Lakers Should Waive Boozer (Let Him Join A Playoff Team)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers waive Boozer and let him join a playoff team?
Yes.
84%
 84%  [ 61 ]
No.
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 72

Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
But do we have enough healthy bodies to get through the season?

D League

There are 18 teams. Some of the players have contracts with NBA teams and thus not available to be signed by Mitch.

The vast majority of the players are available and hungry for a shot at the NBA.

Other than making a new jersey and buying the airline ticket to fly him in, signing a player from the D League is relatively inexpensive.

Tarik Black was undrafted and he was hungry enough to shine in Summer League and in Training Camp.

Perhaps Mitch will think about prospecting in the D-League.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Not like he'll be of any use to championship contenders. He can't even move properly.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

We need to get Roscoe Smith from the D-League. He can play SF and PF just like Kelly, so there will be minutes for him once we waive Boozer.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see Boozer waived if it benefits Boozer and his agent, Rob Pelinka (who also represents Kobe, Ed Davis, and Wes Johnson).

The move would benefit the Lakers: creates goodwill with future vet signings, more playing time to develop prospects, less likely to win games due to the lack of a scorer = better draft pick.

However, if Boozer can't do any better this season - meaning that no contending team would pick him up off waivers or in free agency - why not stay in LA, get consistent playing time to showcase your talent for a future contract, and leverage the Laker brand/fanbase? Lakers won't win that many more games the rest of the season anyways - with or without Boozer.

If Pelinka needs a favor either way (keeping or waiving Boozer), I think the Lakers have a chance to throw him a bone. He has helped get Wes Johnson to play for the minimum the last two years (good value for an average NBA player) as well as Ed Davis (who will be looking for a bigger payday this summer). I still think there's a chance in the future for Pelinka steer a seasoned Dante Exum to LA in the future...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

We need to waive boozer now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Do it mitch. Now.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Yep. At first I was on the fence, but he can actually play good enough to help this team win a game or 2. Drop him.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Send him to a contender for a second rounder. Waiving him is pointless.

EDIT: I see that we cannot trade him.

Last edited by K28 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Only if he asks, the FO has to show respect for veterans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

The buyout season will come soon. He will ask and the Lakers should happily oblige. He's been a good soldier this year after his demotion.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

i dont care about his feelings and see him go to attender but I would like to see him waived just to keep our tank going strong
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
i dont care about his feelings and see him go to attender but I would like to see him waived just to keep our tank going strong

Then you are approaching it pretty much the exact opposite of how the Laker FO will approach it.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

In all honesty I wouldn't mind having him back next season. Really expected him to be worse and after moving to the bench he's been pretty solid. Still would like him to get waived and chase a ring with a contender.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If Boozer re-signs for his current 3.25mil; we might as well bring him back for one more season. Again, as a stop-gap, since we don't expect the team to be a world-beater anyway.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
If Boozer re-signs for his current 3.25mil; we might as well bring him back for one more season. Again, as a stop-gap, since we don't expect the team to be a world-beater anyway.

I think it would come down to, would you pay Ed Davis $4-5m or Boozer $3m (don't bet he'll want this cheap of a contract...I think he will seek 4-6m).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I think it would come down to, would you pay Ed Davis $4-5m or Boozer $3m (don't bet he'll want this cheap of a contract...I think he will seek 4-6m).

I don't want Boozer back at all. And why would he want to come back? He should be getting $4-6M as a bench player on a contending team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I don't want Boozer back at all. And why would he want to come back? He should be getting $4-6M as a bench player on a contending team

Yeah, I doubt he'll take $3m to be on the bench again on the Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

If he won't take the 3mil it's no big loss but I wouldn't offer him a penny more.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Yes, waive him so he can play on the playoff team.

I mean, I definitely wouldn't waive him because he sucks and I hate him. No, I want to give him a chance to play for a contender!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

If he won't take the 3mil it's no big loss but I wouldn't offer him a penny more.

Ironically, he'll want more $ to come off the bench. He has a few years left, not sure he wants to be on a rebuild team for the balance of his career.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers could actually trade Boozer right now, there is a lot of misinformation going on right now regarding his trade status... I wish Coon or emplay would tell us more about his contract situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I think the Lakers could actually trade Boozer right now, there is a lot of misinformation going on right now regarding his trade status... I wish Coon or emplay would tell us more about his contract situation.

No there isn't. Bard207 cleared it up. He can't be traded as a Laker. He can be waived.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
No there isn't. Bard207 cleared it up. He can't be traded as a Laker. He can be waived.

I can see that happening, but Boozer knew the Lakers were rebuilding when he joined the team... maybe he wants to play for a ring.... hopefully the Lakers seek his wishes... I don't think there is no point watching Boozer put up stats on this meaningless team.... so there needs to be a common-ground somewhere.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Here is what Larry Coon has on his CBA Salary Cap FAQ web site.

69. What is the Amnesty provision?

Quote:

The waiving team may not re-sign or re-acquire the player for the length of his contract (which includes seasons following an ETO or option), and the claiming team is prohibited from trading the player until the following July 1. If the player is eventually traded, his new team becomes the claiming team.

The above appears to be the same as when I read it the other week, so I would suggest going with it unless Larry posts otherwise in this thread.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can see that happening, but Boozer knew the Lakers were rebuilding when he joined the team... maybe he wants to play for a ring.... hopefully the Lakers seek his wishes... I don't think there is no point watching Boozer put up stats on this meaningless team.... so there needs to be a common-ground somewhere.

He didn't have a say when we won the bid for him after being amnestied. He didn't choose to sign with us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: