Charles Barkley
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Charles Barkley

What's his deal with Kobe and the Lakers? Dude sounds like a bitter ex-wife the way he trashes us all the time. Today he had the nerve to say, without any provocation at all, that he noticed the team plays so much more freely without Kobe - and by the way, this came right after he ridiculed the game they had just played. Kenny just laughed and said something like, "How free can they possibly be playing when they just lost 9 in a row?" Moments later, a highlight of Vince Carter in the Grizzlies' game comes on, and Chuck just goes, "Great career. HOF'er."

But anyway, does anyone know where all his hate for us stems from?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

He is born to hate
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

How's that hate? He's telling the truth.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Ring envy.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Tnt just sucks. They have nothing positive to say about Kobe and the lakers. Kenny has gotten just as salty a Charles, I wish the Lakers would not have their games aired on TNT period. It would be better if the game was just blacked out then to let the hater's have their joy.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't know where it stems from but THIS has been going on for a very long time.

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:

Of course a hater would back the words of another hater.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Ring envy.

Exactly...
You can see Shaq letting Chuck making a fool of himself.....
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

KOBE is the one guy that disproves what all those MJ-era superstars BELIEVE which is "if it weren't for the GOAT, i'd have more rings".

No sorry, even if you came after "your GOAT" there would have been this kid named kobe that would have pwned you too.

Because outside of marketing bias for MJ, the debate is real.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe contacted Charles on his personal phone to bad mouth him after Barkley made a comment on national TV saying Kobe quit on the Lakers in the 2006 playoffs against the Suns. Kobe soon later went on TNT as a guest analyst to discuss the matter so both of them could explain their point of view. Kobe owned Charles IMO during that segment while Charles spoke with a much lighter tone. Shortly after, every time Charles Barkley would mention Kobe for any reason on the show, he would start with "I respect Kobe Bryant, but..." That slowly faded away and now he is back to his typical Kobe hating.

Also remember Barkley is a big Jordan nut hugger.

Anyone remember back when C. Webb was on the show, and Barkley made a comment about Kobe scoring 30 or 40 points a game is long gone? Then Kenny said something like "He scored 30+ points in every game during this series". Charles instantly says "But that wasn't the difference in this series". Ernie says "It didn't hurt". All the while Webber is looking at Charles like "You're making yourself look stupid bro". It was funny stuff. I miss C. Webb on that show.

Last edited by Legacy on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Kobe contacted Charles on his personal phone to bad mouth him after Barkley made a comment on national TV saying Kobe quit on the Lakers in the 2006 playoffs against the Suns. Kobe soon later went on TNT as a guest analyst to discuss the matter so both of them could explain their point of view. Kobe owned Charles IMO during that segment while Charles spoke with a much lighter tone. Shortly after, every time Charles Barkley would mention Kobe for any reason on the show, he would start with "I respect Kobe Bryant, but..." That slowly faded away and now he is back to his typical Kobe hating.

Anyone remember back when C. Webb was on the show, and Barkley made a comment about Kobe scoring 30 or 40 points a game is long gone? Then Kenny said something like "He scored 30+ points in every game during this series". Charles instantly says "But that wasn't the difference in this series". All the while Webber is looking at Charles like "You're making yourself look stupid bro". It was funny stuff. I miss C. Webb on that show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Anyone remember back when C. Webb was on the show, and Barkley made a comment about Kobe scoring 30 or 40 points a game is long gone? Then Kenny said something like "He scored 30+ points in every game during this series". Charles instantly says "But that wasn't the difference in this series". All the while Webber is looking at Charles like "You're making yourself look stupid bro". It was funny stuff. I miss C. Webb on that show.

Chuck just likes to hear himself talk....
When there is somebody to give rebuttals he sounds like a fool.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Anyone remember back when C. Webb was on the show, and Barkley made a comment about Kobe scoring 30 or 40 points a game is long gone? Then Kenny said something like "He scored 30+ points in every game during this series". Charles instantly says "But that wasn't the difference in this series". Ernie says "It didn't hurt". All the while Webber is looking at Charles like "You're making yourself look stupid bro". It was funny stuff. I miss C. Webb on that show.

rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Chuck just said Kobe is in his top 10 goat the other day. Used to have him top 5 during the championship years.

But he has been hating on LA pretty hard lately lol
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) that buck dancing fool
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

He and Stu should do a broadcast together.

!...
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

Inside the NBA is garbage now, partly because of Shaq (and Charles' disdain for Shaq). Two marble mouths with Shaq and Chuck, and two agenda pushers with Kenny and Chuck. NBA TV has a good lineup with Ernie, Steve Smith and C. Webb, but they don't talk as much.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:

I don't care for his Laker-related opinions, but I like Barkley.
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I don't care for his Laker-related opinions, but I like Barkley.

Barkley should be a guest host from time to time because he can be funny at times but his analysis usually only states the obvious and he can't even put two English sentences together in a coherent manner.

And yes, he has some sort of issue with Kobe and the Lakers. It's very obvious. There is likely something that has gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about that has led to his Kobe and Lakers hate.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
I don't know where it stems from but THIS has been going on for a very long time.

I've seen this exchange b4, but omg Lebron has clearly lost a step. Look how fast he used to be.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
He and Stu should do a broadcast together.

No they shouldn't.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Legacy wrote:

MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

Charles said Kobe is top ten all time. Exactly where I put Kobe, somewhere between 5 and 10. Recently Kobe is not close to a dominate player even though he tried to be this season. Charles is speaking the truth, what's the big deal. Is the big mouth Barkley suppose to sugar coat the fact that father time has finally caught up with Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: