Durant has Eyes on Knicks (Westbrook fallout + Lakers in Play)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

On a related note, it can be argued that James Harden is a better than both right now

Im a Westbrook fan, myself. He is Kobe 2.0
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

Bard207 wrote:
Here is a hypothetical variation on the Love - Wiggins situation of last Summer:

The variation is that we don't have Lebron or Irving. That's kind of a big deal.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

22 wrote:
Absolutely agreed.

KD/Russell/RJax. Guaranteed to lose 1 of the 3, likely will lose 2. Plausible they will lose all 3

Uhh why is he in the same conversation? He's barely a role player
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If anything OKC is the one that's screwed.

I highly doubt that Durant/Russell stay in OKC, might lose both. Will they trade them?

Why would they stay with an organization that robbed them of a potential dynasty?

Do we now understand why their GM/owner voted to keep the current "tank/lottery" system? They know that calamity may be approaching in 2 season. Total calamity.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Hopefully this goes better than the Howard ordeal went.

We had "The Decision", "Melodrama", and "Dwightmare". Wonder what Durant's is going to be?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:
Absolutely agreed.

KD/Russell/RJax. Guaranteed to lose 1 of the 3, likely will lose 2. Plausible they will lose all 3

Uhh why is he in the same conversation? He's barely a role player

Because for a while he was considered apart of their core. He was supposed to replace Harden as the dude running the team off the bench. The perception has changed now for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Here's a question: Is Durant really the best player on OKC, or is it really Westbrook?
This is Shaq and Kobe all over again. Durant being more like Shaq and Westbrook like Kobe. I think Durant ends up with the Wizards and Westbrook with the Lakers.

Not sure it's quite the toxic situation that Kobe and Shaq had, but I do see some similarities of the rhetoric.

On Durant, I think we've got a very legit shot at him. We'll have some time to add/develop/prove talent and Kobe being in his ear will no doubt help. I'm sure Jay-Z and KD know what it means for his brand to be a Laker. In the end I think it comes to 4 teams that he considers: OKC, LAL, NY, HOU.

As for Russ, I'm already convinced we're going to get him to be honest. Sucks we gotta wait two years but barring us signing Durant or stupidly wasting cap space on mediocre players like Reggie Jackson, Dragic, etc.

My ideal plan going forward-

2015:
Trade Top 5 Pick, Jordan Hill, Houston First, LAL Second for Demarcus Cousins (everything short of Randle/Clarkson)
Sign Knight
Resign Ed Davis

2016: Sign Demar Derozan

2017: Westbrook

Cousins/Davis
Randle/Kelly/Black
Derozan
Westbrook/Swaggy
Knight/Clarkson
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
If the beef between KD and RJax is real we need to avoid him like the plague! Although I do think KD winds up in Washington

Also interesting OKC had a deal in place for RJax on already. Means he's attainable...

Maybe there's a three team to be worked out...

The Lakers can't put all their eggs in a basket. If Jackson is really an issue, trade him if KD comes.

Not saying to go after Jackson, just saying not to make all decisions based on getting KD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Here's a question: Is Durant really the best player on OKC, or is it really Westbrook?
This is Shaq and Kobe all over again. Durant being more like Shaq and Westbrook like Kobe. I think Durant ends up with the Wizards and Westbrook with the Lakers.

Not sure it's quite the toxic situation that Kobe and Shaq had, but I do see some similarities of the rhetoric.

On Durant, I think we've got a very legit shot at him. We'll have some time to add/develop/prove talent and Kobe being in his ear will no doubt help. I'm sure Jay-Z and KD know what it means for his brand to be a Laker. In the end I think it comes to 4 teams that he considers: OKC, LAL, NY, HOU.

As for Russ, I'm already convinced we're going to get him to be honest. Sucks we gotta wait two years but barring us signing Durant or stupidly wasting cap space on mediocre players like Reggie Jackson, Dragic, etc.

2015:
Trade Top 5 Pick, Jordan Hill, Houston First, LAL Second for Demarcus Cousins (everything short of Randle/Clarkson)
Sign Knight
Resign Ed Davis

Cousins/Davis
Randle/Kelly/Black
Derozan
Westbrook/Swaggy
Knight/Clarkson

2016: raptors have a team option on DeRozan. I would target (depending on whether we a PG, Conley).
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
On a related note, it can be argued that James Harden is a better than both right now

So he is constantly surmising that a trade for every player on the roster is in the works?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

In the end I think it comes to 4 teams that he considers: OKC, LAL, NY, HOU.

You forgot WAS. Which is probably the most likely destination after OKC.

At this point in time I have it as

OKC > WAS > LAL, NY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

2015:
Sign Knight
Resign Ed Davis

Cousins/Davis
Randle/Kelly/Black
Derozan
Westbrook/Swaggy
Knight/Clarkson

How is Washington not on your list for Durant??
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

*yawn

Reminds me of the LBJ and/or Melo coming-to-LA articles, we read last year.

Just cause we're "on the list". Doesn't mean we have a realistic chance.

It's a longshot that by 2016 the Lakers will have a complementary roster as good as OKC's. With a number 2 option as good as Westbrook.

Durant's going to go where he can compete. And if OKC is the best team for that. I see him staying. Washington could be a good fit as well.

Remember his Nike deal is paying him more than any NBA team can in the league. So winning (with the best roster available) will probably be his first priority.

I still give the lakers a waaaay below 50% chance of landing him. These gossip articles don't change a thing.

These articles do give Laker fans hope in the interim. But they also hang Mitch and Jim out to dry, because the Laker fan base starts to set their expectations unreasonably high.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

So he is constantly surmising that a trade for every player on the roster is in the works?

No no that is Kobee 2.0. Kobe 2.0 is someone else
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Depends on what you value in a player. Most people would pick Durant, but some would argue for Westbrook. Personally, I regard Westbrook as a talented knucklehead.

Westbrook in LA is far more likely than Durant in LA. We just don't have enough time and resources IMO to get a team in place that will be to Durant's liking.

Westbrook would be a Laker now if we had had cap space when his last contract was up.

And you have to love that "person close to Durant" angle. Hey, I stood by him in the elevator the other day, I am close to Durant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

I think that means something is about to happen.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
2019 wrote:

OKC > WAS > LAL, NY

If he leaves then the Rockets, with a top 5 player who also happens to be one of his best friends, will be in play. I don't see him leaving though. Every team in question will have a worse core than what he already has in place. Injuries have foiled OKC since 2012.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

Durant will grow tired of Brooks at some point.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

I think Durant will bolt and sign with the Wizards. If you look at the Wizards' roster, he is the missing piece that will allow them to possibly dominate for years. They have Paul Pierce at SF, but I'm sure they are looking at that as a temporary solution. Imagine a Durant/Beal/Wall/Gortat/Nene starting five...That's a championship contender, IMO.

If OKC misses the playoffs, which is looking more likely, I think Durant goes home. At that time, Westbrook will demand a trade to the Lakers (LOL), or just leave as a free agent in 2017.

If Phil Jackson thinks Durant is going to the Knicks and play with Carmelo, he's been smokin' that peyote again...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

2015:
Sign Knight
Resign Ed Davis

Cousins/Davis
Randle/Kelly/Black
Derozan
Westbrook/Swaggy
Knight/Clarkson

How is Washington not on your list for Durant??

My bad. I mean to include Washington.

WAS, LAL, NY, OKC, HOU
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
22 wrote:
2019 wrote:

OKC > WAS > LAL, NY

If he leaves then the Rockets, with a top 5 player who also happens to be one of his best friends, will be in play. I don't see him leaving though. Every team in question will have a worse core than what he already has in place. Injuries have foiled OKC since 2012.

I'd put Houston in the mix only if Dwight is gone by then. KD and many others just don't like him. If he had no other options sure, but he has a plethora. I can't see him choosing to play with a douche.

WAS offers him the best team (currently) around him, and it's the east, and it's home
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

It can be argued, but it can be argued that vaccines are bad for you. Jenny McCarthy probably loves Harden over KD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

I've kind of grown to like Westbrook now. Would love for him to return to LA. Would be fitting. But I do have concerns about his game as he ages. How will he be without his insane athleticism?
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

I don't see us having much of a chance at durant. There will be other teams out there pursuing durant that will have a better core ready to compete. Okc, Washington, and Houston all have to be higher on his list than us IMO.

Westbrook however is gettable but I think a lot of it has to do with what durant does. If durant resigns in okc I just can't see Westbrook leaving. Even though he is from la he does seem to like okc and would he really leave durant and ibaka to play with randle/towns/dragic? Also if we still haven't made the playoffs by 2017 then that could also be tricky. If Westbrook leaves to go compete would he really go somewhere that hasn't been competitive in 7 years?

I see us having maybe a 5% chance of getting durant.

I see us having a 70% chance of getting Westbrook if durant leaves and maybe a 15% chance if durant stays.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

Shoulda bit the bullet and kept Harden.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13
Jump to: