cause JC is not really a PG but Ellington was shooting so hot--it was sooo idiotic to take him out. I still think a ball handler is needed so why not Clarkson, Ellington and Lin on the floor.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Question, help me

I get various feeds to watch the Laker games and I rarely see the post game. Does ANYONE ask BS any real coaching questions, like Davis-Lin, Black-Lin chemistry or Ellington with the hot hand being benched, huh? I don't remember Kobe being benched when he had a hot hand.
Maknusia
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. BTW, Lin's stat had been corrected from 1/5 to 1/4 on his shooting.
Initially NBA had wrongly credited Clarkson's miss on Jeremy

http://www.nba.com/games/20150127/WASLAL/gameinfo.html?ls=slt
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
infinite-loop wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

OMG I was going to write the exact same words. BS might as well stay home the rest of the year. I've NEVER seen a coach sooo detached from the game in front. I like bringing in Lin cause JC is not really a PG but Ellington was shooting so hot--it was sooo idiotic to take him out. I still think a ball handler is needed so why not Clarkson, Ellington and Lin on the floor.

if BS is going to tank the team anyway, you are right, just stay home watching the game. the team probably would do better with us the assistant coaches. he either wants to tank or just clueless of how to run the team. so frustrated with this coach.
lifeless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

starting to hate our bigs. they always choose to play like a shooter than post up and jordan hill is atrocious.

love davis, has always been my 2nd favorite player. he needs to play with lin more often to get it going

lin has been meh - nice assists but his shooting is absolutely terrible. small part of the reason is that the lanes are SO packed. our offense leaves so little spacing to work with! clarkson is athletic so he cna easily shoot over and make quick bursts but for lin he seemed to struggle with his shot. seemed like he had no lift

the coaching patterns...da fk. i think byron now will put any excuse out there for the team not to win.

/rant

I don't see any problem with lin's game within the 23minutes he got to play, sure he didn't shoot so well, considering he only took 4 attempts,
but 8 ast and 7pts in 23 minutes is not so bad for a pg. I don't mention the 4 turnovers considering it's boozer, the guy always calling for the ball, then acts surprised when the ball flies towards him, hes a joke.

Clarkson - 18 points with 19 shots 3 ast in 37minutes, is good though? I disagree, since his match up, wall posted 21pts with 12 shots, 13 assist and 9 reb against clarkson. no hate but I just don't see clarkson being a pg in the long run.

I look at who was more effective in this game, for their minutes played. for that I wouldn't low ball lin and praise clarkson as the upcoming superstar.

Clarkson should learn from lin and pass the ball when he penetrates instead of taking the shot 100% of the time, he would rack up a lot of assist and be more effective.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

lifeless wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

/rant

I don't see any problem with lin's game within the 23minutes he got to play, sure he didn't shoot so well, considering he only took 4 attempts,
but 8 ast and 7pts in 23 minutes is not so bad for a pg. I don't mention the 4 turnovers considering it's boozer, the guy always calling for the ball, then acts surprised when the ball flies towards him, hes a joke.

Clarkson - 18 points with 19 shots 3 ast in 37minutes, is good though? I disagree, since his match up, wall posted 21pts with 12 shots, 13 assist and 9 reb against clarkson. no hate but I just don't see clarkson being a pg in the long run.

I look at who was more effective in this game, for their minutes played. for that I wouldn't low ball lin and praise clarkson as the upcoming superstar.

Clarkson should learn from lin and pass the ball when he penetrates instead of taking the shot 100% of the time, he would rack up a lot of assist and be more effective.

Again a coaching issue. Can't imagine a Popovich team so lacking in discipline and basics.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

lifeless wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

/rant

JLin was productive in one game, one of the few times that he was aggressive and confident that has nothing to do with coaching.

Hopefully JLIn will be able to be effective in the 2nd half when the opposing teams are applying much more defensive pressure and focus in executing

Clarkson is showing definite signs of his potential
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
lifeless wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

/rant

JLin was productive in one game, one of the few times that he was aggressive and confident that has nothing to do with coaching.

Hopefully JLIn will be able to be effective in the 2nd half when the opposing teams are applying much more defensive pressure and focus in executing

A lot has to do with coaching. A player cannot just take over a game, depending on the strategy and sets the coach has put into play. If the bigs do nothing but clog up the middle aggressive drives to the basket are pointless. Long range 2's like Kobe would brick? BS I heard sat NY cause of his attitude when watching a replay? How about his total disregard to the other players on the floor, constantly going 1 on 4 and not bothering with the open players? Coaching.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
lifeless wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

/rant

A lot has to do with coaching. A player cannot just take over a game, depending on the strategy and sets the coach has put into play. If the bigs do nothing but clog up the middle aggressive drives to the basket are pointless. Long range 2's like Kobe would brick? BS I heard sat NY cause of his attitude when watching a replay? How about his total disregard to the other players on the floor, constantly going 1 on 4 and not bothering with the open players? Coaching.

Agreed. Up to his stint in the Lakers Lin has been Mr. get to the hole aggressive in the 4th and OT. Suddenly he does it rarely and it has nothing to do with coaching?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
lifeless wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

/rant

Agreed. Up to his stint in the Lakers Lin has been Mr. get to the hole aggressive in the 4th and OT. Suddenly he does it rarely and it has nothing to do with coaching?
Funny that Clarkson has done so consistently. JLin, when he is playing aggressively and decisively, has driven to the hole
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: